• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Window : January 2021 - rumours and deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But everything is considered for the mid to long term, so they'll look at investing in tried and tested talents that will be expected to be first team regulars for several years, or in the best young prospects. That's fine so long as there's room for the occasional reaction to urgent needs. Every policy needs some flexibility.

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that there's a separate 'pot' of money for young players like this Derby kid, and that pot is largely the responsibility of Inglethorpe and the transfer committee (it's Inglethorpe's call because the argument is: 'these kids might not even mature in time to play for any particular first team manager, so the academy director needs to concentrate on these decisions'). So this money isn't being 'diverted' from any potential CB funds, for example.

Yup ... flexibility is key.
The process has worked brilliantly, but it can be quickly undone if we don't finish 4th .. We shouldn't be tempting this, or hoping a clearly more frustrated & exasperated Klopp will think about his future. They've made great money from this club. Invest 10-15 million or whatever to get a CB in. Allows Fabinho into the middle, gives us some balance back and insurance for Matip and we try and return to form. If we don't get a CB, and things go bottom up, it's 100% on the owners.

No disrespect to Awin, but who is he? Is he an ex-member of the The FirmBL?
Not sure about his connections with The FirmBL, but I do know he tweets from Brazilian press.

This tweet about Man City's bid for Kayky and Metinho is of similar content to what Aswin tweeted

This one mentioned about Shakhtar's offer (with link to article)

As for our interest in Kayky, it was first mentioned by Brazilian journalist Paulo Brito

[article]
Wayne Rooney has confirmed Derby youngster Kaide Gordon is set to join champions Liverpool after turning down a deal to stay under him.

Gordon, 16, made his debut when he came off the bench in Derby's 4-0 Championship victory over Birmingham at St Andrew's on December 29.

At 16 years two months and 24 days, Gordon is the fourth youngest player in the Rams' history after Mason Bennett, Lee Holmes and Steve Powell.

Liverpool are in talks to land the attacking midfielder and England U16 international this year as a scholar with a view to giving him a professional deal when he turns 17 in October.

Rams boss Rooney doesn't want to lose Gordon who was named County's academy player of the year last season and has been likened to Kop star Mohamed Salah.

But, asked if Gordon was on his way to Anfield, Derby boss Rooney, in sole charge since November, reflected: “It looks that way.

“Kaide is fantastic player. I brought him into the first team squad because he was showing the qualities I want.

“We offered him a deal which he didn't take.

“As always when a player doesn't sign up, if any of the big clubs in the Premier League come in, it is very difficult to deny the player that opportunity.

“There has been an offer for Kaide since before I have been in this role.

“He hasn't signed it for whatever reasons. Liverpool have become aware of that and stepped in.

“Once a team like Liverpool come in for one of your players it is hard to turn that down.

“For his development of course I would have liked him to stay at the club.

“But I understand once the champions of England come in and want to sign you, it is difficult to turn it down.”

[/article]

[article]Every season, we’re used to seeing Premier League clubs being linked to young talents from Sporting, as the Lisbon side are undoubtedly a great showcase for promising players.

Now that the Lions are on top of the table, with the real chance of winning the league after many years, there are even more eyes on their squad.

So according to newspaper Record today, Manchester United have now made an approach for Sporting’s most impressive player this season, Pedro Gonçalves, also known as Pote.

It’s said Manchester United made an informal approach for the signing, which was immediately turned down by the Lions, who want the 22-year-old to stay at least until the end of the season.

Liverpool are also credited with interest.

Currently the Liga NOS’ top scorer with 12 goals, there’s nobody close to him, as other players could only score seven so far.

The winger is well protected with a €60m release clause in a contract which runs until 2025. Sporting will only consider a sale in the summer, so for now, that’s the price tag he has.

Gonçalves is a flexible right-footed attacker who play in various roles. At Manchester United there’d be the real danger of him being a squad player, and therefore hindering his development.

That said, the Premier League club’s last signing from Sporting hasn’t done too badly.[/article]

As if we need another reason to hate him -

Spain defender Sergio Ramos, 34, is ready to quit Real Madrid and is interested in a move to Manchester United. (Mirror)

I hope this happens.
He would be costly, and while still good, he will also get his arse handed to him in this league.
Also sense quite a few sending offs. In Spain he is the boss and likes to play dirty. Here he would be up against players who defined dirty pretty much every other week.

Winston Reid has been offered instead of Diop on a loan deal with no obligation to buy. According to some hammers websites.

West Ham probably realising that Diop actually has value, then, and may actually turn out to be be something at Liverpool.

Last edited:
Winston Reid has been offered instead of Diop on a loan deal with no obligation to buy. According to some hammers websites.
[article]
The New Zealand international hasn’t played for the Hammers since suffering a gruesome injury against Swansea in March 2018.
Reid – who earns £70,000-a-week – had no choice but to spend hours in rehabilitation, where he then needed to play Premier League 2 football to build up match fitness.
The 32-year-old struggled to get back into the starting XI, however, and was loaned out to Sporting Kansas City.
Now though, the defender is back in east London, as you can see below.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom