• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A case of player being bigger than club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reuque

Well-Known
Real Madrid & Adidas Unhappy With Cristiano Ronaldo's Nike Connection - Report
With money being all-important at Real Madrid at the moment, brand names are making headlines...

13-Jul-2009 4:20:21 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid (MARCA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid (MARCA)
Related Links
Teams

* Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo has caused friction between himself and the Real Madrid hierarchy with his tenacious promotion of Nike, and has no thoughts of changing to Adidas.

Los Merengues' kit providers are Adidas and they were reported to be wholly unhappy when the Portuguese star turned up for his well-publicised medical at the club wearing their rivals' brand.

Having been one of Nike's key players for many years, Ronaldo agreed to step up a level by wearing a white t-shirt with the company's famous tick in orange as he checked in for his medical exam.

Adidas may recognise that it would cost millions to convert the world's most expensive player to promote their brand, but are not pleased at what appears to be a considered campaign by Nike to have him promote their name so blatantly.

In pre-season training Ronaldo has donned garish red boots that are also in stark contrast to Madrid's training colours of white and navy blue.

Kaka and Karim Benzema are with Adidas, but the fact that Ronaldo is not could end up costing the Spanish millions if the player continues to promote the American firm widely.

Madrid president Florentino Perez has been reported to want to renegotiate the club's deal with Adidas and was even said to be ready to turn to Nike if his demands were not met.

This is ridiculous, and I really can't believe that Perez would do such a thing.

What a childish load of bullshit.

I don't think Ronaldo's done anything particularly wrong.

Adidas need to suck it up, because their indignation is only promoting Nike even further.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=34697.msg905073#msg905073 date=1247499975]
The proper ronaldo was nike too
[/quote]

Aye so was Bobby Carlos and Figo.

My Sunday League team here in Australia is sponsored by BP.

I dare not think about the consequences if they found out I filled my car up at Shell 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom