• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anfield Exercise

View: https://x.com/LFC/status/1848383743536541923?t=lrCqKK68eV5Zyl6MXl9faQ&s=19

I've never been to a match, but for those of you who do, the club is asking for feedback. Atmosphere has not been good recently I gather

They’ve started opening ballots to members with L post codes.

My gripe is the state of the website. I can go in via my profile, click tickets/ballots and it’ll say nothing is available to me. If I go in via the homepage and select tickets I can enter the ballots.

I think one small tweak would help the greater masses get access to tickets - allow one forward of a ticket only, then its manadatory to put on the exchange.

As a very occasional match attendee now I realise I'm being a bit hypocritical but really there are too many tourists and not enough fans

I've never been to a match, but for those of you who do, the club is asking for feedback. Atmosphere has not been good recently I gather
I don't know but trying to play dominating football might help. Especially given the history and tradition of the LFC. Along with recent expectations. Dominating football and then to actually dominate the games too. From the little I know Liverpool is all about that.

Thing is I've had a season ticket for forty years and I mostly don't go as I mostly give it away to someone who really wants to. They will definitely be making more noise than I would. I'd be sat there moaning about the price of audi steering columns to my mate while a pair of so called tourists would be having the time of their life. Don't think it's a simple one to solve but if I was in charge I'd take all season tickets off everyone over age 30. And I'd breathalyse you on the way in and if your aren't three times over the drink drive limit then sorry you're going home. That's what makes an atmosphere.

The solution is to increase the capacity to 150,000, drop the ticket price for locals and give them “active support” areas and encourage noise making / make it cheap for younger fans to go.

Add additional corporate for all the monies!!!

Make more tickets available for visiting fans but through in “incentives” to spend more in the store and make it the “event” it is for these fans.

We’re not fucking City… if they make it “affordable” we’d pack out a 150k stadium every week.

We currently make about 80 million in match day revenue. Not insignificant. I don't mind all the hospitality etc, it's what buys you a good squad. But I don't think you can blame 'tourists' for a bad atmos.

You know what gets you a good atmos? Beating Barcelona 4-0. You're not going to get a good atmos every week playing the Southampton or Brentford on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure we ever did. It's nostalgic bullshit.

I suppose I'm a tourist fan, I've not been for 15+ years.
I went to the Brentford game, first home game of the season after finally managing to grab a ticket and paying nearly £100 each for three tickets.

The people around us looked like they go regularly. They caught up with each other, had a chat. Shouted at the ref, got involved in a few songs, one of the guys, big lad, stood with his back to the pitch for a few minutes and then left a few minutes before half time to grab a drink.

To get this straight I'm not blaming the club. The match going experience is so much better now than ever before. You used to have to queue for hours, now it's five minutes and you're in. There are local shops selling four packs of booze for four quid, you can sit in a little park opposite the kop and get nailed if you like, but that's not the issue. Back in the 70s the dockers finished work at midday on Saturday and would walk to the ground, half an hour up the hill, most of them would go to goodison half as much as as Anfield. Kenny Dalglish got paid 70k for the whole year in 86 when we won the double and he was player manager. I dunno where I'm going with this but times change. I used to be ten years old and hitchhike to Luton or Watford or some other bumfuck town to watch a match. None of this shit will or ever should happen again. Like I say it's just nostalgia.

The atmosphere around grounds hasn’t been the same for the last decade.

From my personal experience it’s nothing to do with what type of fan/supporter/follower label them what you want goes to games. I’d be surprised if more than 5% of Anfield were filled with tourists on match days.

People are seeing football for what it’s become and they’ve lost the love they used to have, the landscape has tilted on its head, it’s a direct impact of what the hierarchies and federations have allowed. Voted for this and that, fans never get a say, they don’t want it. Fuck off. Bring back the purpose and meaning into the game, then you’ll have better atmospheres like Italy or France and less like Japan or China.🇨

I don't think you're correct. Half of European grounds are empty every weekend. The premier league has an average 98.8% sales rate. If people aren't jumping up and down maybe they just don't want to jump up and down.

I responded yesterday. I stressed that rewarding loyalty was good, but they should consider rewarding historic loyalty as well as current - in particular for season ticket holders who gave it up when they moved to Ireland and now struggle to get tickets.

Do you think they will take that on board? 🙂

PS - I so regret giving that up, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thing is I've had a season ticket for forty years and I mostly don't go as I mostly give it away to someone who really wants to. They will definitely be making more noise than I would. I'd be sat there moaning about the price of audi steering columns to my mate while a pair of so called tourists would be having the time of their life. Don't think it's a simple one to solve but if I was in charge I'd take all season tickets off everyone over age 30. And I'd breathalyse you on the way in and if your aren't three times over the drink drive limit then sorry you're going home. That's what makes an atmosphere.
I do think oot sing more and than the locals from the limited number of times I’ve gone.

I also agree age surely plays a significant part in it too.

Over 40 and there isn’t much singing.

Anfield can be pretty good once songs get going - but there is probably a huge swathe of people that get nervous being a 'starter'. One great change would be rail seating in an area designated to a big fan group e.g. are there 2k people from Spirit Of Shanks who would be that sort of zone.

Like Crumpy says - would be best if it were kids aged 18 - 22 or something, boozed up and just having a great time.

Two things... That closing line is one of the funniest things I've read in years - Thanks for the early morning lols. And I'm coming home to spend some time with my aging old man in Jan & Feb next year... Can we best besties, please? 😉

Maybe the 3 stands other than the Kop could try singing now and again. The Kop is now the smallest stand in the ground but generates pretty much all the atmosphere and starts nearly all the songs and chants. Back in the day the Anfield road end would sing but it never happens now and the other two stands don't bother either. They might join in if the Kop starts something but never ever start a song as their full of day trippers and corporate cunts.

I moved from the Kop to the Kemlyn in 89/90 and retired from singing at the same time; which was a blessing for all those sat close to me, to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom