• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m speculating here, but could they have a centre half lined up for January and thought plugging the gap for 2 1/2 months is better than spending an extra £15 million or whatever this window?

Don't like the idea of Fabinho plugging holes in the back. Just play the best players in their best positions.

No, I am not keen on that either. Mind you, I probably have a natural aversion to midfielders filling in at centre back becauxe it brings back memories of Biscan and Diao. The difference of course is that they were shit and Fabinho is good.

I would probably be less concerned if he was likely to only be needed rarely, but I think it's fairly likely that both Matip and Gomez will be injured at the same time at some point this season.

I have to say, this wasn't me being jinxy this time. I was just passing along what I've been told. The club is obviously being very careful what they let out these days after the whole Van Dijk debacle.

Ive long since given up believing 'breaking news' from people who claim to be ITK, whether thats a journo or a nameless twitter profile. it also seems to me people closely linked to the club will just parrot the official line and if the club wants to deny a story, regardless of its truth, then thats what their media contacts will do.

I'd take that Fabinho argument as a short term solution, waiting to see what's happening with Covid or waiting to get to January when a target is available.

It's not ideal, but I'd have taken Thiago any day over making a short term Klavan-like signing to plug a gap, even if it is a more troublesome position for us.

Who will go to make space for Thiago is the thing...

Can't see it being Jones. At 19 playing well in the squad, had some great games and scored one or two top goals

I would like to see us sell The Ox. Even before his string of injuries should little went starting, seems only good for 20 mins a game, then disappears for the rest of it

Shaqiri... can play play well if given time on the ball, can see and pick out a quaility pass in attack, also as a eye for goal...But seems to be under valued and under used by Klopp. So sell

Gini... Would like to keep, offers something different from Thiago, but I believe that the talk of a new contract was just that.Talk... First to secure Thiago, and secondly to try and squeeze that little bit extra for Barca.

The fact that it was widely reported that Gini had agree personal terms with Barca, forced Liverpool to supposably enter into contract talks with Gini, where as in reality he was leaving for Barca

So I believe that it will be Gini we sold, But don't be suprise to see both AOC and Shaqiri go too if offers come in

Last edited:
I have to say, this wasn't me being jinxy this time. I was just passing along what I've been told. The club is obviously being very careful what they let out these days after the whole Van Dijk debacle.
I just listened to the Blood Red podcast about this, and the Echo staff have deffo been peddling a Liverpool line. For months they, led by TPG< have been saying "Thiago is not an active target" (their exact words, repeated ad nauseum) then in their podcast today they said "As we have previously said, Liverpool had not yet started talks with Bayern, but now they have" A wold of difference between "not an active target" and "not yet in talks" ... nice bit of word play and falsification of history there

TBF - PTG is alright, its that new verbal diarrhea extremist Matt Addison that winds me up. Probably because he makes a big deal of the fact he is an amateur referee ... figures

So...

-----------------------Allison---------------------
Trent------Gomez--------Virgil-------Robbo
------------Thiago-------Fabinho--------------
-------------------Henderson-------------------
-----Salah----------Firmino--------Mane----

It would probably be Keita ideally in that forward midfield role, or maybe even Minamino in some games, with Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago and Gini alternating in the two deeper midfield roles. And I'm guessing it's a more "solid" three in the big games, from Hendo/Thiago/Fabs/Gini.

Thiago will not just bring what he does best to the midfield, but it should also change the midfield dynamic. A lot more ability to dictate and control the tempo, but to quickly convert defense to attack, which Salah and Mane should thrive on.

88e80ff2a2dbac3d7aad36ba5a120665.jpg

5d49d51d4532e8a7621157ecc47e935e.jpg

To be fair he’s right - Thiago is very close.

About 30 miles up the road close.

I’m speculating here, but could they have a centre half lined up for January and thought plugging the gap for 2 1/2 months is better than spending an extra £15 million or whatever this window?
I don't think there's any good enough CB's out there.

So we pay 12-15m for a CB that Klopp won't trust, we lose a CB for 3 months, & Klopp would still put Fabinho in there cos he wouldn't trust the backup CB anyway.

Made up about this, absolutely made up. The guy is class on a stick, a top bloke as well as a top player going by what Bayern have said about him, mustard keen to come here, excellent English already, Brazilian teammates already here and doing well to help him settle in, Manc fans well naffed off - what's not to like? :D

I mean Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Gini, Thiago, Ox, Jones is tremendous strength it depth.

In that group we've got all rounders, attacking minded midfielders, dribblers and generally just enough options to combat a season filled with matches and an especially busy first 6 months to the season.

It's exactly the strength and depth Champions should have.

Now lets get another forward and some defensive cover and have the league sewn up by March once more pretty please - I totally enjoyed giving zero fucks about whatever Man City managed or didn't (lol)

Made up about this, absolutely made up. The guy is class on a stick, a top bloke as well as a top player going by what Bayern have said about him, mustard keen to come here, excellent English already, Brazilian teammates already here and doing well to help him settle in, Manc fans well naffed off - what's not to like? :D

Exactly!

We've had a genuine world class player come out and openly declare he want to join us. I don't even think he was on our radar until that moment. It's like we had no choice but to buy him as he's a genuine upgrade.

Remember the days we used to sign "boyhood reds" like Charlie Adam after one good game against us?

Today is a landmark moment. We're signing who is currently widely accepted as world class. When was the last time that happened?

Everyone in recent memory was either recognised as a world class talent (Torres/Mascherano), or made a name for themselves here as world class player (basically everyone else).

I mean Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Gini, Thiago, Ox, Jones is tremendous strength it depth.

In that group we've got all rounders, attacking minded midfielders, dribblers and generally just enough options to combat a season filled with matches and an especially busy first 6 months to the season.

Now lets get another forward and some defensive cover and have the league sewn up by March once more pretty please - I totally enjoyed giving zero fucks about whatever Man City managed or didn't (lol)

I think with the depth in midfield, it might enable us to genuinely use Fabinho now as a 4th choice CB.

Hendo/Thiago can both play a DM role.

I think it's good window if we sign a forward player who can cover Mane/Salah.

Hopefully he can maintain his current level / fitness. That's really the only worry with this.

It'll be nice to have more options now.

Yep, First Werner absolutely gagging to join us and then Thiago in his prime, at the current Champions of Europe turning down a big renewal to join us.

It's far cry from that joker who's entourage wanted more Euros before he signed a couple of summers ago or the other dross we've been in for in recent years

In an alternate time line where we didn't get Klopp I dread to think what state the club would be in but Im fairly sure we've all witnessed the club be in whatever state that would equate to, Were actually blessed to have the best coach in the world and absolutely world class players in just about every position.

And Minamino to that list.

Reactions: HC
I think largely those sort of comparisons between players playing for different sides in radically different leagues is largely irrelevant but its definitely an impressive starting point.

He's defo a baller and we've not had one of those in the middle of the park in yonks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom