• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he's not even Danish. ;)

No argument there, Kristian, but I'll be surprised (albeit pleasantly) if he doesn't end up at (B)arcelona now.

Of all the Ajax players, he’s the one who stood out in this campaign.
Would you think he is worth spending £65-75m for him?

"RMadrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's £600,000-a-week wages"

Would you think he is worth spending £65-75m for him?

"RMadrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's £600,000-a-week wages"

FUCK NO

There are reports suggesting that Zidane doesn't rate him and that this was the reason for his apparently wantaway interview after the last CL final.

Real will have to subsidise his wages until his contract is paid out.

I suspect Bale will end up at Bayern either on loan or permanent.

I can only imagine we failed to go after Aubameyang when he left Dortmund because the money available was more badly needed elsewhere. He would have suited us so well.

I don't know about that, his age and price at the time is not what our owners would consider value for money. To be honest given how front three work, there is a significant difference in the effort he puts in compared to them. Good goal scorer and all but I don't think he would have been a regular at the time given how well our front three were operating. Actually when Arsenal bought him there would have been absolutely no need for us to get him at the time - which was last December when we bought VVD.

There are reports suggesting that Zidane doesn't rate him and that this was the reason for his apparently wantaway interview after the last CL final.
re sending Bale out on loan, never though I'd see the day when Zinedine Zidan would adopt a Harry Rednapp idea of any description.

I don't know about that, his age and price at the time is not what our owners would consider value for money. To be honest given how front three work, there is a significant difference in the effort he puts in compared to them. Good goal scorer and all but I don't think he would have been a regular at the time given how well our front three were operating. Actually when Arsenal bought him there would have been absolutely no need for us to get him at the time - which was last December when we bought VVD.

It's true the price was high for a player his age, but it's not true that he works less hard than our current front three (which BTW hadn't got going at that stage - we did, and arguably still do, need the additional option of a no.9-type player). Aubameyang himself has said that Klopp made him the player he is, and that relationship would never have worked if he hadn't been a hard worker.

[article]
After impressing for both the under-18s and the under-23s, he was promoted to train at Melwood last season.

However, his progress at Liverpool was hampered by injuries . Over the past 12 months fellow young defenders Nat Phillips and Ki-Jana Hoever jumped ahead of him in the pecking order.

The Reds also have high hopes for teenage centre-back Rhys Williams, who was part of the club's FA Youth Cup winning side this season.
[/article]

It's true the price was high for a player his age, but it's not true that he works less hard than our current front three (which BTW hadn't got going at that stage - we did, and arguably still do, need the additional option of a no.9-type player). Aubameyang himself has said that Klopp made him the player he is, and that relationship would never have worked if he hadn't been a hard worker.

Honestly he does appear a bit lazy in games, even Arsenal fans have commented on this. I sometimes think that the reason why Klopp never seems to attract some of the German talent he has worked with in the past is because they know how hard he will make them work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom