• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Virgil has been reading SCM and is fighting back against IrishAnfield's attack on him !

Netherlands captain Virgil van Dijk has hit back at criticism accusing European teams at the World Cup of having no "backbone" after they decided against wearing the OneLove armband. The captains of seven countries, including England and Wales, planned to wear the armband during matches to promote diversity and inclusion.
But the plans were dropped because of Fifa's threat of players being booked. The captains are instead wearing Fifa-approved 'No Discrimination' armbands.

"I play in a position where a yellow card is not useful. I became a football player and I want to play these kind of tournaments," Van Dijk told Dutch broadcaster NOS.
Speaking after the Netherlands' 2-0 win over Senegal on Monday, the Liverpool centre-back said: "There are people who say we don't have a backbone, but that's not how it works. "We just want to play football. I would have loved to play with that band, but not at the expense of a yellow card."

Struggling to find any interest for this tournament still. Has the feel of a couple of random friendlies
Well other than the obvious, how is it any different to any other World Cup or major sporting event?

Konate appaz starting for France later today.
No surprise.

Kimpbembe out. Varane and Kounde lacking match fitness leading up to the game.

& Pavard is their only recognised RB so they can't shift him at CB and play anyone else there.

France have adopted to playing 3 atb recently so Konate Upamecano and Saliba the likely trio.

Argentina looking a bit average.

Wish they'd have picked a couple of the younger guys.

Yeah - they look distinctly old, flat-footed and bereft of idea against some reasonable pressing and an extremely high line. The Saudi’s look like they could play all week with actuality threatening to score.

Also - VAR Is fucked.

I went to bed before the 2nd half started…

Did the Saudis just score!!!

The Saudis are gonna kick the shit out of the Argentina players and dive all over the place for the rest of the game, and get away with it.

Fernandez, Martinez and Alvarez coming on. They need more youth and pace in the team.
Will be interesting to see Fernandez.

Had a feeling this would happen after the million offside goals were disallowed in the first half

The guy that nearly died with cramp just ran around like crazy at full speed. Fucking laughable cunts.

Argentina really need to rethink the team before the next two games. Di Maria, De Paul and Otamendi shouldnt be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom