• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

I'd like to find out why Ian Rush is a turd. I wonder is it because Woland confused him with one of the chuckle brothers, with hilarious consequences?

I had Rush, Fowler, Barnes, Gamman, McManaman, Luis Garcia, David James, Berger, David Thompson and Chris Fairclough (amongst overs) in the Imperial over the years I was running it.

Barnes was nice, just couldn’t shut up, but a decent fellow. He drank gin and tonic.

Fowler was friendly enough as well - he drank Little Creatures Pale Ale, a beer similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

McManaman & Hames were friendly enough, Berger & Garcia were quiet, although Luis was smashing Corona, David Thompson drank tea.

Hamman was a bit grumpy, but I think he was hung over.

I asked Rush what beer he’d like… he said a pint of Stella - that’s all you need to know - he was judged!!!

Fairclough I dunno… but he seemed a decent enough guy.

I refuse to believe that Steve Nicol is anything other than a true gent. If anyone tries to tell me otherwise, they are dead to me.

Fairclough is also a really nice guy. I mean it's all subjective innit. Having met him in a few different situations he's always been good company. I know what you mean about Steve Nicol but have you seen him host that American TV bollocks. He seems insufferable.

There was a story once about his first Scottish call up for the national side and he was driving up with Dalglish, hansen and souness and he needed a piss so they pulled over in the middle of nowhere and while he was pissing they drove off, left him there to figure out how to get to Edinburgh on his own. He said he realised it was to build his character. I think we all know the truth. He was an annoying cunt so they kicked him out and drove off.

Nooooooo!!!!

I once nicked & drank Fairclough's glass of lager in the director's bar at Prenton Park. I was there to watch my mate Emy's brother Iffy Onuora play for Huddersfield.

Nooooooo!!!!

I once nicked & drank Fairclough's glass of lager in the director's bar at Prenton Park. I was there to watch my mate Emy's brother Iffy Onuora play for Huddersfield.
I’ve just been giving my (22 y.o.) son a telling for minesweeping in the local. Disappointed in you @tombrown

The problem is it’s now too late - the fans want their club to be able to spend regardless of whether they have the money to do so, but expect the league to bail them out if it goes tits up.

I’d have said go back to the old days of it being a free-for-all and if any club goes under, fuck ‘em.

That all changed, though, the minute they allowed nation states with near unlimited resources to own clubs.

Now it’s just the usual business ethic of finding whatever loophole or workaround you can to get by the rules without actually breaking them - and all the League can do is keep over-legislating until the whole thing ends up in court more often than Donald Trump.

Part of me thinks we really should just scrap these FFP rules and make it clear there will be no financial help for Premier League clubs if they go into administration - but if they do, they are immediately booted to the bottom of the football pyramid - like Rangers were in Scotland.

Things is - if there are no rules to prevent it, and I don’t think there are, then the Premier League can’t go after them.

Back
Top Bottom