• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea Fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More insight and precision analysis from Empire of the Kop :

“We can’t see John Henry and co. cashing in anytime soon, but when the time does come for them to move on, they will be expecting a serious amount of money.”

That’s up there with “we should consider a top manager to replace Klopp when he leaves”.

Whatever next - “we should consider signing someone who’s good at scoring goals as a replacement for Salah?”.

i can’t see us signing a replacement for Virgil soon but when we do I expect us to sign someone tall

They've asked the FA if their FA cup match against Boro can be played behind closed doors for "sporting integrity".

Fucking shysters man. Very much doubt they'd offer it if it was a home game

I for one would very much love to see the FA grant their request. Let us pray there is some way they can bend the plain reading of their rules to allow this thing to pass.

Just so we understand, £1bn plus of financial doping DOES NOT affect sporting integrity.
Not having a few arseholes in the ground chanting Roman Abramovich's name DOES affect sporting integrity.
OK, got it. Cheers for clearing that up lads.

Haha so it’s ok for their season ticket holders to attend but not boros

Analysis
BBC sports editor Dan Roan
Within government I am told by one senior source that there is "exasperation" at what was described to me as a "tin-eared request" by Chelsea to play the match behind closed doors.
Officials feel they are bending over backwards to allow Chelsea to play with a special license when other businesses in similar circumstances would not have received such assistance, and that they have been listening to the club's concerns.
But the feeling within Whitehall is that Chelsea are now trying to penalise other clubs for the predicament that they are in, and are mystified they are prioritising tickets and travel arrangements.
I am told Chelsea wanted 4,000 fans at Middlesbrough rather than the 500 they were due to have, and that this is seen as "throwing their toys out of the pram" at the first opportunity.

Doesn't sound like there will be much sympathy for Chelsea here, the fucking chancers. This will not have other clubs regarding them kindly going forward.

20220315_144016.jpg

They are banned from making money right? So they can have their 4000 fans, but all the ticket proceeds go to Boro, or a Ukrainian appeal

Fact is none of those fans will turn up anyway as they are not allowed to buy plastic flags, nor are Chelsea allowed to give them away.

The apologists on twitter keep saying "we tried to give the tickets away for free, but the fa won't answer if we can".

Fucking can anyone find any evidence that they tried to give the tickets out for free

Worth pointing out that the gate money for an FA Cup game is shared so Chelsea would get half of the total ticket sales anyway (I don’t think the licence cuts across that). In that light, it’s interesting that they want a behind closed doors game - they’d be worse off financially (which is obviously a problem right now) so they must be genuinely worried about losing the game. The sporting integrity thing is clearly PR bullshit and good for Boro for calling it out as such.

The apologists on twitter keep saying "we tried to give the tickets away for free, but the fa won't answer if we can".

Fucking can anyone find any evidence that they tried to give the tickets out for free
I read about in the Guardian before I saw it on here :

They are also annoyed that their request to give away tickets for the Middlesbrough game for free did not receive a response from the Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI).

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-cup-tie-behind-closed-doors-roman-abramovich

Worth pointing out that the gate money for an FA Cup game is shared so Chelsea would get half of the total ticket sales anyway (I don’t think the licence cuts across that). In that light, it’s interesting that they want a behind closed doors game - they’d be worse off financially (which is obviously a problem right now) so they must be genuinely worried about losing the game. The sporting integrity thing is clearly PR bullshit and good for Boro for calling it out as such.
And in no uncertain terms - he totally rimmed them !

Championship club Middlesbrough said they would challenge the "bizarre" and "ironic" request - which was set to be discussed at an FA meeting on Wednesday - "in the strongest possible terms".
Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson told the Athletic: "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.
"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.
"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?
"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."
Chelsea Supporters' Trust had earlier asked the club to withdraw the request, saying it "does not benefit" any fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom