• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Studge ordered to pay $30,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
[article]
Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has been ordered to pay $30,000 (£22,400) to a man who says he found his lost dog.

The footballer, who now plays in Australia, said his Pomeranian named Lucci was stolen from a house in Los Angeles in 2019 and offered a reward.

Foster Washington, a rapper known as Killa Fame, says he reunited Mr Sturridge and his pet but was not paid.

A Los Angeles court ruled for Mr Washington.

Court documents obtained by the PA News agency show that judgement was given against Mr Sturridge by default, meaning he did not respond to the complaint.

Judge Curtis Kin ordered that the footballer must pay Mr Washington $30,000 in damages and costs of $85.

The rapper told PA he felt "let down" by Mr Sturridge.

"Hopefully he pays up and doesn't try to appeal it," he said.

"I'm excited about it, I've been fighting this case for over a year, I can't believe it's over. When we found the dog I thought my life was going to be better."

Ex-England international Mr Sturridge, who is 32 and now plays for Perth Glory in Australia's A-League, posted videos of damage at his West Hollywood home and CCTV images of three hooded men in 2019 when Lucci went missing.

"We will pay anything for the dog," he said. "Whoever brings my dog back, 20 grand, 30 grand, whatever."

The footballer was reunited with his dog two days later, after Mr Washington posted images from his Twitter account, asking: "Is this Lucci?"
After the missing Pomeranian was returned, Mr Sturridge said he was "so thankful" to people who had "raised awareness", but did not say whether he had paid the reward.

The footballer's representatives were not immediately available for comment following the judgement but have been contacted

[/article]

Dunno why he wouldn't now stick by his words....unless he thought the dog genuinely wouldn't have been found.

What an idiot-- or did he think the finder was the burglar? Either way, he should have honoured his promise.

Yeah, doesn't help the guy was a known rapper and not some old lady bypassing.

Yeah he claimed he had pictures and documents that prove it, on a website that's very easy to post pictures and documents on.

If what he says it's true..

He is being scammed essentially by the person who has a connection to who stole his dog .

These breeds would be targeted. They fetch quite a high fee, once he announced a reward, just send some kid with his pooch to grab the attention of Studge..

Scam done.

Why he did not respond to the claim, is the only question..

Bad Legal advice ?

If what he says it's true..

He is being scammed essentially by the person who has a connection to who stole his dog .

These breeds would be targeted. They fetch quite a high fee, once he announced a reward, just send some kid with his pooch to grab the attention of Studge..

Scam done.

Why he did not respond to the claim, is the only question..

Bad Legal advice ?
Wouldn't be the first time.

It did seem a bit pat that the pooch was found and returned so soon afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom