• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Babel open to Ajax loan move

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=35604.msg937819#msg937819 date=1251963680]
The club should fine him.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=35604.msg937611#msg937611 date=1251917996]
[quote author=Mors link=topic=35604.msg937175#msg937175 date=1251884437]
I wonder if things would have been different if when he first came, Rafa had given him a run of say 10 in a position or his favourite position and persisted with him even when he was shit like he did Kuyt? I wonder if he'd have fulfilled this 'potential'? Granted he's never had the same work ethic as Kuyt, but they've been utter shit at times.

It's too late now though.
[/quote]

So you've gone from telling him to fuck off to blaming Rafa in the space of a page. Brilliant.

:🙂
[/quote]

Fucking hell, the RCDNW rears it's ugly head.

The blame in my books is squarely at the rapper's feet, but I was theorising if things may have been different if Rafa had taken a different approach which the player shouldn't really require as he's a professional, he should take the opportunities given to him and he doesn't.

You are desperate to find any single way to misinterpret a post to swing it to sound like everyone is having a pop at your sex-idol. As I've said on many many occasions, Rafa is an excellent manager and I'm glad he's here, but he does make the occasional mistake as all managers do, and he shouldn't be exempt from people commenting on it just because you fancy the bloke.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=35604.msg937834#msg937834 date=1251965618]
[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=35604.msg937611#msg937611 date=1251917996]
[quote author=Mors link=topic=35604.msg937175#msg937175 date=1251884437]
I wonder if things would have been different if when he first came, Rafa had given him a run of say 10 in a position or his favourite position and persisted with him even when he was shit like he did Kuyt? I wonder if he'd have fulfilled this 'potential'? Granted he's never had the same work ethic as Kuyt, but they've been utter shit at times.

It's too late now though.
[/quote]

So you've gone from telling him to fuck off to blaming Rafa in the space of a page. Brilliant.

:🙂
[/quote]

Fucking hell, the RCDNW rears it's ugly head.

The blame in my books is squarely at the rapper's feet, but I was theorising if things may have been different if Rafa had taken a different approach which the player shouldn't really require as he's a professional, he should take the opportunities given to him and he doesn't.

You are desperate to find any single way to misinterpret a post to swing it to sound like everyone is having a pop at your sex-idol. As I've said on many many occasions, Rafa is an excellent manager and I'm glad he's here, but he does make the occasional mistake as all managers do, and he shouldn't be exempt from people commenting on it just because you fancy the bloke.
[/quote]

Please get it into your (albeit thick) head that just because I challenge you on something it doesn't mean I'm RCDNW.

As for the rest of your post, I'm stunned - well actually I'm not. I'm used to plumbing new depths of idiocy. Still, long way until you plumb the depths that Rage has. At least you've got a goal to aim for. :🙂

Oh yeah lol at "your sex idol" comment. Did that sound funny in your head?

Don't know if this is the same article, but from todays local press:

'Broken' Ryan Babel wants to to leave Liverpool

RYAN BABEL will have some serious questions to answer when he returns to Anfield after accusing boss Rafa Benitez of breaking promises.

The Dutch international has also revealed he would be keen on quitting Liverpool and securing a loan move to his former club Ajax when the transfer window reopens in January.

Babel claims he was guaranteed he would enjoy more action for the Reds this season but he has once again found himself stuck on the sidelines.

The 22-year-old winger produced a woeful performance in the Reds’ opening weekend defeat at Tottenham and was an unused substitute against Stoke.

He made a brief appearance in the closing stages of the home defeat to Aston Villa but was left out of the squad for last Saturday’s 3-2 win at Bolton.

“There have been a lot of things promised but they haven’t been followed up,†Babel insisted.

“I would get to play for more minutes and have more chances, but after the first defeat, I only lost my place.â€

Babel, who is currently on international duty, believes he will have to move on in January in order to fulfil his dream of playing in next summer’s World Cup finals in South Africa.

“I think half a season at Ajax with a view to the World Cup wouldn’t be a bad idea,†he said. “I can add something to the Ajax squad.

“Loaning me out was not an option (in the summer). Now we have agreed to review the situation in January.

“I see the current situation as a signal that I really have to get playing.â€

Benitez will be fuming over Babel’s comments as he has showed remarkable patience with a player who has failed to live up to expectations since he arrived from Ajax for £11million two years ago.

Babel made only 13 starts last season but Benitez dismissed talk of offloading the Dutchman this summer.

He was handed a golden opportunity to stake a claim for a starting spot at White Hart Lane but failed to impress.

Babel is currently training with the Holland squad ahead of Saturday’s friendly against Japan and the World Cup qualifier away to Scotland next Wednesday.

He was originally omitted from the squad but was called up after PSV Eindhoven midfielder Ibrahim Afellay pulled out.

If you're not remotely enough for Liverpool (at present) you shouldn't be good enough for Holland.

They've got some fine attacking players.

I largely think people's opinion of Babel have gone overboard in recent weeks but I'm getting nearer to joining them. He's in no position to be moaning after those performances.

I think the best we can hope for is for him to have some sort of form for ajax and hopefully we'll recoup about 7 million for him.

Fellow Reds forward Kuyt understands his countryman's frustration, but he believes his international team-mate is prepared to fight for a place on Merseyside.

"He loves to play games for Liverpool and he will do everything in his power to come back," Kuyt told Sky Sports News.

"He is happy at Liverpool but every player wants to play and that is his only concern, before the World Cup, that he has to play games.

"I'm sure that he wants to play for Liverpool and that he wants to play in games as soon as possible.

"We have a big squad, with many players who can play in his position, so he has to work hard and I believe he is doing that at Liverpool and with the Dutch team."

[quote author=keniget link=topic=35604.msg938309#msg938309 date=1252014619]
Fellow Reds forward Kuyt understands his countryman's frustration, but he believes his international team-mate is prepared to fight for a place on Merseyside.

"He loves to play games for Liverpool and he will do everything in his power to come back," Kuyt told Sky Sports News.

"He is happy at Liverpool but every player wants to play and that is his only concern, before the World Cup, that he has to play games.

"I'm sure that he wants to play for Liverpool and that he wants to play in games as soon as possible.

"We have a big squad, with many players who can play in his position, so he has to work hard and I believe he is doing that at Liverpool and with the Dutch team."
[/quote]

The thing is, with his innate talent, if he showed half of Kuyt's application, he'd have the potential to be twice the player.

Would Fifa permit us to transplant Kuyt's brain into Babel's body?

Kuyt should tell him to shut the fuck up and follow his example of working his balls off and if things still dont work out, he can work his balls off even more until things do work out. As they did for Dirk lastseason.
Sulking and feeling sorry for urself will get Babel nowhere!

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=35604.msg937650#msg937650 date=1251921682]
[quote author=StevieM link=topic=35604.msg937337#msg937337 date=1251895209]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=35604.msg937329#msg937329 date=1251894873]
Not a lot I would disagree with Stevie. Kalou has looked a far more accomplished player though

regards
[/quote]

but Kalou has started 40 odd more games in pretty much the same space of time.

Babel's onl;y started just over 20 games in the EPL.

Kalou, with 1 season more has started 60 odd.

It could be argued that the reason Kalou is more accomplished is that he's had more starting opportunities in a good side.

Of course, it could also be argued that we've not seen many rap song releases from Kalou and he might be a little more focused on playing football than young Ryan.
[/quote]

Where you get the stats on 'starts'?

Ryan Babel
Birthdate: 19.12.1986
Birthplace: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Other clubs: Ajax
Bought from: Ajax
Signed for LFC: £11500000 13.07.2007
International debut: 26.03.2005 v. Romania
International caps: 34/5 (20/1 at LFC) - 12.08.2009
Liverpool debut: 11.08.2007
Last appearance: 24.08.2009
Debut goal: 01.09.2007
Last goal: 09.05.2009
Contract expiry: 2012
LFC league games/goals: 59 / 7
Total LFC games/goals: 93 / 14

[/quote]

Soccerbase.

of the 59 League games he's played in, 37 have been as a substitute.

Well there you have it Stevie ... If you cannot establish yourself on 11 starts a year, then you cannot play for Liverpool. Simple as really.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=35604.msg938400#msg938400 date=1252040919]
Well there you have it Stevie ... If you cannot establish yourself on 11 starts a year, then you cannot play for Liverpool. Simple as really.
[/quote]

Yeah, he definitely needs to start more games. By doing that, he'd transform from being fucking shite with the touch of a rapist elephant, into our saviour.

My. Ball. Bag. He. Would.

It's all hypothetical now anyway. Rafa has tried to stick by him as much as he possibly could , he won't be now

regards

[/quote]

Co,e on Wiz. There's a reason that he's started so few games, and it isn't because Benitez has treated him poorly.

We all know he plays better as an impact sub, because working his balles off and concentrating hard hard for upwards of 45 minutes just isn't his style.

Unlike Ryan, I think Babel has the talent... I just think he hasn't the mentality or desire to suceed at a top club.

It f**ks me off because I expected... and we needed... more from him.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat for anything over 8m and settle for the gaping hole left in the squad....

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=35604.msg938824#msg938824 date=1252090304]
[/quote]

Co,e on Wiz. There's a reason that he's started so few games, and it isn't because Benitez has treated him poorly.

We all know he plays better as an impact sub, because working his balles off and concentrating hard hard for upwards of 45 minutes just isn't his style.

Unlike Ryan, I think Babel has the talent... I just think he hasn't the mentality or desire to suceed at a top club.

It f**ks me off because I expected... and we needed... more from him.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat for anything over 8m and settle for the gaping hole left in the squad....
[/quote]

It's fair in some instances to say that he hasn't had a run, the problem being that that's not really a viable option at a big club, you at least have to show a willingness to work hard and show yourself even when things aren't going well.

The problem with Babel has always been his confidence letting him down, he'd come on, fuck up and that'd be it: game over. Much like Heskey, when he used to come on and his first touch would be a poor one, you know he'd have a shit game. It's psychological, though obviously he does lack game intelligence too and he lacks an 'arm around the shoulder' manager in Benitez.

At this level you have to really sieze opportunities when you're a young player. Maybe Rafa felt he had to justify himself more with Kuyt after fucking up so badly with Morientes, who knows? But when Babel has come into a game and made a big impact, he's often been rewarded with a start in the next match, only to allow inconsistency to rear it's ugly head.

It's tough and under different circumstances maybe another manager or club could have afforded to be more indullgent with him, but he's doing himself no favours here, it sounds like he's given up, which we always knew was on the cards.

If Babel is so concerned about making the World Cup squad then surely he can realise that he stands a better chance if he is playing well at a club like Liverpool which is hopefully challenging for the title and reaching the later stages of the Champions League, than just getting regular football elsewhere.

The reason he isnt playing isnt because his face doesnt fit. Its because every time he's given a chance, he does sod all.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35604.msg938100#msg938100 date=1251988210]
If you're not remotely enough for Liverpool (at present) you shouldn't be good enough for Holland.

They've got some fine attacking players.

I largely think people's opinion of Babel have gone overboard in recent weeks but I'm getting nearer to joining them. He's in no position to be moaning after those performances.
[/quote]

i agree squigs, and i put myself in the overreaction camp, but his attitude and often lack of effort spawns an irrational reaction in me. The best way i can think of rationalising the responese is, people who try and are not good enough are just plain not good enough and don't deserve any chastising. Those that have the talent but show no effort are lazy bastards and deserve all the criticism and chastising they get.

If you recall the U-20/21 competition where he made his name, he played up front with another fella called Rigter, I think. They both looked pretty decent, had similar records at the time.
Rigter signed for Blackburn for about £500k has since been released and can't get another club (last I heard). We paid £11M for Babel.

I take your point, Larry, and we did overspend on Babel but it's worth noting that Babel is still on the fringes of a very impressive national team so I think it's a harsh comparison. Babel will never suffer the same mate as his former colleague.

I still think he can make it with us, the question is: does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom