• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alberto Aquilani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

6CM Addict
Honorary Member
Our key summer signing.

alberto-aquilani.jpg

Born July 7th 1984 (a good cancerean) in Rome Italy.

He started his career at his boyhood club where he went on to play over a 100 games over the next 6 years.
He scored 4 goals in 40 games on loan at Triestina in 2003/04.
He has represented (and captained) Italy at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 scoring 6 goals along the way.
He also has 12 senior caps and 2 goals for the Azzuri.

This is his Girlfriend -

michela_quattrociocche_8.jpg

He has signed for us for an initial £5m rising to £20m based on appearances and performances over the length of his conract.

Alberto-Aquilani-001.jpg

I am (as i think most know) a Roma fan second only to Liverpool and an Italy fan second only to England. And i have watched him from a boy and been literally carping on about him for years on here. I cant begin to explain how delighted i am to have him here, and how much i think his forward play will move our game as a whole forward.
I know theres a lot of sceptics, bourne out of two main reasons
1.Everyone loved Xabi
2.He has been injured a lot.
And i understand the fear. But if he gets fit, the first point will be forgotten in no time. He is a potential superstar, and i believe playing here will be brilliant for him to step up, and ultimately brilliant for us. I cant wait to see him play for us, i really am so excited as the day gets closer and closer.
I've seen him play maybe 30 or 40 times and he's always offered something. He can dribble and sees a the through ball really well, he has a great shot and will position himself somewhere between the edge of the centre circle and the D of the box and i think he can be effective providing for Gerrard and Torres in that position. He can also play more withdrawn although thats not his game really. So he could play in a 4-4-2.

I hope he makes you all as happy in the long term as i am that we have him at our club.

I've made him a song for you Andy, To the tune of Lady Gaga, Paparazzi.

I'm your biggest fan,
And when your finally fit,
I'll love you,
Aqua, Aqualini.

Cheers for sharing with us, can't wait to see him play myself.

*waits on rages post about him being injured all the time like no one else knows about his injury record*

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=35593.msg936770#msg936770 date=1251829260]
4th Oct.
[/quote]

Seems ages away doesn't it ?

Great post

Some of the doom mongering going on in the transfer thread is insane. Boohoohoo, so fucking what? We didn't get a shite freebee clogging up the wage bill for another 5 years. The less Degen's and Voronin's the better, IMO.

I've seen him on 10ish occasions 'cos I used to sometime stream Roma games ever since Riise went, and IMO Aquilani has the potential to more directly effective than Xabi ever did in terms of goals and assists. And when you've got a CM partner as defensive as Mascherano, it's arguable that you can't have many players who don't directly contribute. I know it sounds like I'm underselling Xabi, I'm not; he's an amazing player but I think the point I'm making is fair.

I also think we've paid a good fee for him too, especially in the market we were operating in.

When fit he's a £25M-30M+ player. We should be excited.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=35593.msg936771#msg936771 date=1251829279]
Phew Shiek is back.
[/quote]

Not for long. I'm off to play 5-a-side in a sec.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35593.msg936773#msg936773 date=1251829326]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=35593.msg936770#msg936770 date=1251829260]
4th Oct.
[/quote]

Seems ages away doesn't it ?
[/quote]Theres no games till the 12th so its not that far off.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35593.msg936774#msg936774 date=1251829337]
Great post

Some of the doom mongering going on in the transfer thread is insane. Boohoohoo, so fucking what? We didn't get a shite freebee clogging up the wage bill for another 5 years. The less Degen's and Voronin's the better, IMO.

I've seen him on 10ish occasions 'cos I used to sometime stream Roma games ever since Riise went, and IMO Aquilani has the potential to more directly effective than Xabi ever did in terms of goals and assists. And when you've got a CM partner as defensive as Mascherano, it's arguable that you can't have many players who don't directly contribute. I know it sounds like I'm underselling Xabi, I'm not; he's an amazing player but I think the point I'm making is fair.

I also think we've paid a good fee for him too, especially in the market we were operating in.

[/quote]If we'd got him and Johnson today the forum would be doing cartwheels. We've signed 2 x 20m(ish) players. We really should be excited.
I am in fact.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=35593.msg936786#msg936786 date=1251829707]
also most expensive import to the English league.

not many coming here nowadays

[/quote]

How?

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=35593.msg936775#msg936775 date=1251829341]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=35593.msg936771#msg936771 date=1251829279]
Phew Shiek is back.
[/quote]

Not for long. I'm off to play 5-a-side in a sec.
[/quote]

Enjoy that Sheik.

[/quote]Quite. In fact we have 2 of the top 4 signings this summer.
Aquilani
Zhirkov
Johnson
Valencia.
Fucking how good is that!

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35593.msg936790#msg936790 date=1251829834]

[/quote]Quite. In fact we have 2 of the top 4 signings this summer.
Aquilani
Zhirkov
Johnson
Valencia.
[/quote]

Adebayor was a key signing for city, and we haven't seen the aquaman play, so we have 1 in 4, which suddenly doesn't sound as appealing.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35593.msg936784#msg936784 date=1251829622]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35593.msg936774#msg936774 date=1251829337]
Great post

[/quote]If we'd got him and Johnson today the forum would be doing cartwheels. We've signed 2 x 20m(ish) players. We really should be excited.
I am in fact.
[/quote]

Probably, although right now I'm bloody thankful we've had Johnson when we did!

And to all those having another dig at the owners, fair enough, but if Rafa didn't fuck up last summer when he actually had good money to spend, we'd be in a much stronger position right now, and our lack of funds wouldn't be so much of a concern.

Excited about watching him play too. Hope his first game aint Chelsea away. Would prefer a nice home fixture to start bedding him in.

[quote author=irishred link=topic=35593.msg936792#msg936792 date=1251829906]
While we're on the topic about Roma, Ranieri has moved there from Juve.
[/quote]

Odd. He was building a good side with Juve. Melo and Diego were great signings.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=35593.msg936795#msg936795 date=1251829985]
Excited about watching him play too. Hope his first game aint Chelsea away. Would prefer a nice home fixture to start bedding him in.
[/quote]

Ah fuck it, let him go out and show the world what he's made off.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=35593.msg936797#msg936797 date=1251830055]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just checked, he was sacked and replaced by Ciro Ferrara at Juve when Inter were confirmed Champions. Kinda makes sense now.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35593.msg936790#msg936790 date=1251829834]
In fact we have 2 of the top 4 signings this summer.
Aquilani
Zhirkov
Johnson
Valencia.
[/quote]

Apart from Tevez (25.5 mil), Lescott (£24 mil), Adebayor (£25 mil), and the real Madrid spree. 😉

The press in this country have tricked you into believing the sky is falling. Theyve doom mongered so much that the fans believe we havnt bought anyone or strengthened in anyway. We did some business as quick as (Johnson) and got a top class player in, then when a top class player decided to leave we immediately got in a top class replacement.
Since that day the press have done their best to forget that and make us believe weve signed no one and lost the best player in the world.
We're short up front but we only play 1 so with Torres and Kuyt we have the same options as say Chelsea who play 2 up front. But not a mention of that, its all 'Liverpool have no options'.
United have sold their best player and bought fuck all. Arsenal have sold their top scorer of the last 3 years. But no real mention.
Dont let em fool you. Weve signed 2 fine players to add to torres, gerrard, reina, mascherano, kuyt, agger etc.
Its going to be great. Fuck the press. Were in cracking shape.

[quote author=irishred link=topic=35593.msg936802#msg936802 date=1251830305]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=35593.msg936797#msg936797 date=1251830055]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just checked, he was sacked and replaced by Ciro Ferrara at Juve when Inter were confirmed Champions. Kinda makes sense now.
[/quote]

Wait I knew that.

It was even spoken about on this site. Ah Ranieri was never going to carry Juve to the top.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=35593.msg936806#msg936806 date=1251830444]
The press in this country have tricked you into believing the sky is falling. Theyve doom mongered so much that the fans believe we havnt bought anyone or strengthened in anyway. We did some business as quick as (Johnson) and got a top class player in, then when a top class player decided to leave we immediately got in a top class replacement.
Since that day the press have done their best to forget that and make us believe weve signed no one and lost the best player in the world.
We're short up front but we only play 1 so with Torres and Kuyt we have the same options as say Chelsea who play 2 up front. But not a mention of that, its all 'Liverpool have no options'.
United have sold their best player and bought fuck all. Arsenal have sold their top scorer of the last 3 years. But no real mention.
Dont let em fool you. Weve signed 2 fine players to add to torres, gerrard, reina, mascherano, kuyt, agger etc.
Its going to be great. Fuck the press. Were in cracking shape.
[/quote]

*Feels better.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom