• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arm band thing does feel like trolling at this point
It sure is, it's just there to annoy the Qataris and FIFA.
How about an armband to support all the dead migrant workers, hell....why not donate the money spent to make those armbands to families of those dead migrant workers.

I'll go even further, stop doing business with Qatar.

Might be an unpopular opinion but, why are we going to another country and asking them to change their customs in order to suit us?

Didnt Infantino say that everyone is welcome during the World cup? Doesnt that mean that they have agreed not to uphold their laws from the 17th century while the WC is being held?

VVD statement on it was interesting. I'm just a footballer I just wana play in these tournaments. Would have played with the armband if he could, didn't really want to jeopardise that by wearing an armband.
Same from Ian Wright earlier, either wear it or don't. None of this ooh we're gonna sue you and continue to complain about it.

Really is virtue signaling at this point. Same with Lineker. Didn't feel a need to protest Russia at the time, felt Britain was corrupt and we needed to get our own house in order but now feels he has a duty to mention it.

Germany posing for a team photo with their hands over their mouths.

And also warmed up in training tops with rainbow theme stripes.

Time to see if FIFA actually have balls of steel or are little fucking rodents.

It sure is, it's just there to annoy the Qataris and FIFA.
How about an armband to support all the dead migrant workers, hell....why not donate the money spent to make those armbands to families of those dead migrant workers.

I'll go even further, stop doing business with Qatar.

Stop doing business would ultimately be the only way to show this but UK just recently signed 10bn oil deal just like rest of Europe since the Russia Ukraine. It doesn’t we still can’t be hypocrits.

Didnt Infantino say that everyone is welcome during the World cup? Doesnt that mean that they have agreed not to uphold their laws from the 17th century while the WC is being held?
Last I saw, Infantino wasn't the ruler of Qatar. He has no say of goes and what doesn't.

Might be an unpopular opinion but, why are we going to another country and asking them to change their customs in order to suit us?

Because apparently (in other words not really) the world cup is brought to the region to be a 'vehicle for change'. If Qatar want to keep being homophobic, misogynistic etc. I guess that's their business but that's supposed to be at odds with FIFA's "beliefs". Obviously the answer is don't give them the World Cup in the first place but for a long time FIFA had the power. World Cup has been moved before. It should be a case if you want the World Cup then it's on FIFA's terms (you know the same FIFA who promote fair play, getting discrimination out of football etc.)

It's a meaningless gesture because if English wasn't homophobic, why are there no openly gay footballers in the Premier League?

Just having Naby Keita come out the closet would mean the world to the Gay community but No. Instead you go to a host country, and wear armbands to piss them off even no gay Qatari person has been jailed or mistreated for decades.

Everyone is welcome but do you have to break their laws while you're there?

Because apparently (in other words not really) the world cup is brought to the region to be a 'vehicle for change'. If Qatar want to keep being homophobic, misogynistic etc. I guess that's their business but that's supposed to be at odds with FIFA's "beliefs". Obviously the answer is don't give them the World Cup in the first place but for a long time FIFA had the power. World Cup has been moved before. It should be a case if you want the World Cup then it's on FIFA's terms (you know the same FIFA who promote fair play, getting discrimination out of football etc.)

Well, then we're back to square one, why did FIFA give them the competition?
Also, why doesn't all the federations in Europe just leave FIFA and start their own thing?

My point is, if you really want to do something then go all fucking out and skip the virtue signalling. I mean it's not that difficult.

You must be a great agent for change. Led any crusades lately? Plenty of heathens out there to covert

Well, then we're back to square one, why did FIFA give them the competition?
Also, why doesn't all the federations in Europe just leave FIFA and start their own thing?

My point is, if you really want to do something then go all fucking out and skip the virtue signalling. I mean it's not that difficult.

This is where I’m at, has a single football association / team / player / broadcaster / sponsor rocked the boat in any meaningful way? Might have mattered a few years ago, now it’s just talk and armbands after the fact. Shouldn’t have been awarded to Qatar (or Russia) and shouldn’t have been allowed to take place.

On a separate note, why the fk isn't Minamino playing? Japan has wasted about 20 shots. Their strikers are absolute shit

Japan have come a long way since the 2002 WC. They're a well organised team and unlike previous WCs, press with a purpose, maturity and confidence.

I'm actually gonna support them as my underdog team.

Last I saw, Infantino wasn't the ruler of Qatar. He has no say of goes and what doesn't.

Last I saw he confirmed in his presser that he had gotten those assurances. When confirming that then wearing those captain armbands shouldnt be an issue.

It's a meaningless gesture because if English wasn't homophobic, why are there no openly gay footballers in the Premier League?

Just having Naby Keita come out the closet would mean the world to the Gay community but No. Instead you go to a host country, and wear armbands to piss them off even no gay Qatari person has been jailed or mistreated for decades.
No they put them to conversion therapy instead.

Everyone is welcome but do you have to break their laws while you're there?

Is this breaking any laws?

It’s purpose, to send a message of support to the LGBT+ community and a reminder to controversial hosts Qatar that inclusivity and human rights are fundamental in a modern society.

Cant believe we're actually discussing if this is okay or not.

Is this breaking any laws?

It’s purpose, to send a message of support to the LGBT+ community and a reminder to controversial hosts Qatar that inclusivity and human rights are fundamental in a modern society.

Cant believe we're actually discussing if this is okay or not.

Well, obviously your mentality is that your can do whatever the fuck you want regardless of where you are, or whose country you are in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom