• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

There’s a successful German manager that’s free in a week or so….
They would love him, but I have this feeling that Jurgen ain't that loved in Germany (by footballers) - if I was a player I would not want to play for him - especially if I was a midfielder - I mean who the fuck wants to run around like a dog in every game.

They would love him, but I have this feeling that Jurgen ain't that loved in Germany (by footballers) - if I was a player I would not want to play for him - especially if I was a midfielder - I mean who the fuck wants to run around like a dog in every game.
Players who are not superbly talented are usually more than happy to compensate by work-rate if it helps them compete for trophies.

Yes - the highest example....Henderson.
Or Sven Bender in his Dortmund spell. Although of course it’s oversimplifying - Klopp has shown ability to motivate just about anyone.

It’s harder to do for longer spells though. There were several points in Klopp’s tenure where you could see the team kind of collectively (with a few exceptions) decided to stop running - like a subconscious rebellion or realuzation they cannot do it any longer.

He does not strike me as the type of DM that Slot uses though. More a ball carrier than a n organiser.

I do think we should go back in for Andre Trindade

He has a year left on his contract... If hughes wants him, he will go for him. The rumours are Koopmieners is top target with Inacio which will cost about £100m in total.
Koopmeiners can play (DM/CM/AM), its a player I wanted for a couple of seasons
Sounds like another Mac Allister.

Sounds like another Mac Allister.

He's played about 50% of the games in his career as a CDM though and will be more suited for that role.
Enjoying his best football as an attacking midfielder now so that could be a risk obviously.

Probably think we should look elsewhere.

Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian has expressed a will to play in Spain before he retires.

The veteran has been enjoying himself at the Anfield club over the past few years as a backup.

The 37-year-old, who has been with Liverpool for the past five seasons, wants a short stint in his homeland before he retires.

“I would like to return to La Liga after 11 seasons in the Premier League," said Adrian to Mucho Deporte.

"It would be the end of a cycle. I'm still ready to compete. I feel very good despite being 37.

“You know that goalkeepers, if you take good care of yourself, if you haven't had any serious injuries lately and you're fine, the daily training gives you that intensity that makes you compete.

“I think Adrian has a long time left and it's true that I would like to return to La Liga. It has to be a nice, interesting project."

Adrian added: “I haven't sat down with Liverpool yet either. I don't rule out that we could have a pending conversation, but it is true that we will be looking out of the corner of our eye to see what happens in La Liga."

Celtic, Liverpool and Newcastle United are among the three teams chasing Southampton's Alex McCarthy.

The veteran shot stopper is on the market as his contract expires at the end of the season.

Per The Mail, the veteran is not likely to renew his deal, as he may be ready for a move.

The Reds and Newcastle are both seeking the veteran for a backup no.2 role next season.

Celtic is the club where he may get the most game time, as they are losing Joe Hart this summer.

However, McCarthy may find the chance to play for Liverpool too good an opportunity to turn down.

McCarthy makes sort of sense as a third keeper replacing Adrian.

Frees up on OS spot and we would have Kelleher or Jaros as a number 2.

He has a year left on his contract... If hughes wants him, he will go for him. The rumours are Koopmieners is top target with Inacio which will cost about £100m in total.
Koopmeiners can play (DM/CM/AM), its a player I wanted for a couple of seasons

I’d be surprised if we didn’t go fir Weiffer - seems he’s very much in the Rodri mold and obviously familiar with Slot’s system.

We’ve been linked before - as has Koopmeiners.

I reckon Thuram is agent talk.

Luis Díaz wants to leave Liverpool to join Barcelona.
@mundodeportivo

Think he leaves this summer. Loads of paper and agent talk, but think he'll be sold.
Its probably the right time to that as well.

Luis Díaz wants to leave Liverpool to join Barcelona.
@mundodeportivo

Think he leaves this summer. Loads of paper and agent talk, but think he'll be sold.
Its probably the right time to that as well.
If he is pushing for the move he is cnut. The club did a lot along with the Columbian agency, and I know someone who knows the Ambessador he didn't show any appreciation post event.

If he is pushing for the move he is cnut. The club did a lot along with the Columbian agency, and I know someone who knows the Ambessador he didn't show any appreciation post event.

I think we're covertly generating half the bullshit out there ourselves because we're happy to sell.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-among-saudi-pro-leagues-top-transfer-targets

Clubs in the Saudi Pro League will pursue another wave of big-name transfers this summer in an attempt to increase its profile, with Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Alisson among the Premier League players being targeted. It is understood there are also plans to increase competitiveness in the league by attracting private businesses to sponsor clubs who are not backed by the country’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).

Only the Premier League spent more on transfers in the 2023 summer window than the Saudi Pro League, with almost 100 overseas players moving there at a cost of roughly £750m. But while not all of those have been successful, with Jordan Henderson having cut short his stay at Al-Ettifaq after six months, sources in Saudi Arabia have said there is increasing confidence the league can continue to attract the best players from Europe.

Salah, the subject of a £150m bid from Al-Ittihad last summer that was rejected by Liverpool, is said to be an “obvious target”, while the Brazil goalkeeper Allison – whose contract at Anfield expires in 2027 – is also thought to be of interest to several Saudi clubs. Manchester United’s Casemiro and Raphaël Varane, who confirmed on Tuesday he will leave Old Trafford at the end of the season, are among the other Premier League players to have been linked with moves in recent days.

In January, the former Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte claimed “there are many players that are discontented” in the Pro League after his move to Al-Nassr. While there is understood to be recognition among club officials in Saudi Arabia that settling in the country can be a challenge for some players, it is hoped the opening of the first of 50 planned exclusive resorts in the Red Sea last year will help attract them. Salah, whose Liverpool deal runs until June 2025, is believed to be receptive to a move given he goes on holiday to nearby Hurghada in his native Egypt every summer.

The quota for foreign players in the Pro League has been extended from eight to 10 for next season, although two of those must be under the age of 21. That means most clubs will have to make room for any new signings by moving players, with league officials keen to improve the overall strength of the competition by helping some of the smaller clubs to improve their squads.

Last July, PIF, which also owns a majority stake in Newcastle, took control of four sides – Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr and Al-Hilal – as part of an ambitious government initiative to help develop the country’s domestic league into one of the top 10 in the world. The state-backed oil company Aramco bought a stake in Al-Qadsia, who were promoted this season, while other government-affiliated companies have also invested in Pro League clubs.

But there is a recognition among league officials that to create a strong competition requires more investment in its other clubs, with average attendances for six of them having been well below 4,000 last season. It is hoped a change to Saudi Arabia’s Code of Law Practice, which came into effect in December, that requires foreign companies to register their businesses in the country rather than overseas will attract investment for some of the smaller clubs, with local companies also being encouraged to come forward.

“It is important that the Saudi Pro League offers a real test to any players who come here and to do that we must improve the overall standards,” said one source.

Back
Top Bottom