• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Swiss team is different. Imo England are not favourites.
Their manager Yakin said this after the Italy game:

"I knew that if they play 4 at back, then we'll destroy them. we knew we'll flatten them. if they play 4 at back, then we'll let them run and that's what happened."
That's irrelevant though. They are not favourites on any prediction or sports site from here to the USA. Generally 45% England win, 30% ET and 25% Swiss win.

That's irrelevant though. They are not favourites on any prediction or sports site from here to the USA. Generally 45% England win, 30% ET and 25% Swiss win.
Yes of course England are favourites just like LFC will be favourites against Ipswich on opening day, but I'm looking at it based on form and performance.
Unlike England, the Swiss have a game plan and the players bought into it.
They might not match England skill-wise just like Slovakia, but they're a lot closer and they do have players who can hurt England.

I wish Trent and Gomez the best but, it can get ugly.

As does ignoring the obvious due to your prejudices.

Just taking a look at the depth and quality of the Portugal squad (regardless of diving and whining - as per every Portuguese side) should open your eyes - but with shite in them I guess that colours everything you look at and say.

Germany have been shite / lucky against any decent team - you say I ignore them winning, bet that's not your attitude to England is it.

What are you babbling on about Froggy, I've said you've ignored bigger failures by both the Portuguese and Netherlands (both lost to inferior opposition). Facts. Do you not think they should be beating Georgia with the side they had out? What's your excuse for the Dutch shitting their pants against Austria and looking toothless v France? What's your excuse to Portugal needing a heroic keeper in a pen shoot out to get past Slovenia.

Neither side, nor England for that matter have looked more impressive than either the Swiss or Germans, there is no further debate to be had about this.

What are you babbling on about Froggy, I've said you've ignored bigger failures by both the Portuguese and Netherlands (both lost to inferior opposition). Facts. Do you not think they should be beating Georgia with the side they had out? What's your excuse for the Dutch shitting their pants against Austria and looking toothless v France? What's your excuse to Portugal needing a heroic keeper in a pen shoot out to get past Slovenia.

Neither side, nor England for that matter have looked more impressive than either the Swiss or Germans, there is no further debate to be had about this.
The question is WTF are YOU babbling on about. You clearly have a comprehension issue. Read this again :" My rankings based on likelihood to win it".

Not one side have been impressive throughout bar Spain so going back to the group stages to support your opinion isn't relevant.

Portugal have squad depth and top quality players. They've played some lovely football let down by finishing. They can beat France.

Netherlands - I gave you their next two matches and after an impressive win (that could have been 6 or 7) against a Romanian team that looked good in the group stages (your barometer it seems) they have a great chance of making the final. Maybe I rated them too low at #4.

The Swiss won't make it past England and the Netherlands so their #7 rating is spot on.

The Germans aren't getting past Spain.

No clue how Martinez continues to get the top jobs and how Ronaldo continues to do whatever the hell he wants on the pitch.
Really? You know once you're on manager merry-go-round, its quite hard to fall off. I don't think he has been that bad, he is at best mediocre

No clue how Martinez continues to get the top jobs and how Ronaldo continues to do whatever the hell he wants on the pitch.

He must be good in interviews… Talks about possession, control, psychology, nails all the buzz words with a sexy Spanish accent - he is like a blander, conflict-averse version of Pep.

Could we see an Underdog win the comp this year? We've had it before (Denmark and Greece). We know only one of the big 4 fav will be in the final from France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. I could imagine it will be a Germany-England final

Could we see an Underdog win the comp this year? We've had it before (Denmark and Greece). We know only one of the big 4 fav will be in the final from France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. I could imagine it will be a Germany-England final
I can see the Dutch winning it.

Yes of course England are favourites just like LFC will be favourites against Ipswich on opening day, but I'm looking at it based on form and performance.
Unlike England, the Swiss have a game plan and the players bought into it.
They might not match England skill-wise just like Slovakia, but they're a lot closer and they do have players who can hurt England.

I wish Trent and Gomez the best but, it can get ugly.
You actually saw some skills displayed by England ? I saw none.

On the other hand no one says Peking anymore ... (no idea why, but I always assumed Beijing is the correct Chinese word in western alphabet)
Exactly. What is wrong with the world. Full of woke idiots finding fault where there is none.
You don't hear people calling China 'Zhong Guo' or writing it as 中国. Etc et

On the other hand no one says Peking anymore ... (no idea why, but I always assumed Beijing is the correct Chinese word in western alphabet)
The Greeks still call it Peking. Well, they say Πεκίνο.

He must be good in interviews… Talks about possession, control, psychology, nails all the buzz words with a sexy Spanish accent - he is like a blander, conflict-averse version of Pep.

Basically how I've succeeded in my career, except without the sexy Spanish accent.

I'm a blander, pasty white Canadian version of Roberto Martinez.

Different way of Romanising Chinese words. The old system was likely Wade as opposed to Pinyin now.

One Turkish guy I know thinks it's nonsense that foreigners call his country "Türkiye". His attitude: "When I speak Turkish that's what I'd call the place. When I'm speaking English it's 'Turkey'. The rest is cr@p. People don't pronounce it right anyway."

As I understand it, Türkiye is the original European name for the country (old French Turquie, Latin, Turchia, English: Turkye).

So it's a bit like everyone calling you Dick and then one day you pop up and say "No guys, my name is Richard" or something inane like that.

As I understand it, Türkiye is the original European name for the country (old French Turquie, Latin, Turchia, English: Turkye).

So it's a bit like everyone calling you Dick and then one day you pop up and say "No guys, my name is Richard" or something inane like that.
I had a boss like that once.
Everyone called him Dick but he didn't like it.
Probably because his name was Jonathon.

Germans have decided to kick the fuck out of the Spanish. Speaking to people kicking the fuck out of others and putting them in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom