• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Babel open to Ajax loan move

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate threads that are created knowing full well it's going to be a slagging free for all.
let's all slag off babel. YAY!!

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=35604.msg937329#msg937329 date=1251894873]
Not a lot I would disagree with Stevie. Kalou has looked a far more accomplished player though

regards
[/quote]

but Kalou has started 40 odd more games in pretty much the same space of time.

Babel's onl;y started just over 20 games in the EPL.

Kalou, with 1 season more has started 60 odd.

It could be argued that the reason Kalou is more accomplished is that he's had more starting opportunities in a good side.

Of course, it could also be argued that we've not seen many rap song releases from Kalou and he might be a little more focused on playing football than young Ryan.

This notion that his rapping is more important that his football should be considered bollocks until proven otherwise.

There's no way Rafa would tolerate it.

There's plenty of other sticks to bash Babel with anyway.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35604.msg937340#msg937340 date=1251895460]
This notion that his rapping is more important that his football should be considered bollocks until proven otherwise.

[/quote]

Babel's career at Anfield is the proof. I don't think he's focused on suceeding. I don't think he ever has.

I think he's released as many rap songs as he's scored League goals while at Liverpool.

I also think Benitez has asked him time and time again to focus, to no avail.

I tip my hat to the lad, I really do. There aren't many players who could make me go from "He's a bit lazy but he certainly has talent, here's hoping he steps it up this year" to "Get me a bat and let me at the lazy fuck, I'm gonna break his jaw and legs" in 6 months. Seriously, he becomes even more infuriating as each day passes. He seems to be trying to wind certain people up now.

Kuyt got slagged off early into last season but made up by brilliantly performing. Hoping Babel does the same. Soon.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35604.msg937328#msg937328 date=1251894822]
He's going to get better this season.
[/quote]

It would be difficult not to.

Fuck it, his attitude looks like it stinks and comments like that do not help at all do they. He needs a 100% improvement to justify any sort of inclusion in the team IMO.

I have given up hope with him a long time ago tbh but we actually need the fucker so... positive improvement vibes!!

[quote author=reuque link=topic=35604.msg937406#msg937406 date=1251897527]
Kuyt got slagged off early into last season but made up by brilliantly performing. Hoping Babel does the same. Soon.
[/quote]

Kuyt never stoped trying. Not once while he has been here.

It is no surprise when he does succeed.

Can you say the same about Babel?

I've given up on the thick fucker a while back.

A loan move might be the best thing for him. I think he needs a good run of games this season. He may improve greatly under a manager who will feed his ego and build his confidence. He'd be a star player at Ajax under a good manager. Unfortunately we need him as cover.

He has the ability to come good. It has to be difficult to be in and out of the team as he has been for almost his entire career. Especially as when he comes into the team there's huge pressure to perform right away. Players respond differently to perceived adversity. Some, eg. Xabi, fight to prove the doubters wrong and perform, some fade away under the pressure. Xabi had the assistance of consistent first team selection, I hope Babel gets a similar opportunity at some stage this season.

I have a memory of him getting a run of 10-plus games one season and playing pretty well, or was that a dream?

[quote author=rage link=topic=35604.msg937226#msg937226 date=1251887860]
what a really poor panic buy this proved to be.

he'll end up being sold for an undisclosed fee and a packet of sweets after spending the next 2 years on loan - if we're lucky.
[/quote]

TBH I think you are probsbly right. Not one of Rafas greatest hits is Ryan. >🙁

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=35604.msg937351#msg937351 date=1251895800]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35604.msg937340#msg937340 date=1251895460]

[/quote]

Babel's career at Anfield is the proof.  I don't think he's focused on succeeding.  I don't think he ever has.

I think he's released as many rap songs as he's scored League goals while at Liverpool.

I also think Benitez has asked him time and time again to focus, to no avail.
[/quote]

Oh come on, you know it's not proof.

I'm sure lots of our players have had golf handicaps of less then 10 and it's never mentioned as a factor.

It's just a lazy attack at an under-performing player.

The worst thing about Ryan Babel's raps is that they're all about what a superstar footballer he is.

Babel unlike Lucas has proven over the course of a season that he's more than capable of being a squad player for this team - I don't understand all the abuse he gets. I think Rafa and the coaching staff are as much to blame for his fall from grace as Babel is himself.

Since then, due to whatever he's not had a chance and on the odd occasion he has, he hasn't exactly overwhelmed anyone.

Given, the fact that we are lightweight in the forwards department, I'd like to see Babel get a fair crack at playing football this season.

What's the point in sending him out on loan? he has clearly got some talent and if he score's a few and throws in the odd decent performance we could actually recoup a decent amount for him, as opposed to the peanuts we'll get from Ajax at the end of the loan period.

I do agree with that HC - We shouldn't send him off mid-season, as we've got bugger all cover if we pick up an injury or two in the wrong position.

Kind of my position on Veronin too, actually.

I am not a fan of Babel. Although I do think he is a talented player, his moaning and his lack of effort annoys me.

However, no way should we send him out on loan. If Ryan Babel is so keen to play in the World Cup then maybe he will have to just put some effort in for us for a change. We have a small squad so he's bound to get his chance.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=35604.msg937254#msg937254 date=1251889723]
[flash=350,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/YXksm50NhmI&hl=en&fs=1&" type=[/flash]

😱 😱 😱
[/quote]

hahahhaha

how awful is it ? Put it this way yeah...if I was lying on a beach yeah, sipping margharitas with my senoritas....basking under The Lying Rag....all peaceful and all that yeah...the only thing that would make me wanna smash my fist through someone's face is after watching those two idiots rap. And I'd love to start on them two first.....yeah...

Peace out,
Niggaz Against Society

[quote author=Mors link=topic=35604.msg937175#msg937175 date=1251884437]
I wonder if things would have been different if when he first came, Rafa had given him a run of say 10 in a position or his favourite position and persisted with him even when he was shit like he did Kuyt? I wonder if he'd have fulfilled this 'potential'? Granted he's never had the same work ethic as Kuyt, but they've been utter shit at times.

It's too late now though.
[/quote]

So you've gone from telling him to fuck off to blaming Rafa in the space of a page. Brilliant.

:🙂

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=35604.msg937520#msg937520 date=1251905660]
[quote author=Roopy link=topic=35604.msg937254#msg937254 date=1251889723]
[flash=350,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/YXksm50NhmI&hl=en&fs=1&" type=[/flash]

😱 😱 😱
[/quote]

hahahhaha

how awful is it ? Put it this way yeah...if I was lying on a beach yeah, sipping margharitas with my senoritas....basking under The Lying Rag....all peaceful and all that yeah...the only thing that would make me wanna smash my fist through someone's face is after watching those two idiots rap. And I'd love to start on them two first.....yeah...

Peace out,
Niggaz Against Society
[/quote]

Babel is just a fucking retard! i liked him, i had high hopes for him but when he plays he is half arsed and shit! he wants a loan move so he can get in the holland squad, how about you fucking perform for liverpool and not give a fuck about the world cup yet. His rap just made me hate him even more, he sounded like a douchebag and an idiot. exactly what he is. Swap deal for suarez and id be fucking delighted!

Babel is a prick. He's shown no guts or desire to play for us. He just mopes around looking after number one.

The lad will never play with his heart on his sleeve. Neither for us nor anyone.

Its all very well moaning that he doesnt get a chance or a run of games. However, he has to fucking earn it. I'm willing to bet he's not first in at training or last to leave.

There is no point in sending him out on loan though. We need all the bodies in the squad that we can get at the moment.

[quote author=Red Barbarian link=topic=35604.msg937425#msg937425 date=1251898773]
A loan move might be the best thing for him. I think he needs a good run of games this season. He may improve greatly under a manager who will feed his ego and build his confidence. He'd be a star player at Ajax under a good manager. Unfortunately we need him as cover.

He has the ability to come good. It has to be difficult to be in and out of the team as he has been for almost his entire career. Especially as when he comes into the team there's huge pressure to perform right away. Players respond differently to perceived adversity. Some, eg. Xabi, fight to prove the doubters wrong and perform, some fade away under the pressure. Xabi had the assistance of consistent first team selection, I hope Babel gets a similar opportunity at some stage this season.

I have a memory of him getting a run of 10-plus games one season and playing pretty well, or was that a dream?
[/quote]

I'm not sure he has what it takes to make it with us either mentally or ability wise.

I didn't see a lot of him when he was younger but the impression I have is he stood out because of his pace power while growing up.

Now that he's grown up and in a league full of pace and power he needs to rely on other parts of his game, which simply aren't there.

As others have said he's not a clever footballer by any stretch.

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=35604.msg937337#msg937337 date=1251895209]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=35604.msg937329#msg937329 date=1251894873]
Not a lot I would disagree with Stevie. Kalou has looked a far more accomplished player though

regards
[/quote]

but Kalou has started 40 odd more games in pretty much the same space of time.

Babel's onl;y started just over 20 games in the EPL.

Kalou, with 1 season more has started 60 odd.

It could be argued that the reason Kalou is more accomplished is that he's had more starting opportunities in a good side.

Of course, it could also be argued that we've not seen many rap song releases from Kalou and he might be a little more focused on playing football than young Ryan.
[/quote]

Where you get the stats on 'starts'?

Ryan Babel
Birthdate: 19.12.1986
Birthplace: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Other clubs: Ajax
Bought from: Ajax
Signed for LFC: £11500000 13.07.2007
International debut: 26.03.2005 v. Romania
International caps: 34/5 (20/1 at LFC) - 12.08.2009
Liverpool debut: 11.08.2007
Last appearance: 24.08.2009
Debut goal: 01.09.2007
Last goal: 09.05.2009
Contract expiry: 2012
LFC league games/goals: 59 / 7
Total LFC games/goals: 93 / 14

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35604.msg937645#msg937645 date=1251921057]
[quote author=Red Barbarian link=topic=35604.msg937425#msg937425 date=1251898773]

[/quote]

I'm not sure he has what it takes to make it with us either mentally or ability wise.

I didn't see a lot of him when he was younger but the impression I have is he stood out because of his pace power while growing up.

Now that he's grown up and in a league full of pace and power he needs to rely on other parts of his game, which simply aren't there.

As others have said he's not a clever footballer by any stretch.
[/quote]

I think you're right about his mental strength and I fear that may mean we never see the best of his ability. I'd almost like to see him get a run of games this season just to let me put a final nail in the coffin. I don't think it will happen though as long as Riera offers stability and consistency on the left.

Babel will most likely be limited to runouts up front against tiring opposition. Will that be enough for him to prove himself? I doubt it.

The way all the news articles say about him, he is gone! The end.

edit:
Unless he can prove to be undroppable over the next few months like Xabi was last year, nobody will miss him. And we will lose tons of quids.

Well January is a while to go yet. Unless Babel puts his head together and play to his potential, anything can happen and with a right fee, he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom