• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm not sure why Minamino is being singled out. Half the team were fucking dreadful.

He got dropped in at the deep end, first proper league game and I thought he defended well and constantly showed for the ball.

Did he contribute loads? No. But he was still better than Ox.

Half the team?

Robertson and Chamberlain were dreadful. So was Minamino

They battered us for a good 30 minutes there.
I can remember 1 good chance first half and two second, one of which they scored from...

hard pushed to describe that as a battering, and we had more chances overall and of course scored two.... as the away side....

Were you asleep for the second half

Anyway, good win
No, I just watched the game and watched the chances mate. Go look at the stats, they back me up. Wolves made us very uncomfortable, but they only had a couple of chances, and less chances than we did.

They played very well, a draw was probably a fair result, but who gives a fuck about fair?

People on here acting like we were utterly dominated, we weren't, we had more possession and more chances, it was a very good game, and luckily we had the quality to win it.

I agree. Could have gone either way.

We took our chances, we have the better forwards.

That's about it.

Also, I'm not sure why Minamino is being singled out. Half the team were fucking dreadful.

He got dropped in at the deep end, first proper league game and I thought he defended well and constantly showed for the ball.

Did he contribute loads? No. But he was still better than Ox.

yeah Ox didn’t play well tonight, which is disappointing because I think he played well against Manure.... but then opinion is split on that too...

he needs time on the pitch tho eh...

Henderson motm, the minamino sub was poor, the game was probably the quickest and most technical we'd played this season. It needed an outlet instead, someone less subtle like Origi

10-10 shots, 3-6 on target. We did what we had to do to win.
Wolves deserved a draw in the end after their great 25 min spell in the 2nd half.

Its probably more on Klopp. His change to a 4-4-2 didnt work at all in the start of the 2nd half, but the 4-5-1 with Fabinho saw us gain control again.
Traore and Jimenez immense for Wolves.

I didn't think we were dominated. It was an even game, and although we didn't look as explosive as we can be, we did have our share of good chances.
They are a very good team, very organized and disciplined at the back, good midfield and the ever dangerous Traore up front.
They gave us a good match at Anfield last month.
On current four they certainly deserve a top 4 spot.
But we won and made one more significant step towards getting rid of those 30 year old ghosts.

No, I just watched the game and watched the chances mate. Go look at the stats, they back me up. Wolves made us very uncomfortable, but they only had a couple of chances, and less chances than we did.
They had at least 3 they should have put away

Traore straight at Allison
Raul in Allison's face
Jota shooting wide.

But fuck it. 3 points. Move on.

We've been lucky in a number of games this season, this was definitely one of them. Not sure if it's a winning mentality that's making the difference, or its something else, but hopefully it continues for the next 9 games.

Credit to Wolves, I don't think was so much us having a shit game as a team (which we've had a few of this season and won) as them having a good game and making us look poor

10-10 shots, 3-6 on target. We did what we had to do to win.
Wolves deserved a draw in the end after their great 25 min spell in the 2nd half.

Its probably more on Klopp. His change to a 4-4-2 didnt work at all in the start of the 2nd half, but the 4-5-1 with Fabinho saw us gain control again.
Traore and Jimenez immense for Wolves.

A few posters have been eulogising about Traore for a while now, but he showed everyone tonight what a player he is when he's on form. He totally murdered Robertson, set up the goal, and should have had two more assists.

Unplayable tonight and brilliant to watch. Well, horrible actually but you know what I mean. Jimenez was also impressive, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom