• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Window : January 2021 - rumours and deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Maybe about time to get a thread going.

Liverpool have now banked the full £142m fee from Barcelona's purchase of Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 28, in 2018. (Echo).

Barcelona presidential candidate Jordi Farre says the club need to strengthen in attack and named Manchester United and England forward Marcus Rashford, 23, among the players he admires. The 45-year-old has also promised to re-sign Neymar and give free pizzas and tattoos to club. Ahahaha that's how to get the fanbase on side - free pizzas and tats !

Leeds are planning to say fuck defence and play the second half of the season with 10 attackers : Leeds United are interested in Spain winger Adama Traore, 24, with his future at Wolves in doubt due to lack of playing time.

Manchester United and Liverpool are among a number of clubs to express an interest in Schalke defender Ozan Kabak, 20, with the Bundesliga club lowering their asking price from £40m to £25m for the Turkey international.

Great player but I can't see us being interested : Liverpool have joined Manchester United and Manchester City in the race to sign Jack Grealish, 25, with Aston Villa braced for bids for their England midfielder.

Grealish needs to be the best player at a club. He suits Villa and could go to a bigger team (he'd be good at utd) but wouldn't work for us

Grealish isn't a £100m player.. not by a long shot. He has behavourial issues, I don't want him anywhere near our squad.

The whole lockdown drink driving shit will fuck his career up. He’ll be decent at those shitty pointless clubs like Everton. No way he’d thrive in a top team.

The whole lockdown drink driving shit will fuck his career up. He’ll be decent at those shitty pointless clubs like Everton. No way he’d thrive in a top team.
Didn't he also break lockdown on a separate occasion?

He's had a few indiscretions in previous seasons too notably when abroad. Where he was told if he didn't mature, he wouldn't fulfil his potential.

That's where the Gazza comparisons come from I guess. But I dont think he has half the natural talent as Gazza.

I think he did with another London trip during lockdown. He’s also had a picture leaked recently. Nothing wrong with what he was doing. It’s just not a thing you want to see out of your star player.

Klopp won’t buy his as he’s too much of a cunt. Grealish is the cunt, not klopp.

Grealish need to be the main man, and every attack starts and stops with him. He wouldnt fit into our team, the dressing room or the professional attitude that Klopp demands.
He's a very good player but a massive cunt.

I also cant stand those rolled down socks 80s thingy he has going on. Grade A cunt.

Great player but I can't see us being interested : Liverpool have joined Manchester United and Manchester City in the race to sign Jack Grealish, 25, with Aston Villa braced for bids for their England midfielder.
That would be his agent or Villa talking. He's at the right level at Villa. That's even before we talk about his off-field issues.

I can see Utd signing him... not us.

He will move to a bigger club, hes too good for Villa. Hes a very good player but as many people have already observed hes too big an ego. In the right circumstances I think he could be developed into a world class player, but LFC and Klopp are not those circumstances.

He will go to Utd or Chelsea and become part of the rotating cast of exciting signings that dont quite fit

Curtis Jones is our own Grealish type.

Except he hasn't learned the art of "the flop", in the same way Grealish has.

I don't think we're signing anyone because Rhys Williams has done so well.

So unless Matip/Fab totally break down in Jan, signing a CB wouldn't make sense, considering it would take them about a month to get up to speed, and in that time our CBs will be a month closer to a return, Thiago will have returned (and be an option in DM/CM thus freeing up Hendo/Fab). Also, Chamberlain, Keita, Milner, Jota will be back and fit (fingers crossed).

So unless Matip/Fab totally break down in Jan, signing a CB wouldn't make sense, considering it would take them about a month to get up to speed, and in that time our CBs will be a month closer to a return, Thiago will have returned (and be an option in DM/CM thus freeing up Hendo/Fab). Also, Chamberlain, Keita, Milner, Jota will be back and fit (fingers crossed).
Matip can't be relied on unfortunately and Fabs has had his injury problems as well.
There's a lot of games left to play and Matip and Fabs will need to be rotated at times. Rhys is only 19 years old with zero experience in top flight. We still protect him in games, meaning Klopp doesn't rely on him 100%. Case in point, when Matip broke down against Fulham, Klopp chose to move Hendo rather than to use Philips (Williams didn't even make the bench). Makes me believe that he doesn't rate him at all, so a Williams - Philips partnership would be a nightmare for Klopp.

I've read that the plan for Williams was to get a loan spell in the Championship before this season and Philips was supposed to be sold.

If we are going to win the PL + CL this year, and we've a great chance to do it this season when there are no real stand-out teams bar Bayern, who's level we are definitely at, then we can't reply on Matip+Fabs+Williams+Phillips. We need a quality CB and to hell with 'settling in', it's a myth that Klopp always does this so I don't see an issue.

Lets be honest, if Matip is fit for a month then thats basically the amount of time a new signing will get before hes calles upon. Matips a very good defender but longevity isnt really his thing.

We would be incredibly naive to expect him to suddenly turn into Wolverine now just because we need him to. Thats desperation not borne out by any logic. Its not going to happen, we gambled and lost on not replacing Lovren, gambling on Matip staying fit for 5 months is just reckless.

Yeah, I think we should sign a CB in January and with a few clubs and leagues in financial trouble, we should be able to find some potential bargains. Arsenal's Saliba looks intriguing and there are a few strong defenders in France we could look at.

I would also try to sign a centre-forward. Yes, it's difficult to upgrade on our main front 3 or 4, but it shouldn't be hard to upgrade on Origi in his current state – there are plenty of young, hungry, physical, talented strikers in Belgium, France, Germany etc who could be of a lot more use as rotation options in the 2nd half of the season and wouldn't necessarily cost a fortune.

Last edited:
Word on Twitter is that we're watching young
Sven Botman, who plays for Lille, who is in trouble financially.

Anyone watched him? Seems like a great header/ no nonsense defender with V good passing range. Great name too

Heh.. don't get me wrong, i'd love us to sign a CB in Jan.

I just don't think we will. As we are top of the league and Jurgen is working magic, I fear FSG would rather save 30m and chance it, till summer.. thinking the worst that could happen is us finishing in 4th place.

Not the right mentality, because we all want to win. But we seem to be content with only changing a problem position when it becomes blindly obvious that we need a change.

How long were we all banging on about the need for new 1st GK, or CB, or DM, better 2nd GK, or cover for the front 4?

Our lack of proactiveness has cost us at least 1 European cup (Real) and possibly another last year (A.Madrid).

https://www.farodevigo.es/celta-de-...pool-roba-united-celeste-stefan-26661402.html

[article]Liverpool have beaten Manchester United to the signing of Celta Vigo youngster Stefan Bajcetic.

That’s according to Faro de Vigo, who say the defender has turned heel and elected Anfield as his next destination over Old Trafford.

The young centre-back was recently linked with a move to Manchester United, with it claimed that both sides were keen to get a deal over the line and United were willing to pay to make a move happen.

Faro now say the transfer was ‘practically arranged’ until a last-minute turn in the negotiations saw a change of destination.

The 16-year-old will now ‘pack his bags for Anfield’ after Liverpool, who had been interested in him alongside Manchester United and Bundesliga side RB Leipzig, made a ‘last-minute attack’ to secure his signature.

Indeed, an emissary from Liverpool travelled to Vigo yesterday to ‘take care of travel procedures’ and help the youngster settle at his new club.

It’s explained that the new rules surrounding Brexit have ‘forced the operation to accelerate’, with the Reds pushing to get a deal done despite Manchester United having been the side that ‘bet the strongest’ on his signature.

Given new players can’t be registered until January 1st, when the new rules will be in place banning U18 transfers from Europe, it’s curious how clubs are getting around this.

The move to Anfield has now been finalised as a transfer, according to the report, and while the price isn’t mentioned, it’s made clear it won’t be too high as he only has a training contract.

Bajcetic, therefore, is a non-professional and as such, doesn’t have a termination clause like other players.

In addition to financial compensation, Celta will also receive a share of the training rights for the young centre-back, who joined the club three years ago and has made his way up through their youth ranks.

He’s now made the step to Liverpool, following the likes of Erik Bugarín and Iago de Santiago, who swapped Celta for the Premier League with moves to Wolves and Tottenham recently.[/article]

Last edited:
Word on Twitter is that we're watching young
Sven Botman, who plays for Lille, who is in trouble financially.

Anyone watched him? Seems like a great header/ no nonsense defender with V good passing range. Great name too

I wonder if his left-footedness is a downside, since it means he cannot play with VVD unless Virgil is forced to change to RCB.

Au contraire, his left-footedness has to be an asset sine van Dijk is not a natural left-footer.

But he prefers LCB and you don't want to move your best player to accommodate a lesser player. For a few games, of course – no problem, but in terms of long-term squad-building I think we'd be looking at filling RCB position.

Matip can't be relied on unfortunately and Fabs has had his injury problems as well.
There's a lot of games left to play and Matip and Fabs will need to be rotated at times. Rhys is only 19 years old with zero experience in top flight. We still protect him in games, meaning Klopp doesn't rely on him 100%. Case in point, when Matip broke down against Fulham, Klopp chose to move Hendo rather than to use Philips (Williams didn't even make the bench). Makes me believe that he doesn't rate him at all, so a Williams - Philips partnership would be a nightmare for Klopp.

I've read that the plan for Williams was to get a loan spell in the Championship before this season and Philips was supposed to be sold.

What Modo said

If we are going to win the PL + CL this year, and we've a great chance to do it this season when there are no real stand-out teams bar Bayern, who's level we are definitely at, then we can't reply on Matip+Fabs+Williams+Phillips. We need a quality CB and to hell with 'settling in', it's a myth that Klopp always does this so I don't see an issue.

And what Frogfish said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom