• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who's going to Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a final list of us going yet?

And anyone in touch with Spion? I think he's going but I don't have his number anymore

I need your inputs with a moral dilemma - I'll probably ignore them, but, hopefully, it will prove cathartic anyway.

Years ago (late 90s) I left Liverpool to live in Ireland, and (much to my later regret) passed on my Season Ticket to a friend. One thing I did do was to put in place a mechanism that gave me access to tickets for big matches (I won't go into details, but some will probably guess). So these days I get across to 1 or 2 Anfield matches a season with my boy (when I can beg tickets from friends), but I can always get at least 1 ticket for finals. So I have my ticket for Madrid.

Now I am seeing all the stories of loyal fans missing out in the ballot, including a load of my mates; people who have followed the team home & away all season in the league, and all home European games; people who have been to all (or nearly all) European away ties but who got their tickets on someone else's ST or fan card for various reasons; people who have had season tickets for 35 years etc etc.

This was less of a problem last year, as most of the troubles folks were having was in travel & accommodation - at least it seemed that way to me, but it may be the fact that all my mates who wanted to go were sorted for tickets coloured my impression.

It's wrong - I know it's wrong. Most of the blame is on UEFA for their allocation, but I have seen a lot of people saying the club distribution & prioritisation of what little they get is wrong - and I have to agree.

Then again I tell myself that I "did my time" in the 80s and 90s, including the dark days, and I specifically invested in my ticket access when I left, knowing regular match attendance would no longer be an option.

So, at the back of my mind is an irksome conscience telling me I should give up my ticket to someone more deserving. Now - before the clamour starts IF I do pass it on, it won't be on here, I'm afraid. I know there are many deserving causes here, but I have a list of about 15 "real" people - folks I know physically (not all in the biblical sense) rather than virtually - who are desperate, who come first.

So what does the combined wisdom of SCM think?

As I said I will probably ignore a lot of inputs; also I am going to Madrid anyway, so may not make my final decision until 15 minutes before kick off.

Spurs.... big game.... Nah.. give me the ticket.

Certainly takes the pressure off the ballot! Our kid can’t go now, so me and woland sorted. Hopefully nab a couple more in the ballot and then his lads are in as well. He deserves it more than me, we are getting a 5 day break for about £300 cos of him.

Camping in Spain with woland, what a time to be alive [emoji23]

This is fantastic news.

I need your inputs with a moral dilemma - I'll probably ignore them, but, hopefully, it will prove cathartic anyway.

Years ago (late 90s) I left Liverpool to live in Ireland, and (much to my later regret) passed on my Season Ticket to a friend. One thing I did do was to put in place a mechanism that gave me access to tickets for big matches (I won't go into details, but some will probably guess). So these days I get across to 1 or 2 Anfield matches a season with my boy (when I can beg tickets from friends), but I can always get at least 1 ticket for finals. So I have my ticket for Madrid.

Now I am seeing all the stories of loyal fans missing out in the ballot, including a load of my mates; people who have followed the team home & away all season in the league, and all home European games; people who have been to all (or nearly all) European away ties but who got their tickets on someone else's ST or fan card for various reasons; people who have had season tickets for 35 years etc etc.

This was less of a problem last year, as most of the troubles folks were having was in travel & accommodation - at least it seemed that way to me, but it may be the fact that all my mates who wanted to go were sorted for tickets coloured my impression.

It's wrong - I know it's wrong. Most of the blame is on UEFA for their allocation, but I have seen a lot of people saying the club distribution & prioritisation of what little they get is wrong - and I have to agree.

Then again I tell myself that I "did my time" in the 80s and 90s, including the dark days, and I specifically invested in my ticket access when I left, knowing regular match attendance would no longer be an option.

So, at the back of my mind is an irksome conscience telling me I should give up my ticket to someone more deserving. Now - before the clamour starts IF I do pass it on, it won't be on here, I'm afraid. I know there are many deserving causes here, but I have a list of about 15 "real" people - folks I know physically (not all in the biblical sense) rather than virtually - who are desperate, who come first.

So what does the combined wisdom of SCM think?

As I said I will probably ignore a lot of inputs; also I am going to Madrid anyway, so may not make my final decision until 15 minutes before kick off.

I would give it to the highest person on that list who hasn’t been to a CL final.

But I wouldn’t bat an eyelid at you for going yourself. You’ve done your time.

Dreamy, I might have missed this, but did you cash out your City bet or keep it going?

Did you bet on us to win the CL this year? Will/have you cashed out?

It fell through :(

What fell through? Your and Pete’s tickets? :’(

That’s fucking shit.

Might be a stupid fucking statement but considering how much fun you boys have every time ye travel, would it be worthwhile planning to go to one away game so you are guaranteed.

Obviously not many assumed we’d go back to back.

Just seems fucking shit so many deserving fans get fucked over.

Dreamy, I might have missed this, but did you cash out your City bet or keep it going?

Did you bet on us to win the CL this year? Will/have you cashed out?

I didn’t bet on City.

I did bet on us.

Haven’t cashed out yet, I had planned to use the money to go to Madrid but a second baby on the way has changed all that sadly.

I didn’t bet on City.

I did bet on us.

Haven’t cashed out yet, I had planned to use the money to go to Madrid but a second baby on the way has changed all that sadly.

I thought you bet on City to win their remaining 14 games?

So you will cash out on us again?

Congrats on the baby.

I thought you bet on City to win their remaining 14 games?

So you will cash out on us again?

Congrats on the baby.

No that was some lad on twitter called Pat :D

My problem as always is not feeling comfortable putting 7k plus on a football match.

It’s madness.

Thanks - long way to go but after all the IVF problems I’m just hoping for a healthy baby

No, Pete got one, the second one fell through. Pete got us three last year the fucking hero. I've just been given one, but the politics of it are doing my head in. First world problems.

That’s great on both counts.

Fuck the politics and enjoy the trip. It’s our time and you two better put me in the whatsapp group to live it from afar!

Did you get the pub van sorted

No, that ain't gonna be done on time. But it is going to be done. So the byproduct is pretty good. We've got a bus in a pub regardless. Just a bit late.

No, that ain't gonna be done on time. But it is going to be done. So the byproduct is pretty good. We've got a bus in a pub regardless. Just a bit late.

Next season. Regardless of what happens in the league, I fancy us to go deep agsin.

Our style under Klopp is perfect for European football.

Actually you could use to bus to go to an away game, get the 7th credit, then you are sorted for next seasons final.

Could also do a road trip to Spurs away next season where it’s easy to get tickets and bring 20 scmers

It's become impossible to get London aways now. I used to get them all the time but all the boxes in the main stand get first pick so it's gone bad.

It's become impossible to get London aways now. I used to get them all the time but all the boxes in the main stand get first pick so it's gone bad.

Should be easy to get tickets for Spurs just probably in the home section.

Almost all of my Irish mates living in London whether they supported Liverpool or someone else went to this seasons game.

Their new stadium is massive isn’t it even if it’s not Wembley.

Didn't realise home tickets were easy, but one thing I heard yesterday is that spurs aren't traveling to Madrid. They'll sell out but loads of their season ticket holders didn't even apply.

Didn't realise home tickets were easy, but one thing I heard yesterday is that spurs aren't traveling to Madrid. They'll sell out but loads of their season ticket holders didn't even apply.

That’s insane. I can’t understand any Spurs not wanting to go unless it’s on the basis that they are convinced they’ll get bummed and can’t stomach the thought of it.

That's fucking mental. Their chance to win the European Cup for the first time.

Although my spurs mate said he's not going, cos, & I quote, "fuck spending a ton of cash to watch your lot fucking beat us"

The dude who told me was with all his spurs mates in London yesterday and their honest attitude was, fuck being outnumbered five to one in Madrid by mad scousers
My spurs season ticket holding mate said he ain’t going either, madness.

We are all scrambling to get tickets and that lot aren’t arsed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom