• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we currently have Hendo, Fabs, Gini, Keita, Milner, Ox, Jones and Grujic. There arent enough games to go round as it is. If Thiago joins Id expect at least one midfielder to go, more likely 2.
There are plenty of games to go around when considering subs on/off, CL, Community, Super Cup, FAC and LC. Grujic will be sold, Millie isn't capable of 90 mins any more and Jones has only just broken into the squad. So basically 4 midfielders for 3 slots most games. Add in an injury or two and ... we need two more midfielders to bring us up to what is required for a 6 trophies chasing season.

There are plenty of games to go around when considering subs on/off, CL, Community, Super Cup, FAC and LC. Grujic will be sold, Millie isn't capable of 90 mins any more and Jones has only just broken into the squad. So basically 4 midfielders for 3 slots most games. Add in an injury or two and ... we need two more midfielders to bring us up to what is required for a 6 trophies chasing season.

Our team will never commit to the other domestic cups.

Chelsea, City, Arsenal Utd are all in the same boat as far as the lost revenues goes due to the pandemic yet the are still investing in player, as said we have just come off the back of winning the CL,Super Cup,WCC and the Premier League you can not tell me that we have not made at least £200m in revenue through sells of merchandise etc all the shirts bought when we won the sixth CL (Even if you just had an extra star added to you old shirt, then the WCC bagde, and now the Champions symbol, bagde etc...

Even Arsenal are looking to spend £100m... Maybe if finishing in the bottom two or three in American sports meant you were religated to a second tier these cunts would invest more in the manager and club...

In a very extreme and tiny way I would love to see if we were religated next season, and stayed down for the season after that if FSG would still be here, I am guessing it would be a big fat No

Say what now? You’d like to see us get relegated because...

Our team will never commit to the other domestic cups.
We will still need squad midfielders to play ... as we did last season.

FAC + LC : 17 starts 3 subs
Ox : 2 starts 2 subs
Millie : 3-1
Fabs : 2-0
Keita : 2-0
Jones : 4-0
Lallana : 4-0

Please explain how our circumstances are the same as city, Chelsea and Arsenal. Have they developed their own infrastructure? Do they have the same wage structure as us? Do we have a massive pile of cash from last seasons player sales? Did we receive any extra money from NB for extra merchandise?

You’re being ridiculous over this. Just calm down. We don’t need massive money pumped in to the squad. We need 3 or 4 squad players. Hopefully Lewis is one of those.

We just won’t go out and spunk a hundred million quid on a credit card just for the sake of doing so. That’s not how this club works.

I said that it was simular in respect of they have all lost money in lossing gate revenue...

City,Utd Chelsea all have owners who will back them in the transfer maket, Arsenal not so much, but we have owners that will not give us extra money unless we sell

I said that it was simular in respect of they have all lost money in lossing gate revenue...

City,Utd Chelsea all have owners who will back them in the transfer maket, Arsenal not so much, but we have owners that will not give us extra money unless we sell

There you have it. We cannot spend what we do not have.

Chelsea, City, Arsenal Utd are all in the same boat as far as the lost revenues goes due to the pandemic yet the are still investing in player, as said we have just come off the back of winning the CL,Super Cup,WCC and the Premier League you can not tell me that we have not made at least £200m in revenue through sells of merchandise etc all the shirts bought when we won the sixth CL (Even if you just had an extra star added to you old shirt, then the WCC bagde, and now the Champions symbol, bagde etc...

Even Arsenal are looking to spend £100m... Maybe if finishing in the bottom two or three in American sports meant you were religated to a second tier these cunts would invest more in the manager and club...

In a very extreme and tiny way I would love to see if we were religated next season, and stayed down for the season after that if FSG would still be here, I am guessing it would be a big fat No

Relegated? Hahah

There are games, sure, but it’s more a question of who is sitting on the bench more often than not.

The likes of Thiago are not coming to play second fiddle to anyone so that means we are relegating one of the existing lot to the bench.

The club has -40m net spend so far.
Wilson £17m
Shaq £22m
Larouci £5m
Origi £22m
Grujic £20m
Woodburn £5m
Karius £3m

These are all assets the club could sell so why is funding Thiago's transfer so difficult?
The real reason could be it's LFC's cash keeping a float the other parts of the business.

Maybe you should email the board and let them know so we can get some transfers done.
There really is no point in arguing with him.

We’ve been through the doubling of the wage bill, the uncertainty in the transfer market And player valuations, and the catastrophic impact of COVID on our cash flow, but we’re essentially still in the place of “waaaaaaaah, Chelsea and Man City’s billionaires are spending loads why can’t we waaaaaaah” and he isn’t going to move on.

There are games, sure, but it’s more a question of who is sitting on the bench more often than not.

The likes of Thiago are not coming to play second fiddle to anyone so that means we are relegating one of the existing lot to the bench.
Maybe that is Gini's problem, he wants to see who comes in before committing. However the likely 3 from 5 starters would be Hendo, Thiago, Fabs, Keita and Gini. With injuries and the amount of games we are going to play I can't see that enough games would be an issue for any of them. We showed clear signs of tiredness in a few positions last season.

Wilson £17m
Shaq £22m
Larouci £5m
Origi £22m
Grujic £20m
Woodburn £5m
Karius £3m

These are all assets the club could sell so why is funding Thiago's transfer so difficult?
The real reason could be it's LFC's cash keeping a float the other parts of the business.

Ever since LFC message boards started, there have always been posts like this. In fact, I think my earliest memory of LFC message boards went something along the lines of

Jon Welsh £10m, Richie Partridge £7m, Darren Potter £6m, Heskey £9m, Houllier is Zidane's kid's godfather discount -£2m.

More than enough money to make a bid for Zidane at £25m-£30m.

Do transfers ever happen according to such arithmetic?

Wilson £17m
Shaq £22m
Larouci £5m
Origi £22m
Grujic £20m
Woodburn £5m
Karius £3m

Where does -£40 million come from? Genuine question, by the way.

We (FSG) spent about the same on transfers in the 18/19 season as the total under Hicks and Gillette.
But its not really comparable anyway.
FSG have expanded the stadium, gotten us Klopp, won the league and CL, created one of the best teams in the World and without crippling us with debt.
The other two were just two clowns who nearly whiped us off the face of the earth.

We (FSG) spent about the same on transfers in the 18/19 season as the total under Hicks and Gillette.
But its not really comparable anyway.
FSG have expanded the stadium, gotten us Klopp, won the league and CL, created one of the best teams in the World and without crippling us with debt.
The other two were just two clowns who nearly whiped us off the face of the earth.

Having £140m in the bank from Barca for Coutinho the previous January, and having another CL campaign to look forward to didn't half help matters in terms of summer of 2018 spending.
I don't like them myself, never have. I don't expect spending like City United Chelsea to name 3, but I've no time for them running the Club on a shoestring. They've done it since they got here to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom