• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UFC

McGregor pulled off the 219 card by the looks of it for assaulting a ref at the wkend when he rushed in the ring for one of his friends fights.

Was he even on the card for 219?
He was a right dick though poor fella who got smashed by ward then got shoved by Mcgregor when he was moaning at the ref

Was he even on the card for 219?
He was a right dick though poor fella who got smashed by ward then got shoved by Mcgregor when he was moaning at the ref

Officials were saying he was meant to be, I presume vs Ferguson, but not announced yet. Looks like they might Go Woodley vs Diaz instead

I'm not a regular watcher or follower of Ufc but watched khabib v Barboza.
That's Fricking horrific, I winced for the 15 minutes just horrible.
I watched a few bits of the build up and sounded like khabib was annoyed at the striker v grappler tag for the fight saying he can also strike.
Seemed to eat up all of the Barboza attacks and just mauled him in the ground and pound.
He even said at the end he wanted to just go 15 minutes to get some minutes in the ring, kinda believe him I'm sure there were some submissions open to him when Barboza was grounded.

He even said he thinks he could pull off a 145 weight cut now that he's got a proper nutritionist so will see but he's gotta go Ferguson next at 155. For the title and see what Connor does in terms of his belts

I love Khabib, and he mauled Barboza fair enough, but there were too many holes in his defence to not get ko'd by Conor, or find himself getting repeatedly stung by Tony, and if he takes Tony to the ground, he'll be dealing with a world champion BJJ black belt. We've not seen Khabib or Conor in a tough fight as of yet, so we've no idea how it'd pan out. I can see Conor losing his next fight though, which means he'll have lost 3 out 4.

Dos Anjos is an elite level bjj practitioners He got mauled to pieces also.
I dunno people keep saying conner lands the left and it's lights out but khabib took a loada kicks and a spinning heel kick to the head v Barboza and just kept walking.
Ferguson has lost to Johnson before and he was mauled by khabib also.

It has to be a title shot next for khabib v Ferguson nothing else makes sense in that division. Once that's done they can decide what to do with Connor.

Look at me talking shit like I know what I'm on about.

Tony Ferguson blew out his knee by turning sharply to say hello to someone and taking a terrible fall. It doesn't sound as if he was in any way capable of withstanding a take down by the floor, let alone by Khabib. Poor the Holloway. I like him he's an entertaining guy, it's going to be hard to watch him stepping up and getting butchered.

Good week for smashing up busses.
Connor n his gang of trogladites smashed up a bus Injuring one of the fighters apparently chasing Khabib.
They need one of them team mma battles.
Dagestanis v Irish, my money's on the Dagestanis all day long

Half of the card have now dropped out claiming to have "glass in their eyes", obviously in the hopes their personal injury lawyers are going to bring home that coveted red panty night for all around.

It's ridiculous, he's such a cunt. But, him and Dana couldn't buy this of publicity, they must be rubbing their hands in glee. No publicity is bad publicity.
And with 100mill in the bank, that hires you the greatest lawyers so you can do what you like.
As for the fighters bottling out of the fight after scratch, dear me

I get people saying it gives the publicity but it's becoming a bit WWE. The Conor/Mayweather was the same just lots and lots and lots of hot air and trash talk and I can't believe people are stupid enough to buy into it. Conor v Khabib (if he gets passed Holloway) on the other hand would be actual bad blood after this incident.
Diaz had his little say also on twitter stoking the fire.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203602/pros-react-to-conor-mcgregor-chaos-in-brooklyn

Twitter reactions from loads of people involved with UFC.

Last edited:

It doesn't appear as though Khabib got the WWE memo, he looks and sounds genuinely psychotic. Holloway should just drop out, immediately, there would be no shame in it, perhaps some glass flew across the loading bay and also hit his eye.

Hahaha fucking hell, just like that he's dropped out. There's a new no. 1 bullshit.

Lolz he read your post and thought fuck it Dante is right.

They should just chuck Conor in the cage, high on coke, with a chair and see what happens.

Last edited:
Lolz he read your post and thought fuck it Dante is right.

They should just chuck Conor in the cage, high on coke, with a chair and see what happens.

Conor knows full well what would happen, he did the smart thing and put himself into protective custody.

[bcolor=transparent]

I'm well happy about this.

I'm fucking sick of Irish sports fans - I'm specifically talking about mates I speak to every day, but I'm also talking about the tons on this board that are from there - going on as though they are so fucking saintly... When Celtic have so much scum, When the Irish national football crowd only look half ok because England's are so bad... but this was their last hiding place. Conor McGregor was such a LAD and all his fights weren't full of all the scum that follows British boxers etc.

Well fuck you Ireland. This is all on you. The lot of it. You ought to be ashamed and you should be writing letters of apology from your country to the world.

I'm well happy about this.

I'm fucking sick of Irish sports fans - I'm specifically talking about mates I speak to every day, but I'm also talking about the tons on this board that are from there - going on as though they are so fucking saintly... When Celtic have so much scum, When the Irish national football crowd only look half ok because England's are so bad... but this was their last hiding place. Conor McGregor was such a LAD and all his fights weren't full of all the scum that follows British boxers etc.

Well fuck you Ireland. This is all on you. The lot of it. You ought to be ashamed and you should be writing letters of apology from your country to the world.
It's because McGregor is from Dublin and we all know that Dublin is full of scangers.

Easy enough victory for Khabib, credit to laquinta for Turning up but it was always going to be one way traffic.

I get the feeling khabib thinks his ground game is ten notches above the next guy and wanted to learn more about his standing game hence the 3rd/4th/most of 5th round

If the next guy is GSP then he needs to learn quickly.

GSP's last fight was at 185, Khabib's at 155, so they'd have to meet in the middle maybe. I know he's called him out but I'm not sure GSP would be keen on it, it'd be much easier to take someone else's title.
It was Khabib by murder as expected.

Rogan catching a lot of flak for his commentary during the Khabib V Iaquinta fight. He's written an instagram post explaining his views and that he really believes Al showed there is a chink in the Khabib armour cos he kept Khabib standing during rounds 3/4.
I thought Khabib was doing that himself, going 5 round was also something Khabib talked about in previous fights. He wants to stay in the octagon as long as possible to learn more about himself and what he needs to work on etc.
Ras Buten is on the podcast tomorrow be interesting to hear the conversation.

I think maybe UFC is looking to try and cash in on some of the bigger names in its history. Brock Lesnar coming into the ring after UFC 226 and shoving Cormier is full on WWE tactic to draw a crowd, increase the pay per view and get some more cash into the game.
How Connor gets another chance to fight after injuring fellow athletes is also BS, but you know he's gonna bring in the crowd and make lots of money for himself and others.

I think maybe UFC is looking to try and cash in on some of the bigger names in its history. Brock Lesnar coming into the ring after UFC 226 and shoving Cormier is full on WWE tactic to draw a crowd, increase the pay per view and get some more cash into the game.
How Connor gets another chance to fight after injuring fellow athletes is also BS, but you know he's gonna bring in the crowd and make lots of money for himself and others.

It was pretty embarrassing when Brock turned up, they couldn't even do it properly, they were laughing, smiling and giggling whilst pushing each other. But their PPV figures aren't great, sub 500k, and they know that people like Brock and Conor bring in PPV's more like 1mill, so what do you do as a business? You have to sell your soul. They be sweating on the big juicer getting through the piss tests for the next 6months now which will be a challenge in itself. I think Conor has his court re-appearance this month too, with the money he's got for lawyers I'd expect him to get off, and then I think the UFC are keen to rebook him. But why bother when you've just banked 100mill and lost 2 of your last 3 fights.

Back
Top Bottom