• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

David Villa is off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
well mamma mia can't be any worse than chuntz who claims we will land villa AND silva (silva being already in the bag). gracious.

With all due respect to Mama Mia and his source, I can't see Valencia accepting £25M rising to £32M for David Villa, not when Real Madrid would be able to eclipse that quite comfortably.

Obviously lets hope I'm wrong.

There'sno way we're signing him. No way.

I can't believe people are even bothering to delude themselves.

1645 BST: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims it is only a "question of time" before the club sign Valencia striker David Villa.

"Valencia president Manuel Llorente knows what he wants to do," Perez told Canal Nou. "Us as well. For that the operation is a question of time.

"Everything must be done in a friendly and co-operative way and we have very good relations with Valencia. Things need to be done calmly, be explained well and so that everybody is happy.

"We have the whole of the summer ahead of us."

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/19/Liga-Villa-agent-on-Valencia-policy/gnid-57635/

Valencia rule out Villa sale

Valencia have now announced that striker David Villa is not for sale at any price, according to the player’s agent.

The 27-year-old Spain international had been expected to move to Real Madrid or Barcelona this summer, while Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool have also been linked.

However, his agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, has now issued a statement saying Valencia are no longer willing to allow him to leave.

"Valencia CF, through [chief executive] Javier Gomez and later [club president] Manuel Llorente, allowed me to work in putting David Villa on the market as his representative,†he said.

“They had to sell him to help their difficult economic situation and gave me the conditions they required to complete the transfer.

“David has always been wholly committed to the club despite the poor economic situation at Valencia but, because David is a world-class player, we have received offers from the four best teams in the world.

"I am upset because Valencia have changed their position and said that they do not want to sell the player despite, as you all know, having held negotiations with three of the four major clubs.

“This is a very unpleasant situation and is not good for anyone. It should be remembered that David has always said that he is very happy at Valencia.

“We went into the market and now arrive at a sad situation, leaving with our tails between our legs.

“It was not worth the damage that could have been done to both Valencia CF and David Villa and we have to take into account the fact that situation is more frustrating given that he is currently playing in the Confederations Cup with the Spanish team in South Africa.

“It is very sad.â€

Villa had said in his post-match comments after Spain's victory over Iraq that he knew where he would be playing next season, and Tamargo added in As: "He didn't say anything about playing for Real Madrid.

"That was something between me and him. We won't go into that."

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34226.msg890549#msg890549 date=1245319077]
[quote author=Mamma Mia link=topic=34226.msg890547#msg890547 date=1245319003]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34226.msg890535#msg890535 date=1245318312]
Babel + Lucas + 25 mill for Villa

Helps both teams.
[/quote]

We're buying him. It's a structured deal and involves no player exchanges.
[/quote]

(In best Italian voice)

Mamma Mia!
[/quote]

Here we go again.

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34226.msg891676#msg891676 date=1245442628]
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34226.msg890549#msg890549 date=1245319077]
[quote author=Mamma Mia link=topic=34226.msg890547#msg890547 date=1245319003]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34226.msg890535#msg890535 date=1245318312]
Babel + Lucas + 25 mill for Villa

Helps both teams.
[/quote]

We're buying him. It's a structured deal and involves no player exchanges.
[/quote]

My my...

(In best Italian voice)

Mamma Mia!
[/quote]

Here we go again.
[/quote]

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=34226.msg891620#msg891620 date=1245427893]
Liverpool don't have the funds, so he ain't leaving till we do.
[/quote]

That and the fact he doesn't want to leave Spain unless Valencia won't sell to Barca/Madrid.

Valencia striker David Villa has ruled out the possibility of moving to England this summer.

The Spain international has become the subject of intense transfer speculation of late, with a host of clubs rumoured to be in the running to land his signature.

Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona were believed to be leading that chase, with Manchester United and Chelsea providing Premier League interest.

A switch to Real appeared to a formality at one stage, only for cash-strapped Valencia to then claim that they had no intention of selling the striker to any of his potential suitors.

That has done little to prevent rumours from circulating, though, with Villa still regarded as one of Europe's hottest properties.

The player himself is keen to see an end to the distracting episode, and has promised to make an announcement on his future shortly, but he has confirmed that whatever happens he wants to remain in his homeland.

"A week ago my future was clear, and now it's not," Villa told Cuatro.

"I've been through some tough moments, which are partly my own fault, but I decided to put it all aside and I've not thought about it in the last five days."

Villa recently claimed that he had already decided where he intended to play next season, and on that subject he added: "When I said I had taken a decision it was true, and this decision is that next season I will play in Spain because it is the league that is best for me, I will not go abroad."

Yea we've got a pre contract with him where we buy him, Madrid loan him off us for a season or two for the price of the transfer then when he comes to us rafa resigns and goes off to Madrid.

Well it's at least as plausible as smokescreen

He's gone down in my estimations, I've always been under the impression that he's a total fair weather player who's in his comfort zone, which you know, fair enough cause he's proving to be a talent but he'll never be the best if he doesn't test himself and lose the big fish attitude.

That annoyed me a fair bit last night, in the confed cup match too, he get trying to take the game to the Yanks on his own and numerous occasions tried to do something when better options were open, neglected them and allowed the yanks to break/ get back possession.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34226.msg895157#msg895157 date=1245954359]
He's gone down in my estimations, I've always been under the impression that he's a total fair weather player who's in his comfort zone, which you know, fair enough cause he's proving to be a talent but he'll never be the best if he doesn't test himself and lose the big fish attitude.

That annoyed me a fair bit last night, in the confed cup match too, he get trying to take the game to the Yanks on his own and numerous occasions tried to do something when better options were open, neglected them and allowed the yanks to break/ get back possession.
[/quote]

technically he would be testing himself moving to real or barca, CL football and genuine title contenders. also you could argue the shift of power is back with spain with three of the very best players in the world (ronaldo, messi, kaka) plying their trade there.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34226.msg895229#msg895229 date=1245965921]
the best league in europe - easily spain now.
[/quote]

Because Real have bought Ronaldo and Kaka? How have the other teams improved?

[/quote]

er what?

Define Best - The top half of the prem would walk all over the top half of La Liga

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=34226.msg895244#msg895244 date=1245966536]
[/quote]

Because Real have bought Ronaldo and Kaka? How have the other teams improved?
[/quote]

european champions, national team, new age of galacticos, barcelona champions of europe, the weather. easily a quality top 2 and mid table teams that can actually play football.

beyond the top 4 our premier league is really average. yes they have a top 2 but a far stronger mid tier.

tax laws will continue to attract the top players and make it harder for us to compete.

might be a blessing in disguise as we see the re emergence of english talent

I didn't know not being able to defend for shit was pre requisite for mid table teams actually be able to play football.

what's them being european champions got to do their domestic league ? We've got Alonso,reina,arbeloa, Torres, Riera all part of that squad, more than Madrid has . .

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34226.msg895274#msg895274 date=1245967542]
I didn't know not being able to defend for shit was pre requisite for mid table teams actually be able to play football.

what's them being european champions got to do their domestic league ? We've got Alonso,reina,arbeloa, Torres, Riera all part of that squad, more than Madrid has . .
[/quote]

bar torres yes all part of the squad but first choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom