• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the Ajax players, he’s the one who stood out in this campaign.
He was very good indeed but I beg to differ as Frenkie is simply on another level...

Believe de Ligt to be upthere soon enough as well.

De Beek is l inked to Real btw.

That's all we needed... a KHL endorsement. His career will crash and burn now.
Btw, fucktart, I wrote this about our Virgil on here, about 3 years ago;

PS I have been immensely impressed by Soton's central defender Van Dijk, anyone else noticed him?

Elegant, strong, commanding, clever, fast. Really looks a marvelous prospect.

The fact you have me around to deliver you these detailed and almost always spot on analysis on the major talents of tomorrow is fucking steal of the century.. you don't deserve me, @Halmeister

PS I have been immensely impressed by Soton's central defender Van Dijk, anyone else noticed him?

The fact you have me around to deliver you these detailed and almost always spot on analysis on the major talents of tomorrow is fucking steal of the century.. you don't deserve me, @Halmeister

He may not - but we do Kristian.

:)

James Pearce.....

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|620x801]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=594x@}

Liverpool could generate £100million from selling fringe stars this summer.

The Reds have already received a host of approaches for players who will be returning to Anfield after spells out on loan.

Jurgen Klopp must decide whether to retain or off-load young talent like Marko Grujic and Harry Wilson ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

Hertha Berlin are keen to hold on to Grujic, who has enjoyed a fine season with the Bundesliga outfit.

The 23-year-old Serbian midfielder, who is under contract with the Reds until 2023, would command a fee in excess of £20million.

Wilson is valued at around the same level after a season of eye-catching progress on loan at Derby County in the Championship. Liverpool will consider offers for the Wales international and are also open to the idea of a Premier League loan for the 22-year-old winger.

Nathaniel Clyne looks certain to be sold following the end of his loan stint at Bournemouth. Liverpool want around £15million for the experienced full-back, who has also attracted interest from West Ham.

Simon Mignolet could also depart after six years at Anfield. The Belgian goalkeeper, who still has two years left on his contract, is keen to play after a season spent as Alisson Becker's deputy and would cost around £12million.

Youngster Rafa Camacho's future is uncertain after stalling over a new deal at Liverpool. The Portugal youth international, who made his Reds debut against Wolves in the FA Cup back in January, is valued at around £10million and has caught the eye of Sporting Lisbon among others.

Ryan Kent's stock has risen north of the border during his season under the guidance of Kop legend Steven Gerrard at Rangers.

The PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year has kick-started his career after difficult spells with Freiburg and Bristol City last term.

Gerrard is keen to secure his services on a permanent basis but Liverpool's £12million price tag means Kent's future is likely to lie elsewhere.

The Reds could also bank a sizeable fee if they decide to sell Taiwo Awoniyi, who has been unable to get a work permit to play in the UK since being signed from Nigeria's Imperial Academy in 2015.

Schalke want to buy the Nigeria Under-23s striker who did well at Belgian side Mouscron in the second half of the season. Liverpool's asking price will be around £10million.

The Reds are likely to have to settle for less for Sheyi Ojo and Ovie Ejaria following their loan spells.

Ojo scored one goal in 19 appearances for French club Stade Reims, while Ejaria netted once in 16 Championship matches for Reading.

With the senior set-up likely to be depleted at the start of pre-season due to the absence of star names following the Copa America and the Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, Klopp won't be in a rush to trim his squad.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Lets bring Grujic back. Wilson does have something about him too. He could definitely take Lallana's place in the squad.

Linked with Lloyd Kelly, I see Twitter twatter is saying its a done deal. Dont know much about him in all honesty.

If Derby get promoted, I'd ask Frank (assuming he's not managing Chelsea) to take him on for another year ... if he does well, we're set with either an important squad player or 30-40 million from Bournemouth.
After they got their pants pulled down with Smith and Ibe I'm sure they'll not be so forthcoming next time around with young prospects

D6M7Xh1XkAYnWOW.jpg

Last edited:

Even a broken clock...

Should we dig up your endorsements of all the other people you wanted us to sign? That wouldn't make pretty reading.

Bendtner anyone? Anyone that passed through Denmark once?

The view at Liverpool is that the team is effectively complete. There is a need to strengthen at left back and while there is often focus on the attacking positions improving the standard will not be easy. Youngster Rhian Brewster is highly rated and will be given opportunities. The evolution of the club’s strategy under owners Fenway Sports Group means where once they spent to buy, now money is spent to retain. The contract extensions of eight players since last April, including Mo Salah, Sadio Mané and Roberto Firmino means the combined incremental cost of wage rises alone is between £150 million and £200 million. Virgil van Dijk should be among the next group of players to be rewarded given his impact.

Who are they likely to be after?

Liverpool scouts, along with a number of other top-flight sides including Arsenal and Southampton, have checked on Bristol City left back Lloyd Kelly. The England Under-21 starlet can also play at centre half. Andrew Robertson has developed into one of Europe’s best left backs, but someone with potential and who can play in more than one position would appeal.

Any departures?

Alberto Moreno and Daniel Sturridge, who is still waiting to hear whether he will be banned over an alleged infringement of FA betting guidelines, are out of contract. Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has previously wanted first-team football after being usurped by Alisson Becker, but his attitude behind the scenes has been exemplary. Decisions need to be made on a number of loan players, including Harry Wilson who is at Derby County and Ryan Kent at Rangers. Should Derby gain promotion to the Premier League, they could try and sign Wilson permanently. Liverpool have previously structured deals with buy-back clauses as in the case of Jordon Ibe’s move to Bournemouth in 2016.

How much do they have to spend?

There is never any set budget. Liverpool are now opportunistic and pragmatic in their transfer dealings so react when situations arise. The anticipation is that huge amounts will not be spent on incoming transfers, but there is always a caveat.

Words by Paul Joyce

[article]According to Sky Sports, Real Madrid have now completed the signing of Jovic from Frankfurt.

Following his stunning campaign, Zinedine Zidane and Madrid have committed £52.4m (€60m) of their transfer budget to sign him.

The move will see Jovic earn £8.7m a year at the Bernabeu.

Due to a clause in the deal, Benfica will also receive ‘around £10.5m of the transfer fee.’[/article]

Papers mentioning a huge bid imminent from Real Madrid for Salah
Real Madrid are set to test Liverpool's resolve this summer by submitting an offer for Egypt striker Mohamed Salah, 26. (Canal+, via Mail)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom