• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many goals or strikes on target have we had from these lovely looking crosses though?
What? The inability of a certain player to put the ball in the net is not a reflection on how good or bad the cross is. You really do talk a lot of shite sometimes Pat.

On the ratings side of things...

I was quite disappointed with Wijnaldum. I appreciate it was an unfamiliar position but in possession he was poor. Some of his passes (earlier on at least) could've resulted in goals and he never really took on the responsibility of playing it forward.

046AAEA6000003E8-5143377-image-a-5_1512386421470.jpg

Discarded CGI-experiment Garth Crooks has waddled into the handshake-gate row with his usual toad-like pomposity, averring:

'Losing 5-1 is no fun, especially when Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is fist-pumping every goal and celebrating with his staff like it's the final of the Champions League. I understand the importance of winning, but this was Brighton.

'What I do take exception to is any manager being kept waiting to shake hands once a game has finished, while his opposite number finishes hugging and kissing his players and staff in celebration of their victory. "

How this bug-eyed ball of confusion still gets work is beyond me.

That picture is always captioned as "There's No More Biscuits, Garth"

Discarded CGI-experiment Garth Crooks has waddled into the handshake-gate row with his usual toad-like pomposity, averring:

'Losing 5-1 is no fun, especially when Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is fist-pumping every goal and celebrating with his staff like it's the final of the Champions League. I understand the importance of winning, but this was Brighton.

'What I do take exception to is any manager being kept waiting to shake hands once a game has finished, while his opposite number finishes hugging and kissing his players and staff in celebration of their victory. "

So he criticizes Klopp for his celebration but goes on to belittle Brighton by saying " but this was Brighton"

I think they call it "Care in the Community".

I missed all this fucking hoo-haa.

Seems a bit silly, really. Klopp's always had a reputation for touch-line histrionics and letting his emotions get the better of him when things go well (or badly)

I can see why Hughton might get a bit miffed if he's watching his team get humped 5-1, and Klopp celebrates madly after every goal (I don't know if he did).
And I can understand if he fucked off the divine and blessed post-match handshake, because Klopp was still leaping about and high-fiving his mates. I'd fuck it off too, like as if anyone would wait around like a fucking mug. I'm glad he was upset.

Again, I don't know if that's exactly what happened. And I don't care.

Yeah, I bet plenty of people in football do think Klopp is a bit of a div sometimes. But so what? Do we want it to be an entirely emotion-free zone, with media-trained drones and politeness at all times? Garth Crooks might do, because that's why the insipid, dull, thick cunt still has a job thanks to the BBC.

I think I prefer a few rough edges, snark and griping. Bring it.

Some of the goals were well worthy a celebration. The pass from Phil to Bobby and the free kick were outstanding.

On the ratings side of things...

I was quite disappointed with Wijnaldum. I appreciate it was an unfamiliar position but in possession he was poor. Some of his passes (earlier on at least) could've resulted in goals and he never really took on the responsibility of playing it forward.

You get used to that feeling after a while.

Yeah, I bet plenty of people in football do think Klopp is a bit of a div sometimes. But so what? Do we want it to be an entirely emotion-free zone, with media-trained drones and politeness at all times? Garth Crooks might do, because that's why the insipid, dull, thick cunt still has a job thanks to the BBC.

Although, even the beeb know enough to limit his appearances.

Although, even the beeb know enough to limit his appearances.

They let him do "Garth's Team Of The Week" every single WEEK on the website.

I haven't seen him much on telly recently - he's obviously not allowed on MOTD prime-time, what does he actually get? Football Focus? - and that is something to be thankful for.

"Sead Kolasinac is built like one of those North London brick toilets that withstood bombing raids during the Second World War. Even after the most awful tackle by my defender of the year last season, David Luiz, he rose to his feet determined to finish the game..."

...just like a North London toilet.

He's one of those rare, unfortunate types that is extraordinarily thick, but wants to pretend he isn't. Hence the lengthy pauses, weird gestures and extra emphasis on the WRONg...words? And the tortuous metaphors and similes.

A 24-carat fucking idiot.

"Sead Kolasinac is built like one of those North London brick toilets that withstood bombing raids during the Second World War. Even after the most awful tackle by my defender of the year last season, David Luiz, he rose to his feet determined to finish the game..."

...just like a North London toilet.

Arf.

What? The inability of a certain player to put the ball in the net is not a reflection on how good or bad the cross is. You really do talk a lot of shite sometimes Pat.

I disagree in so much as if you aren't picking people out with your cross then it's not near as good as it may look, whether they finish it or not, which is why I said effort on goal to

I disagree in so much as if you aren't picking people out with your cross then it's not near as good as it may look, whether they finish it or not, which is why I said effort on goal to

Fucking hell. Babel fish has just blown up. That’s another one you owe me for

Wtf actual fuck?

No we Fucking don't.

Behave.

Now me and the rest of the forum correctly read that as "some of the best full backs in the league at crossing", but I'm aware that you wrongly read that as "the best full backs in the league", so just to clarify, thats not what i'm saying, calm yourself.

The point was they're very very good crossers of the ball, some of the best in the league in their position, it's an attribute we should look to exploit.

Now me and the rest of the forum correctly read that as "some of the best full backs in the league at crossing", but I'm aware that you wrongly read that as "the best full backs in the league", so just to clarify, thats not what i'm saying, calm yourself.

The point was they're very very good crossers of the ball, some of the best in the league in their position, it's an attribute we should look to exploit.

I guess I just evaluate crossing ability a little different so.

How chances/goals have the two best crossers in the league produced?

And before you even try and defend the statement neither has played anywhere near enough to get such praise.

Consistently over time is key, as opposed to saying 'oh they have a nice curve on their cross'

I've always tried to like Wijnaldum but sometimes it's hard. He clearly has talent.. but it's rare that we get to see it on a consistent basis. He was shockingly shite against Brighton. I'll forgive the poor positioning and inconsistent defensive marking and tracking back because he isn't a defender. The areas where he should have impressed : composure, passing, and vision was where he struggled most. I've never noticed him being so one footed before and he looked so uncomfortable. His passing was rubbish, putting his team mates under pressure, missing them completely or unnecessarily slowing the play down.

Yeah, even though he was unsure about playing as a defender he seemed to lost every skill he had as a midfielder which is highly puzzling. He played as though he was a 17 year old kid thrust into the first team with the way he handled the ball and the jittery nature of his controls and passes. He was really a deer in highlights in the first 30 mins.

But that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about a good cross, that the striker should be scoring from. Which is why I always treat the "assist" statistic with a pinch of salt.

Klopp clarified the Hughton 'incident' in his presser this afternoon. Apparently, straight after the whistle, as Klopp headed towards the Brighton dugout, Salah gave him a hug, then he went to shake Hughton's hand and Hughton lectured on him on shaking the opposition manager's hand before hugging his own players. What an absolute tit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom