• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched MOTD 2... Three things stood out...

City and Grealish goal. How he could celebrate that was was embarrassing as if he had done something great. Dickhead

Deli Alli throwing himself into the keep for Spurs Penalty

Adama Traoré. This guy is truly a monster. I would love him at the club,given his strength speed and power. Given one condition. That we do some intensive work on his finishing. If he adds that to his game he would be the Spanish Kylian m'bappe but more powerful

Wasn't there someone on here before Donavan came along that was obsessed with us signing Traore?
Narrows eyes
@doctor_mac get your deerstalker on.

We aint signing no one are we?

Got to say I'm a little disappointed regardless of winning our opening 2 games.

I'd even take a back up RB, someone like De Sciglio or Sorescu who's supposed to be a highly regarded player.

I'm not so sure finishing is something that can be coached into him. He's not a kid anymore.
It's is all about pratice makes perfect...
Players that practice free kicks become better at it and I think If he practiced his finishing he would improve that part of his game, which if he did I would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

I just loved to see the way he handled Tanganga and I believe that he would handle Reece James better than Jota or Mane infact I believe that he would torrorize him

But yes, I understand that we are not signing him

Rumours that City will try and pinch Mbappe instead of Kane.

PSG will try and get Richarlison from Everton to replace him.

It's is all about pratice makes perfect...
Players that practice free kicks become better at it and I think If he practiced his finishing he would improve that part of his game, which if he did I would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

I just loved to see the way he handled Tanganga and I believe that he would handle Reece James better than Jota or Mane infact I believe that he would torrorize him

But yes, I understand that we are not signing him
Players should, you know, practice in order to get better everyone! Where has this genius idea come from?! They could come to the club on days where there aren’t matches, probably not to the ground itself so the grass doesn’t get chopped up and they can have more space, and they can practice doing footbally stuff to get better at it. I’m all in on this.

Genuinely, is Doner Van an all time low for 6CM? Must be close.

Because they are still heavily in debt.
Yeah, but they have such massive incomings, they can service the debt. I'd say their bigger problem is that being run by Yank businessmen rather than a corrupt oil rich country, they're probably less willing to grease the wheels with backhanders all over the place within UEFA.

Because they are still heavily in debt.

Speaking of football debt, is there any chance someone at the FA is looking at Spain and how they mercilessly applied their income and salary rules to Barca and think: "you know what, I'd like to be the Robin Hood who does something like that here and makes the sheikhs and the oligarchs tremble and cry." Not because they genuinely care about fairness, but more likely to make themselves feel important. Maybe FSG knows something we don't.

Everyone else is flipping the two fingers at FFP, so why not Utd?
Isn't it that this season clubs are permitted to spend what could reasonably be expected for two seasons? Not sure if that is then deducted from next season's budget. Anyone know how this is supposed to work?

I think there was something about corona virus seasons whereby a club could spend what they could spend an amount (which could be reasonably estimated) they’d earn in a normal season without breaching FFP.

Isn't it that this season clubs are permitted to spend what could reasonably be expected for two seasons? Not sure if that is then deducted from next season's budget. Anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Surely you're an FFP expert as well ?

Players should, you know, practice in order to get better everyone! Where has this genius idea come from?! They could come to the club on days where there aren’t matches, probably not to the ground itself so the grass doesn’t get chopped up and they can have more space, and they can practice doing footbally stuff to get better at it. I’m all in on this.

After Doner-Van’s revolutionary idea of employing people to seek out new players in the far flung reaches of the globe (and the Hackney Marshes), and then this quantum shifting revelation of “practicing”.... the world awaits what startling insights are to come....

Heavens above... he might even suggest employing people who “know stuff” to give these footballers a “few ideas” about how to play the game????

:)

Is anyone else suprised Moyes hasn't been backed at all this window?

Hadn't given much thought to West Ham before they won last night but going through their squad, it's all the same players from last season.

I think there was something about corona virus seasons whereby a club could spend what they could spend an amount (which could be reasonably estimated) they’d earn in a normal season without breaching FFP.
They talked about averaging 2019-20 and 2020-21 as a single period so the average overall loss wouldn't be quite so bad, but I think when they announced this that they thought the pandemic wouldn't drag on as long as it has (and they were probably expecting 2019-20 to be the bad year, when for a lot of clubs 2020-21 will have been worse because of stadium closures). There's also some adjustments that clubs can make for covid costs (which I assume means they can discount any losses they can clearly attribute to reduced revenues or enhanced costs from covid). So in theory, you could add back a normal level of match day income when calculating your profit or loss for any period affected by covid. This will obviously involve some subjectivity (e.g. City could almost double their match day income by pretending the stadium would have been full ;)).
I wouldn't be surprised to see UEFA take a light touch approach where a club fails FFP as a result of losses in the covid period, unless they were clearly taking the piss.

Is anyone else suprised Moyes hasn't been backed at all this window?

Hadn't given much thought to West Ham before they won last night but going through their squad, it's all the same players from last season.
Considering the way some on here have been going nuts that we haven't signed anyone what does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom