• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread Chelsea (H) - Sunday October 20 4:30

Did not realise Lavia was playing... i thought overall they had a better midfield today though. We were missing Macca.

I like Nunez's passion but he needs to calm down.

The same referee that saw Klopp pull a hammy after trying to celebrate in front of him. He's an absolute prick.

Action man Jones does the lot for Slot​

Curtis Jones’s all-action display against Chelsea was all the more impressive, given that the Liverpool midfielder and his partner have a newborn daughter at home – and he slept in the spare room before Sunday’s game. Called in to cover for Alexis Mac Allister, who picked up a knock on Argentina duty, Jones brought energy to Arne Slot’s midfield in an outstanding box-to-box display. He kept Cole Palmer quiet, might have won two penalties with runs into the box (the second was overturned by VAR) – and was in the right place again to poke home a second-half winner. Jones’s form will be a big boost for Slot with a brutal run of fixtures set to test the depth of his squad. The 23-year-old is surely overdue an England senior debut, having been part of the recent Nations League squad. Jones is the kind of dynamic midfielder Thomas Tuchel may be looking for, and more game time for Liverpool could convince the interim manager, Lee Carsley, to bed in a player he called “one of the most talented I’ve worked with.”

Well deserved win and valuable 3 points, despite an awful and obversely biased referee towards rich and big-headed Chelsea players. The final score should have been 3-1 and Chelsea defender sent off the way he has tackled Jota, it is a red card offence! And the second pen was 100% penalty!

I thought Jones was the start of our midfield! That lad can play, and I just don't understand why LFC fans question his ability and performance at times? He ought to be way ahead of Szobo (overrated) in the team selections, Szobo can't pass, can't score from easy chances, and he made many mistakes in yesterday's game could have let to goals. I don't know why Slot kept him on the whole game, he should have taken him off and pushed Trent into midfield instead. That is why Trent got upset and was complaining afterward, you can see it at the end of the match Slot tried to hug him, and he brushed off! I think Trent will leave soon! However, he produced a good defensive performance yesterday.

We need another good performance next weekend against Arsenal.

Have to say, Caicedo and Lavia were both very good. Showed why it made sense to go after them at the time. Caicedo’s crisp passing surprised me; he even played the through-ball for their goal.

Caicedo impressed me yesterday. Showed why we made the bid and that he's one of the best midfielders in the league.

not according to gary neville who must’ve gotten himself a chelsea tattoo before the match.

i said the same in the match thread, salah doesn’t have the right to step across the ball and protect it? neville was looking for him to be booked!!

So that explains Slot’s comment about Salah “giving Trent competition at right-back.” He needed Mo to cover Veiga who always stepped infield and created numerical superiority for Chelsea, allowing them to cut through our press. This is the advantage of the inverted full-back system - even if the opposition counters it, you’re forcing them to trade their winger for a full-back.

Tactical games aside, I always felt that the difference between the two teams is that our players wanted it just a tad more and the senior players like Salah and VVD also had more experience in close hard-fought games like these. Talent-wise and tactics-wise it felt pretty even.

So that explains Slot’s comment about Salah “giving Trent competition at right-back.” He needed Mo to cover Veiga who always stepped infield and created numerical superiority for Chelsea, allowing them to cut through our press. This is the advantage of the inverted full-back system - even if the opposition counters it, you’re forcing them to trade their winger for a full-back.

Tactical games aside, I always felt that the difference between the two teams is that our players wanted it just a tad more and the senior players like Salah and VVD also had more experience in close hard-fought games like these. Talent-wise and tactics-wise it felt pretty even.

View: https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1848424635626557554

Back
Top Bottom