• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson motm, the minamino sub was poor, the game was probably the quickest and most technical we'd played this season. It needed an outlet instead, someone less subtle like Origi
I agree it would have suited Origi more, and with Ox pretty ,fun absent and Salah not being his best.... a tough game.

i did feel sorry for Ox when Salah should have played him in just before he was subbed off however...

it is truly bizarre watching us at times this season, even when we are not at our best even up against a decent quality team pumped up away from home we still fucking win...

surreal and brilliant.

27 points to the finish line... 9 more wins out of 15 games left. March on reds. Forget about the chasing pack.​

We've been lucky in a number of games this season, this was definitely one of them. Not sure if it's a winning mentality that's making the difference, or its something else, but hopefully it continues for the next 9 games.

Yeah, players fluffing their lines in front of goal you can't really account for. Hopefully it keeps happening.

Robertson got rinsed pretty thoroughly today. Could do with a rest but our options are limited to say the least, esp with Milner out.

Ban stick should come out for anyone spouting that shit. A draw would have been fair. A loss wouldn't have been unjust.
No, no, we deserved it apparently! Wolves just had one or two chances and we were totally in control!

Wolves didn’t pepper us with chances at all and nobody has said we were totally in control.

How very odd.

We scored two they scored 1...

give a fuck...

we win.

Wow.

I just checked the table.

There are 27 points between us and Chelsea in 4th.

There are 23 points between Chelsea in 4th and Norwich who are bottom.

That is fucking MENTAL

Wolves didn’t pepper us with chances at all and nobody has said we were totally in control.

How very odd.

We scored two they scored 1...

give a fuck...

we win.

Honestly, I don't think people on this forum are capable of judging this team rationally. That game was a draw all over, Wolves really unsettled us and made us uncomfortable, but only made three decent chances, and most of their attacks and possession ended up being crosses that were cleared easily. On the flip side we scored two, and had three good chances, and I'm willing to bet our xG was higher too.

No one's saying we deserved to win despite what Brendan's saying, but acting like it's a crime against football that we've taken our chances in a very close game of football, is just odd.

We took our chances that's why we won, it's the oldest cliche in football, but it always rings true.

They had at least 3 they should have put away

Traore straight at Allison
Raul in Allison's face
Jota shooting wide.

But fuck it. 3 points. Move on.
No all you've done there is list their best chances. Or only three chances should I say. Now how about listing ours? We had more and better chances and even though Wolves had a period of domination on the ball we had a whole half.
I wouldn't begrudge Wolves a point but likewise based on the quality and number of chances it's churlish to say we didn't edge it

Why doesn’t someone just post the xG stats to show if we deserve to win or not? They’re the in thing at the moment.

Honestly, I don't think people on this forum are capable of judging this team rationally. That game was a draw all over, Wolves really unsettled us and made us uncomfortable, but only made three decent chances, and most of their attacks and possession ended up being crosses that were cleared easily. On the flip side we scored two, and had three good chances, and I'm willing to bet our xG was higher too.

No one's saying we deserved to win despite what Brendan's saying, but acting like it's a crime against football that we've taken our chances in a very close game of football, is just odd.

We took our chances that's why we won, it's the oldest cliche in football, but it always rings true.

far more eloquent than I can manage at 5pm let alone 5am....

im happy...

time to sleep

And the chances we had? People on here always get hysterical and forget this.
I never said that.. you said they only had a couple of chances all game. I offered up 3 clear cut chances that they had.

I wasn't talking about the chances we missed.

But hyperbole all you want and forget what you said..

I never said that.. you said they only had a couple of chances all game. I offered up 3 clear cut chances that they had.

I wasn't talking about the chances we missed.

But hyperbole all you want and forget what you said..

I said they had two or three chances, they had three lol. Here's the quote, please don't enter the Brendan school of just making things up.

Toughest game of the season, but let's not pretend Wolves dominated us here, they created maybe two or three clear cut chances, if Salah knew how to pass we'd have had five.

Robertson got rinsed pretty thoroughly today. Could do with a rest but our options are limited to say the least, esp with Milner out.

Is it really down to rest though? Every player is going to have that odd game where they face a real battle. Trent struggled today, it happens. Traore has murdered some great teams and players this season.

Is it really down to rest though? Every player is going to have that odd game where they face a real battle. Trent struggled today, it happens. Traore has murdered some great teams and players this season.

I think so, just because he's looked jaded for weeks now.

No, I just watched the game and watched the chances mate. Go look at the stats, they back me up. Wolves made us very uncomfortable, but they only had a couple of chances, and less chances than we did.

I'll quote your post and make it easy for you.. for fuck sake. You are entering DJ Syd territory of never being wrong.

Ok you originally said two or three chances in an earlier post which I missed and didn't quote.

Edit.. to clarify I missed you said two or three.. not your post

Anyways, Move on.

I'll quote your post and make it easy for you.. for fuck sake. You are entering DJ Syd territory of never being wrong.

Ok you originally said two or three chances in an earlier post which I missed and didn't quote.

Edit.. to clarify I missed you said two or three.. not your post

Anyways, Move on.
DJ Syd? LOL! @Mystic - Even if he wanted to be could never be that bad!

Losing the CL in 2018 and the league in 2019 has been the making of this side. Klopp has used that to create a team of animals that would throw their own mother under a bus for 3 points.

My biggest concern this season is how the photographer is going to fit Klopps goofy German grin and all the trophies we're going to win in to one picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom