• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely watch any football at all so I have no idea who the best midfielders in the world are supposed to be, apart from De Bruyne. Would prob. still say Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo and Gerrard if someone asked me about it. So who is there, really?

Same for me. I only really watch Liverpool games (although he was good v Chelsea).

I also remember the adulation for Şahin on here when he signed, so I will wait and see him play before getting too excited.

Interesting discussion on there re. Best team in Europe (Bayern, PSG, LFC - Interestingly they left City out). This from a Leverkusen fan :

Paris has the best attacking line but has many players that fall short quality wise. Paredes, Bernat, Navas, Herrera and Florenzi aren't CL contender quality. Bayern vs Liverpool is interesting but in total I'd give it to Liverpool. Their defense is something else, Mane and Salah are top 10 players in the world and with Thiago, their midfield is a true gem, too. They've assembled an amazing team for relatively small money.

One of the Staff Moderators : It's the best starting 11 in football for me.

Meanwhile on this forum this team will just about stave off relegation from the posts over the past few weeks

Liverpool expect him to complete the final stages of the medical process on Friday with their own doctors, and could then unveil him before the weekend.
That would rule him out of being part of Jurgen Klopp’s squad to face Chelsea on Sunday, but intriguingly, he could be given the chance to get some match fitness in the EFL Cup visit to lowly Lincoln next Thursday.

Last edited:
In total agreeance with you

He will improve us no doutb, but calling the best midfielder in the world simply because we have signed him is way overboard
It’s the Sky pundit that tweeted that you negative fucking bellend, not a Liverpool fan. I realise this signing is really disappointing for you given your wholesale commitment to negativity, but have a few minutes off

Andy would make a terrible spy

If sources are to be believed Werner is on twice Thiagos salary at Chelsea, I wonder how much that had to do with the outcome.

Thiago is a monster, everybody should be made up that weve signed him. The intriguing part is that this is a very clear hint that Klopp is trying to evolve the tactical set up of the team rather than just go again with the same options.

I think it might take a while before we see him start due to having no preseason, but once hes available it will be very interesting to see how he fits and who makes way.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-thiago-22701298
[article]They will pay £20m, with a further £5m depending on bonuses related to success in the Champions League and Premier League, but only if Thiago plays a significant role.

There will also be further payments depending on individual awards, such the Ballon d’Or or Premier League Player of the Year.

And more importantly for Liverpool’s ownership - who have urged transfer market caution in the uncertain financial landscape of a football economy blighted by the Coronavirus crisis - they will pay in instalments over the course of the four year deal.

[/article]
If we end up paying much more, than at least it would have been worthwhile. :cool:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Based off the last 12 months, can you make a world 11 and leave Thiago out of a midfield 3?

It'd probably be:

Thiago (DM)
KDB (CM)
1 of Fernandes/Kimmich/Goretzka/Muller/Henderson/Kovacic/Kroos (DM/CM/AM)

So is he better than KDB is the only thing standing between him and "the best midfielder in the world" title.

It's hardly hyperbole to discuss it. Where was KDB in the CL, League, FA cup? He only won a fucking league cup.. got plenty of assists in the league yes.. but his team went missing and waved the white flag in January for crying out loud.

Thiago helped his side win a treble.

It's hardly controversial calling him the best.

He's fucking brilliant. This is a great signing. I was concerned about the front three this season as I was getting the feeling teams were figuring out how to nullify them. But with Thiago providing an alternative form of ammunition I think this changes things up a lot more and will add a lot more variation to our game. He's great to watch as well.

Hopefully we announce Thiago before #10 announces lockdown which would throw a spanner in the works for assuming people might return to anfield any time soon

We won’t see crowds this year. Maybe even for the whole season. That’s why we are selling Brewster to buy Thiago.

Twatter folk saying he's taking a paycut to join and isn't on the crazy wages rumoured weeks/months back.

Didi seems to resent Klopp a teensy bit. I don't know if he's upset he's not our main German any more or he's just broke and needs to make a mark with his punditry, but he's gone all Steve Nicol in his moaning. He was complaining that Werner wasn't that good until Chelski beat us to it, then he suddenly decided Werner was very good after all. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom