• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham Fans: The shower of massive massive "twits"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio

Former mod, consistent c***
Honorary Member
Surprised theres been no mention of this on here.... I thought it would be massive news

Anti semitic chanting from west ham fans

West Ham Fans Cautioned Over

'Hitler' Chant

Two supporters accept police cautions, and one is banned by the club, as the FA investigates alleged anti-Semitic taunts.

9:58pm UK, Monday 26 November 2012
Video: West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce says he did not hear the chants
Two West Ham fans have been cautioned by police over alleged anti-Semitic chants during the club's game at Tottenham.

The pair were arrested at the match on Sunday and accepted the cautions, Scotland Yard said.
One of them was a season ticket holder who has since been banned by the club, which will face an FA investigation over the chants.
West Ham said it had sent the supporter a letter containing a banning order from the club and added: "Any other individuals identified can expect a similar swift and robust response."
Just four days after a Spurs fan was stabbed before Tottenham's game against Lazio, some West Ham fans appeared to aim offensive chants towards the home crowd about the attack.
"Viva Lazio" and "Can we stab you every week" could be heard - and the sound of hissing also came from the away section of White Hart Lane, an apparent mocking of the mass execution of Jews in gas chambers during the Holocaust.
Towards the end of Sunday's match, which Spurs won 3-1, some West Ham supporters were heard singing: "Adolf Hitler, he's coming for you."
The chants during the match were reported to the police by the Society of Black Lawyers.
8773087-1-1-522x293.jpg
The pub at the scene of the violence in Rome
In a statement, the FA said: "The FA can confirm it has begun investigating reports of abusive chanting at the Tottenham versus West Ham United fixture.
"The FA governance department has this morning contacted both clubs and will continue to make enquiries into the matter in the coming days.
"We note the statement issued by West Ham and encourage clubs to identify and ban for life any individuals involved in incidents of abusive chanting.
"There is no place for anti-Semitism or any form of discrimination in football. The FA is committed to working with the clubs, leagues, fans groups, the police, CPS and community stakeholders to play our part in addressing this unacceptable behaviour."
Tottenham will be submitting video evidence as part of their report to the FA.
A club spokesman said: "We are currently compiling a full report for the Football Association and shall be submitting this with all our evidence including relevant CCTV footage."
Peter Herbert, the chairman of the Society of Black Lawyers, said: "As far as we're concerned there has to be zero tolerance of this. If these people can be identified on camera and prosecuted then that is something we'd like to see happen."
At least 11 Spurs fans were injured during violence in Rome, in which 50 masked assailants stormed into a pub in the city, with Essex builder Ashley Mills most seriously hurt.
The president of Italy's football association has apologised to the English FA over the affair, while two men have appeared in court.
==============================================

West Ham chief David Gold warns fans of racial taunts

_58653143_frankkeogh48.jpg
By Frank KeoghBBC Sport

West Ham's Jewish co-chairman David Gold says the club will have a "zero tolerance" approach to any supporters found to have made anti-Semitic taunts.
Two Hammers fans have accepted a police caution, and one of them has been given a lifetime ban from matches for gestures made at Tottenham on Sunday.
The West Ham chief's great grandfather committed suicide after abusive taunts.
Gold said: "We have a clear stance towards any kind of discriminatory behaviour - it will not be tolerated."
Continue reading the main story
“We are a club that promotes tolerance and inclusion of people from all backgrounds, race and religion”
David GoldWest Ham co-chairman
West Ham's Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun said he was "embarrassed" by some of the chanting at the game.
The Football Association has said it will hold an investigation after reports of anti-Semitic taunts during the 3-1 Premier League win for Tottenham, who have strong links with the Jewish community.
Police said the two fans were arrested inside White Hart Lane for racially aggravated public order offences. It is understood they made Nazi-style salutes.
A complaint about abusive chanting has been made to police, who will meet with the complainant before deciding whether to open a formal criminal investigation.
Gold, who took over the east London club with David Sullivan nearly three years ago, said: "David and I are leading an investigation from the top of the club to establish exactly what happened at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
"If we can identify any individuals that have acted inappropriately they will be sought out and banned by the club as part of our zero tolerance policy.
"At the same time we must remember that West Ham United has some of the best fans in the land and we must not let the tens of thousands of supporters that follow our club over land and sea in exactly the right way be overlooked."
It has been reported that a section of the away support sang songs which referenced Adolf Hitler, the German Nazi leader who ordered the mass murder of six million Jews during the Holocaust of the 1930s and 1940s.
Some West Ham fans are also alleged to have taunted the home crowd about the stabbing of Spurs fans in Rome last week.
Continue reading the main story
“I am very proud of my Jewish heritage and have always been made to feel welcome at West Ham”
David Gold
Gold said: "Like many of the people around me in the directors' box at White Hart Lane I didn't hear or see any of the reported inappropriate behaviour during Sunday's game with Tottenham. If I had, then I'm sure I would have been mortified.
"As a board we genuinely believe we have some of the best supporters in the country and we will not let a minority of fans, no matter how small, affect the reputation of our great club.
"We are a club that promotes tolerance and inclusion of people from all backgrounds, race and religion. Just a quick look around our boardroom table would tell you that." ("some of my best mates are black")
The 76-year-old's great grandfather was found hanged around the turn of the 20th Century after surviving persecution in Poland but being "driven to despair" by anti-Semitism in England.
"I am very proud of my Jewish heritage and have always been made to feel welcome at West Ham since I started watching them as a young boy back in the 1950s," said Gold.
"That wasn't always the case growing up in the East End and I know first-hand how difficult dealing with prejudice can be, which is why I feel so passionately about promoting inclusion in society today."
Benayoun, 32, who is on loan from Chelsea, said a minority of fans were to blame at Tottenham and that the FA and West Ham would "do everything to find and punish them".
He added on his Twitter page: "I have a great relationship with the West Ham United supporters, from my first spell at the club and again now I am back on loan here.
"This is why I was very disappointed to hear some of the songs and it was embarrassing."
=========

And of course the League of Extraordinary Black Lawyers chairman piped up (taken from F365.com)

The Blame
Still, if you're looking for someone to blame for such anti-Semitic awfulness, then look no further than the Spurs fans themselves.

Peter Herbert, the chairman of the Society of Black Lawyers, wrote in The Observer on Sunday:

'The link between the appalling incidents in Rome and the "Y" word chanting is obvious. The chanting of the word simply legitimises anti-Semitic abuse by other fans.'

There you go, Spurs fans. Your fault.

In the same piece, Herbert wrote: 'The Society of Black Lawyers, in seeking to challenge racism in football, has been accused of being "naive", "publicity-seeking", "unhelpful" or out to "get work". Organisations or individuals who speak out on human rights are seldom welcomed by those whose inaction or collusion with racism is challenged.'

If Peter Herbert wishes to refute allegations of publicity-seeking, then might Mediawatch suggest that Peter Herbert tones down the number of shiny photographs of Peter Herbert on Peter Herbert's website, Peter Herbert.net.

Still, as we're criticising him, presumably we're colluding with racism. Stick a white hood on our heads and call us rumbled.

=========================
Theres been a dramatic increase over the last 2 years of racially aggravated instances, is this primarily down to increased media coverage? Or is it down to a more sinister undertone of football that has been dormant for a long time?

I've always hated going to West Ham's ground, it's always been full of right-wing nutters and thugs. I've not noticed them being that bad away before. Some of them must drive a cab in their spare time.

Its abhorrent. I was completely shocked when i heard about it.

I'm well aware that some teams do the hissing noise(cunts) but this is new venom. Mocked the people who were attacked, cheering the team who's thugs wounded their compatriots? It sickens me

Its obscene

You really can't fault West Ham fans here ... You see, Israel was doing something with Hamas, and that incited these fans to go after Spurs because they're a Jewish club etc etc

You really can't fault West Ham fans here ... You see, Israel was doing something with Hamas, and that incited these fans to go after Spurs because they're a Jewish club etc etc

Yeah, I saw all those pro Palestinian Union Jacks with ICF - Palestine Branch on them too.

Hahahaha! Nice spot. Its not good when there is Adolf Hitler based confusion.
That line between your post and your signature is very faint Spion. To an untrained eye it could appear you believe Hitler to be the messiah ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for us, cheers.

Well I have been watching that programme on him BBC1 and my mo has become mysteriously smaller and darker since.

Oh my God. I am he!

Kill Peter Herbert, disband Tottenham Hotspur, Kill Alan Sugar.

Our fans have recently taken to doing the hissing at White Hart Lane.

What do people think about this (forget our fans, but the 'hiss' in general)? I really don't know where I stand, but I don't believe for one second that the majority of fans doing it are anti-semites, and I guess the majority aren't even aware as to why. I want to believe it's mostly due to the 'football' (i.e. Manc twats singing about Hillsborough, or our fans singing about Munich).

I think it's mostly due to football, but it's still shocking. It's mob mentality and that doesn't justify it.

It's disgusting behaviour

It's quite similar to internet forums where people use the anonymity to say and do things they wouldn't normally do for the fun of getting a rise from others. Same thing happened in the London riots, where people justified theft because others were doing it and they thought there was no chance of being caught. See for Media piracy, taking money from malfunctioning cash machines, getting two chocolates bars from a vending machine when you only paid for one etc.

The whole thing stems from a society wide belief that a crime is ok as long as your not caught. Fuck knows what you can do to rectify it.

I disagree with LTW in that I think most of them know exactly what the hissing stands for, but justify it as being only fun (similar to some comedians) no doubt telling themselves that its only football and not really racist (or whatever).

This type of behaviour is at every club and has never really gone away.

When you get a group of lads tanked up and shouting in a trbalistic manner, it can get turn **normal** folk into monsters for 90 minutes.

What do people think about this (forget our fans, but the 'hiss' in general)? I really don't know where I stand, but I don't believe for one second that the majority of fans doing it are anti-semites, and I guess the majority aren't even aware as to why. I want to believe it's mostly due to the 'football' (i.e. Manc twats singing about Hillsborough, or our fans singing about Munich).

They all should be forced to study the Holocaust, the idiots.

Is this classed as racism? Or does religious persecution have a different word? Forgive my ignorance of the English language. Regardless, this is disgusting behaviour some West Ham fans, and if our fans have been doing it at away games, we ought to be very very ashamed.

I am beginning to wonder whether all the huffing and puffing about racism in football there has been lately in the media, might actually be encouraging the chanting. Fans like to cock a snook at authority and that's an easy way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom