• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Bournemouth (A) - Sun 21st 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBs : VvD, Konate, Quansah & Gomez
LB : Gomez & Beck
RB : Bradley & Gomez

Not down to the bare bones yet and luckily after Bournmouth it's LC & FAC before the PL again. Trent, Szobo and Robbo should all be back by then and even have 20-30 mins under their belts. Even Gomez could get a rest.
The worry there is that Gomez is the starter in one position, and the backup in another 2; and he's someone who picks up knocks. It may not be bare bones, but we're massively emaciated

The worry there is that Gomez is the starter in one position, and the backup in another 2; and he's someone who picks up knocks. It may not be bare bones, but we're massively emaciated
This is what I meant

We should be starting Nunez, Jota and diaz, they need to build a understand together, even more so no that Mo Salah has picked up a hamstring injury at the Afcon

Bournemouth are on a serious run of form. This is going to be a very tough game. I'd take a very ugly win.
They also have a number of injuries and Senesi suspended (and Ouattara and Semenyo away at the AFCON).

The upside of playing Bournemouth is that they are an attacking side. They won't sit back a la Fulham and play on the break. This suits us. They lost 3-1 in their last PL game away at Spurs because of that. Spurs hitting them on the break MANY times (even though Bournemouth out-shot them 24 shots to 12 but only 4 to 6 on target).

Note they were also very lucky to beat QPR, though take a look at QPR's goals - we have the pace to tear them a new one down their very dodgy right hand side.

Spurs should also have had 2-3 more !

Hopefully you are all overthinking this and I'll go with the vast majority of commentators and studio guests : my prediction is Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 3

That's not so bad an option and was thinking he might do that. I just thought that with so much time off lately we might try and murder them in the first ten minutes to avoid that slow start we sometimes have, and that would seem to suit Diaz and Nunez on the wings.

Not sure about having Elliott on the wing. Didn't do that well against Fulham.

That's not so bad an option and was thinking he might do that. I just thought that with so much time off lately we might try and murder them in the first ten minutes to avoid that slow start we sometimes have, and that would seem to suit Diaz and Nunez on the wings.
In the video above with the pressers somebody suggests to Klopp that he might do exactly that as part of a question about Diaz (11.10). He doesn't respond to that part of the question, naturally.

He ain't got the pace for it.. personally.. Elliott. I've no idea who else to you would have there tbh. Maybe Nunez.

Do we play it safe, try to be tight, start Gakpo through the middle with Diaz & Harvey flanking him and save the Chaos Donkey and Jota in case we need them?

Then start them both against Fulham?

Do we play it safe, try to be tight, start Gakpo through the middle with Diaz & Harvey flanking him and save the Chaos Donkey and Jota in case we need them?

Fuck no. That's such a pedestrian front 3. Bournemouth are top of the form table in the division, and we've just had a week's holiday. Engage Warp drive Mr Sulu.

Nunez - Jota - Diaz looked quite promising a few games ago. I’d start that away to a team that naturally will want to attack us and leave space in behind for us to exploit.

Jeez. Didn't you watch the QPR video I posted? Both goals came from their RB getting destroyed. Nunez would tear them a new one.

I recall these derailing us after we’d trounced the skanks and they didn’t even have to play well. Different teams now— both are better— but we still give teams too many chances. And we’re as wasteful as all get out. Would therefore love us not concede the first goal but to score first and score often.

One thing, though, that Klopp is much better at doing this season is his use of substitutions and change of tactics.

The whole right side is up for grabs today.

I think I’d like to see Bradley RB, Elliot RCM and Diaz RW. Healthy mix of right and left footers too.

One thing, though, that Klopp is much better at doing this season is his use of substitutions and change of tactics.

Yes, but Klopp’s got much better options off the bench now. Easily the best he’s had since being here

The whole right side is up for grabs today.

I think I’d like to see Bradley RB, Elliot RCM and Diaz RW. Healthy mix of right and left footers too.

My only worry about that is Diaz seems very eager to take on and try and get to goal himself. At least mo tries a 1-2 every now and then.

My only worry about that is Diaz seems very eager to take on and try and get to goal himself. At least mo tries a 1-2 every now and then.

It was only two league games ago that Diaz did that back heel assist to Jota when he could have tried to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom