• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tott-ming ham H(5 May).4.30

Nah -not possible, Matip is still out.

anyway - this game is relevant if we make it impossible for Spurs to get top 4 should they lose to us, as that will mean they won't give a shit if they lost to Man City to prevent Arsenal from winning title. Yes - I don't want Arsenal to win the title.
So you want city to win the title...

Nah -not possible, Matip is still out.

anyway - this game is relevant if we make it impossible for Spurs to get top 4 should they lose to us, as that will mean they won't give a shit if they lost to Man City to prevent Arsenal from winning title. Yes - I don't want Arsenal to win the title.

Obviously if Spurs can't get top four Villa might also give less of a shit about our game at Villa Park. So it all works out

Yep. It means nothing and will be reclassified as no contest when found guilty.
If found guilty... Not that I think that they are innocent but that with good lawyers they'll cloudy waters enough to get off with most of the charges.. Will the Premier league have the balls to strip titles off them and will these last 3 or 4 titles come into play as theses only come under the refusing to engage with investigation...

If found guilty... Not that I think that they are innocent but that with good lawyers they'll cloudy waters enough to get off with most of the charges.. Will the Premier league have the balls to strip titles off them and will these last 3 or 4 titles come into play as theses only come under the refusing to engage with investigation...
They absolutely will. They cheated their way to those titles and everything that followed.

Even if they strip titles, and that is a monumental IF, it will only affect the Gerrard/Brodge 2nd (2013-14)

Even if they strip titles, and that is a monumental IF, it will only affect the Gerrard/Brodge 2nd (2013-14)
It’s bigger than that. All subsequent years are impacted. Cheating in earlier years put them in a place to “win” later titles.

Don’t the charges spread across multiple years anyway, like paying off the books as well as inflated income?

It’s bigger than that. All subsequent years are impacted. Cheating in earlier years put them in a place to “win” later titles.
Not disagreeing with you but that isn't the scope of the current charges. The league would need to file new charges for 2018 and I doubt they have the basis for it. If they did, they'd have already advised they were investigating. Given several clubs have been charged in the last few years and City not mentioned I'm pretty sure they are in the clear post 2018

Update from Klopp:
Jota still not in training. Bradley is back. Virgil is a doubt after missing training this week.

Key quotes from Jurgen's pre Spurs game presser:

Klopp on being congratulated for CL place: I felt exactly the same last night. I was really happy. It's an achievement three games before end of season - but does it feel like that to everyone? Maybe not. But that's how perspective can change

Klopp: For a while it looked like we could stay in the race longer, and it was definitely possible but for different reasons it didn't work out. But third place between two teams who have done really well... it's not over yet, but it looks like it is. The pressure is off now

Klopp: It would be nice if we could go back playing football again. It has been very tense the last few weeks and intense, it didn't work out too well after a long, long season. But start of season, everybody knew how important CL was and we did it, super important for the club

Klopp on Salah spat summing up frustration in club: It's completely resolved, no problem. If we didn't know each other that long, I'm not sure how we'd deal with it. But we respect each other so it's really no problem. We are absolutely fine with it. It's a non-story

Klopp on injuries: Diogo is not in team training yet, Conor is. Virgil wasn't. We will see if he can be part of team training today

Klopp: The boys have had a few days off which is really important. They could have a proper training session which is unusual now. Training helps good coaches and good players massively

Klopp urges English football to decrease the intensity of fixture scheduling and points at the fact no teams are in a European final. "I had a conversation with my favourite TV channel which I'll never watch again, TNT," he laughs.
Says they can remove him from their list of subscribers.

Klopp: "The premier league is NOT overrated, the players are overworked."

Klopp: Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday 12.30pm is a crime. I was expecting Amnesty International... We had the quickest turnaround in games in the whole world. It was insane
"I'd love to be in the room when they say 'Liverpool at 12:30 again'

Klopp: "I cannot forget the Tottenham game. It was obviously not their fault that night, but I would like to win that game for 500 reasons and that we lost there and the way we lost is one of them."
"The other night for the first time since, Simon Hooper was standing next to me for 90 minutes in a game I didn't enjoy in the first place at Everton, he was the ref that night. I tried to get it out of my head but couldn't"

Jurgen Klopp on TNT:
"Will there be a lawsuit because I mentioned them in a negative way?"

Klopp: "Yesterday I got an award from the PFA, im not sure what it was, I think it was for speaking up for players."

Klopp on becoming football administrator: I never thought about it but they will need people of a normal age, knowing the business. Imagine me becoming FIFA president - obviously a well-paid job which is why they want to do it! But no

Klopp on Salah future and importance of keeping him: "It's not my subject anymore. I don't think I should speak about it, others will decide that, especially Mo. Those decisions will be made by other people."
"It's not my subject anymore, the player he is, is incredible. I don't have any signs [that he will leave]."

1714729919338.png

Not disagreeing with you but that isn't the scope of the current charges. The league would need to file new charges for 2018 and I doubt they have the basis for it. If they did, they'd have already advised they were investigating. Given several clubs have been charged in the last few years and City not mentioned I'm pretty sure they are in the clear post 2018
They.re not in the clear post 2018. 35 of the 115 charges are for failure to co-operate with PL investigations for periods after 2018. They are not subject to specific charges for those years because they haven’t given the PL the info they need. If they are convicted for 2018 and prior it is almost inevitable that they will get done for the later years too.
And the basis for post 2018 is that they are probably doing the same shit (suppressing costs, artificially boosting revenues), it’s just that the league don’t have any evidence either way, but they clearly suspect it.
Mono’s point about cheating themselves into the position is valid too, albeit more difficult to prove.
EDIT - slight error in the above, the failure to co-operate charges relate to failure to co-operate with investigations into earlier years - ie after December 2018 they stopped assisting the PL with on-going investigations into periods from 2009-2018. They haven’t been charged in respect of their accounts for any period after 2018, but I believe that’s because the PL just don’t know enough about those years, and they will surely investigate if they are found guilty for earlier years. Same point as above, just slightly different scope of the 35 charges to what I said above.
Sorry, it’s late and I’ve had a stressful day.

Last edited:
They.re not in the clear post 2028. 35 of the 115 charges are for failure to co-operate with PL investigations for periods after 2018. They are not subject to specific charges for those years because they haven’t given the PL the info they need. If they are convicted for 2018 and prior it is almost inevitable that they will get done for the later years too.
And the basis for post 2018 is that they are probably doing the same shit (suppressing costs, artificially boosting revenues), it’s just that the league don’t have any evidence either way, but they clearly suspect it.
Mono’s point about cheating themselves into the position is valid too, albeit more difficult to prove.

Won't the failure to cooperate charges extend till now?

Back
Top Bottom