• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Leicester City - 3-0 Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. It’s not easy for this team to positively surprise me at this point after all they’ve done, but they did tonight. Half the first team missing and they went out and performed brilliantly to a man.

Alisson n/a - literally had nothing to do all game
Matip 6 - won his headers, but overall a bit rusty
Fabinho 8 - he’s such a superb tackler and a reader of the game. Removed the ball from Foxes' possession with surgical precision.
Milner 8 - Leicester were having a lot of joy down his flank in the first 15 minutes, but afterwards he has been brilliant, particularly with his passing. If anything, solidified the midfield after moving there by necessity in the 2nd half.
Robertson 8.5 MOM - what else needs to be said?
Wijnaldum 6 - DM is not his best position, but was solid as usual. Glad he survived the tackle that made us all gasp at first.
Jones 6.5 - he’s maturing quickly. Deserves his minutes.
Keita 6.5 - played almost as a 4th forward at times, good energy, but couldn’t find a killer pass or touch. Hopefully the injury isn’t serious.
Jota 7.5 - great runs, yet another good goal and seems like his interplay with the his front 3 partners is improving. The biggest compliment to him is that we didn’t feel Salah’s absence in this game.
Firmino 7 - played extremely deep in the first half, which was pretty effective at giving us another passing and hold-the-ball-up option in the middle. Started finding more joy in the 2nd half and I thought perhaps playing with a kindred free-spirit in Jones helped. The long-awaited goal was the deserved icing on a cake.
Mane 6.5 - not a his best, still unplayable. Like someone mentioned in the match thread, perhaps had to do more selfless running because of Salah's absence.

Subs:
Williams 6 - a couple of moments where he showed his inexperience, but overall got into the game well and didn't disappoint.
Origi n/a
Minamino n/a

Last edited:
I thought we could beat them with Hendo ... I thought we could without, but no way did I assume it would be this easy.
It really should have been 5/6-1 or something.
There's so much positive from that game.
Allison as usual dominating.
Milner solid at RB.
Matip & Fabinho did their jobs well.
Robbo playing at a level that is out of this world. I mean he's fucking incredible.
Gini doing his thing.
Curtis Jones playing as if he belongs.
Keita was playing so well too ... so gutted by his injury ... I think we need to move on, availability is so key - and he's just injured too much. Pity as talent is there.
Mane - so dangerous, could have scored 3 on another day.
Jota - so dangerous, could have scored 3 on another day.
Bobby - FINALLY, so fucking dangerous, could have scored 3 on another day.

Robbo and Milner on both sides, a master class of drone like pin point delivery, awesome to see.
Gini, pack him away put him in secure storage at new Melwood with Milner on guard.

Yep, superb. Great work all over the pitch. Special mention of Curtis Jones because of his discipline - second game in succession he's just quietly done what he was told to do. Nothing fancy but that's one of the things that you want to see at his age.

Yep, superb. Great work all over the pitch. Special mention of Curtis Jones because of his discipline - second game in succession he's just quietly done what he was told to do. Nothing fancy but that's one of the things that you want to see at his age.

Yup said it at half time, the discipline he's showing is as exciting as the talent.
He just belongs.

40940389cf59a47a7a5de08c88c17604.jpg

Jota needs to start every week, what a good problem to have with that front three when Salah is back from the covid.

Fabinho is massively undervalued considering he can put that performance in at CB and CM.

Whole team was class, Jones fitting in well

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. It’s not easy for this team to positively surprise me at this point after all they’ve done, but they did tonight. Half the first team missing and they went out and performed brilliantly to a man.

Alisson n/a - literally had nothing to do all game
Matip 6 - won his headers, but overall a bit rusty
Fabinho 8 - he’s such a superb tackler and a reader of the game. Every time he’s had to make a decisive intervention, he’s been spot on and deadly calm.
Milner 8 - Leicester were having a lot of joy down his flank in the first 15 minutes, but afterwards he has been brilliant, particularly with his passing. If anything, solidified the midfield after moving there by necessity in the 2nd half.
Robertson 8.5 MOM - what else needs to be said?
Wijnaldum 6 - DM is not his best position, but was solid as usual. Glad he survived the tackle that made us all gasp at first.
Jones 6.5 - he’s maturing quickly. Deserves his minutes.
Keita 6.5 - played almost as a 4th forward at times, good energy, but couldn’t find a killer pass or touch. Hopefully the injury isn’t serious.
Jota 7.5 - great runs, yet another good goal and seems like his interplay with the his front 3 partner is improving. The biggest compliment to him is that we didn’t feel Salah’s absence in this game.
Firmino 7 - played extremely deep in the first half, which was pretty effective at giving us another passing and hold-the-ball-up option in the middle. Started finding more joy in the 2nd half and I thought perhaps playing with a kindred free-spirit in Jones helped. The long-awaited goal was the deserved icing on a cake.
Mane 6.5 - not a his best, still unplayable.
Alisson nothing to do ?! Didn't you see his 100m dash and clearance 😀
Definitely a bit parsimonious with the ratings there.

Alisson 7
Matip 7

Fabinho 8
Milner 8
Robertson 8
Wijnaldum 7
Jones 7
Keita 7
Jota 8
Mane 7
Firmino 7.5

Sub.
Neco Williams 7

Allison nothing to do?

His ‘nothing’ intervention is exactly the kind of thing Adrian doesn’t do and it’s 2-1.

Perhaps a slight exaggeration to underline the extent of our dominance 😉 But seriously he didn’t have a proper save to make.

Last edited:
Brilliant performance. All we have been hearing about for weeks are our injuries, but at no time this evening did we look like a team that was missing a lot of it’s top players.

Quite remarkable.

Like a few before me, I want to go through the whole team and eulogise about the amazing performance.

Instead I'll just give everyone 10. Not one poor performance. I echo the comments on Curtis in particular, and let's be honest who knew Jota was gonna be this good?

To the pessimists before the game and before many of the other games this season, can we all be believers again?

Yes it's not going to be easy, but surely klopp and our team has done enough to warrant confidence in them?

We've had a remarkably difficult start. Virtually every week we're playing either a top of the table clash or one of the fancied teams. And we're still joint top.

I tell you what I thought they would give us a hard game and we just beat them easy as you like. Fluke goal, took control and then a lovely second goal and that was it. We cut through them so frequently that we could have won by 8 if we needed to, and our defence was calm and generally assured.

Theres an extra something about beating Leicester with Rodgers in charge. Feels like a little statement. We have some easier games until Spurs mid December (inc. Brighton and Palace) so if we can keep this run of form we can cement first place before Xmas. Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom