• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Derry Perve

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Former Northern Ireland international footballer Paddy McCourt has been found guilty of sexual assault.
McCourt of Wheatfield Court in Muff, County Donegal, was accused of inappropriately touching a woman in a city centre bar in Londonderry in January 2022.
The 39-year-old, who also played for Celtic and Derry City in his career, had denied the charge against him.
McCourt will be sentenced on 7 July.

On Wednesday District Judge Ted Magill ruled that while there were "discrepancies" in some of the witness accounts this happens.
After a two-day hearing at Londonderry Magistrates' Court, during which the victim and McCourt both gave evidence, the judge dismissed the defence's claims that the police investigation had been flawed because they did not arrest and take DNA samples from another man in the bar that night.

The judge said that the actions of the other man in the case "were not consistent" with him having committed the offence.
He added that "it follows it can't be anyone other than the defendant" who carried out the assault.
The former footballer was released on bail.
McCourt played 18 times for Northern Ireland, scoring two goals, and was a Celtic player between 2008 and 2013.

Honestly i thought this thread was about Brendan Rodgers even though he’s not from Derry

Don't forget the annual Queen of Muff.

I'm not kidding when I say this. My grandparents met a dancehall in Muff in the 1920's (grandmother from Derry). Without the Town off Muff, I'd have no stuff.

Don't forget the annual Queen of Muff.

I'm not kidding when I say this. My grandparents met a dancehall in Muff in the 1920's (grandmother from Derry). Without the Town off Muff, I'd have no stuff.
TBF i don't think any of us would be here without Muff

What is that mythical town mentioned in the first sentence (not Muff)? No free stats Taytos for the journalist.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, there is a scuba club based in Muff, and yes - they are called "Muff Divers"
I'm afraid the 'Muff Divers' were a mere myth. However there is a "Top" petrol garage that used to sell 'Top Muff' keyrings but alas they are a thing of the past.

Meanwhile, moving forward, in Oklahoma -

AF1QipMAlvmXMuxl0heCFbhBBlv--1c7OmiVP7p4xtdr=w325-h218-n-k-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom