• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who will be our new Left Back?

Has this thread developed into a why Klopp was shit and I never liked him to Slot will fail 'cos reasons?

Psychologists wet dream?

Oh yeah, left back? er dunno my data's corrupted.
I doubt anyone thinks Klopp is shit and never liked him. I’ve said from day 1 I’m very worried about Slot but would love to be wrong there. So hard to follow Klopp regardless.
No need for a left back. Robbo is superb.

Except it’s not clearly by what we have seen in the last 6 weeks. You just don’t want to admit it, whether it’s because it paints Klopp in a less than God like light or because I’m the one saying it.
Klopp is responsible for everyone that looks after the team including the medical team. The buck stops with him.
I don’t blame him for going for everything at the start of the season as nobody expected us to be with any chance of winning the league but once it was clear we did have a real shot, everything should have been done to try and win which included sacrificing the cups.

We didn’t and paid the price. Still a good season but an opportunity missed and that’s ultimately on Klopp.
Klopp did adapt style it wasn't as pressing as few years ago to suit older legs. Edward wanted more churn, so players like Hendo would have been sold but Klopp did not like the churn and favoured continuity even if it meant a dip in quality.
As I said, keep Robbo if you must but at the very least bring in competition even if it means we lose Tsimikas.

Except it’s not clearly by what we have seen in the last 6 weeks. You just don’t want to admit it, whether it’s because it paints Klopp in a less than God like light or because I’m the one saying it.
Klopp is responsible for everyone that looks after the team including the medical team. The buck stops with him.
I don’t blame him for going for everything at the start of the season as nobody expected us to be with any chance of winning the league but once it was clear we did have a real shot, everything should have been done to try and win which included sacrificing the cups.

We didn’t and paid the price. Still a good season but an opportunity missed and that’s ultimately on Klopp.

The reason I’m saying it’s utter bollocks is because it’s utter bollocks.

You play to win every game - anything less would be a disgrace.

The blame, if it could even be called blame, lies squarely on the players missing chances to win matches they should have won - we should have beaten Utd in the cup and we should have taken more points against Utd, Palace, West Ham, City & Arsenal, to name a few, to win the league.

Blame Mo, Nunez, Diaz, Curtis & Trent for missing sitters they should have buried.

Blame Virgil, Alisson & Quansah for lapses in concentration that cost us points if you want too.

But, suggesting that we should have effectively lost cup games on purpose or that Klopp should have sent teams out to do anything less than win - utterly incomprehensible bullshit.

3w94cq.png

(Me coming in to post some more LB speculation.)

I do want to make a point about early Cup exits - I thought Klopp actually tried to lose the FA Cup game to Arsenal; the team selection and how we played showed bowing out of the competition at that stage would have been an acceptable outcome. Unfortunately for us (if Dreamy’s logic is right), this was a game Arsenal chose to self-destruct and Diaz chose to become clinical.

Last edited:

Most minutes played in the PL this year :

1st Saliba
14th Declan Rice
24th Odegaard
25th VvD
28th Gabriel
37th Saka
38th White
85th Diaz

In between White and Diaz are almost the whole teams of City and Arsenal.

You were saying?

(Me coming in to post some more LB speculation.)

I do want to make a point about early Cup exits - I thought Klopp actually tried to lose the FA Cup game to Arsenal; the team selection and how we played showed bowing out of the competition at that stage would have been an acceptable outcome. Unfortunately for us (if Dreamy’s logic is right), this was a game Arsenal chose to self-destruct and Diaz chose to become clinical.

So you're saying Diaz should have been LEFT BACK on the bench?

Got it. Finally a post on point!

The reason I’m saying it’s utter bollocks is because it’s utter bollocks.

You play to win every game - anything less would be a disgrace.

The blame, if it could even be called blame, lies squarely on the players missing chances to win matches they should have won - we should have beaten Utd in the cup and we should have taken more points against Utd, Palace, West Ham, City & Arsenal, to name a few, to win the league.

Blame Mo, Nunez, Diaz, Curtis & Trent for missing sitters they should have buried.

Blame Virgil, Alisson & Quansah for lapses in concentration that cost us points if you want too.

But, suggesting that we should have effectively lost cup games on purpose or that Klopp should have sent teams out to do anything less than win - utterly incomprehensible bullshit.
Well that tactic results in our season coming to a crashing halt.
Plenty of successful teams prioritise competitions. We haven’t and it 100% cost us.

It’s not about blaming or not blaming the players. Klopp himself said the issue is there are too many games in English football. So you either adapt or you fail. This year he failed adapt and we came crashing down as a result. Our strategy all season was high risk and we came back so many times from losing positions. The outcome was inevitable.
I still love Klopp, even if I wish he had binned everything but the league off.

Most minutes played in the PL this year :

1st Saliba
14th Declan Rice
24th Odegaard
25th VvD
28th Gabriel
37th Saka
38th White
85th Diaz

In between White and Diaz are almost the whole teams of City and Arsenal.

You were saying?
That would be awesome if we only play the PL this season and not more games than every other team yet again!!

Well that tactic results in our season coming to a crashing halt.
Plenty of successful teams prioritise competitions. We haven’t and it 100% cost us.

It’s not about blaming or not blaming the players. Klopp himself said the issue is there are too many games in English football. So you either adapt or you fail. This year he failed adapt and we came crashing down as a result. Our strategy all season was high risk and we came back so many times from losing positions. The outcome was inevitable.
I still love Klopp, even if I wish he had binned everything but the league off.

But apparently it is about blaming Klopp.

Pathetic - have a word with yourself.

And which clubs in England have prioritised any competition less than we have?

More bollocks.

That would be awesome if we only play the PL this season and not more games than every other team yet again!!

City will play more games than us this season.

Of the teams that made Europe, Newcastle will have played the least - 7 less than us.

It’s more selective bollocks from you though because we rested players in the League Cup until the Semi Finals & in the early rounds of the FA Cup. We also rotated in the early rounds of the Europa League.

Your narrative has always been based on selective bullshit.

If you start digging into how many minutes each player has played you’ll maybe start to see why you’re talking out your hole.

Not by much and in fact maybe not at all! And you're obfuscating by misdirection.

City and Arsenal both went thru to the CL semis. City played in the World Club Cup. City are in the FAC final.
Added to which most of our first team players got extended breaks due to injury and being rested whilst our youngsters were played in minor cups.

In actual fact our players may be even further behind in actual minutes played over all games.

Not by much and in fact maybe not at all! And you're obfuscating by misdirection.

City and Arsenal both went thru to the CL semis. City played in the World Club Cup. City are in the FAC final.
Added to which most of our first team players got extended breaks due to injury and being rested whilst our youngsters were played in minor cups.

In actual fact our players may be even further behind in actual minutes played over all games.

They are - our players have played less minutes than pretty much any of the teams, who qualified for Europe - bar maybe Brighton.

We pretty much have the fewest number of players who have played more than 3000 minutes this season - Virgil, Diaz, Mac A & Gomez and none have played more than 4000 minutes.

City have 10 who have played more than 3000 minutes with Rodri & Foden playing more than 4000.

Arsenal have 8 that played more than 3000 minutes with Saliba, Gabriel, Rice & White playing more than 4000.

Conclusion - Dreamie is talking out his hole again.

Don't think it's too difficult to sumise that the way Liverpool play (always conceding first! winning late etc) and competing in four competitions has tired the players both physically and more importantly emotionally this year. And yes, some of that is most definitely on Klopp...
Not sure what you are arguing about to be honest.

Last edited:
But apparently it is about blaming Klopp.

Pathetic - have a word with yourself.

And which clubs in England have prioritised any competition less than we have?

More bollocks.
Buck stops with the manager. Always have always will. Pathetic to say otherwise.

The fact is yet again here we are playing more games than anyone else and coming up short when it matters most. We failed to learn our lessons and that’s squarely on Klopp imo.

Of course there is BS to deal with like so many 1230’s, playing weds sat, Thurs sun on repeat, cheating city, injuries and having to rely on kids. But we knew all of this and we still ploughed ahead.

Last edited:
City will play more games than us this season.

Of the teams that made Europe, Newcastle will have played the least - 7 less than us.

It’s more selective bollocks from you though because we rested players in the League Cup until the Semi Finals & in the early rounds of the FA Cup. We also rotated in the early rounds of the Europa League.

Your narrative has always been based on selective bullshit.

If you start digging into how many minutes each player has played you’ll maybe start to see why you’re talking out your hole.

Minutes played is a terrible metric. Injuries and the sheer number of games see to that.

Comparing us to City who have depth like no other and amassed the squad but cheating over decades is illogical.

The game was rigged but Klopp still failed to adapt post Covid and preferred to die in his hill of too many games.

City are cheating fucking cunts who have squad depth we can’t compete against. Arsenal are doing what we did for years for the first time. Come back and compare them after they’ve done it for 3/4 years.
Rehabilitating from injury is not fucking rest either.

Minutes played is a terrible metric. Injuries and the sheer number of games see to that.

Comparing us to City who have depth like no other and amassed the squad but cheating over decades is illogical.

The game was rigged but Klopp still failed to adapt post Covid and preferred to die in his hill of too many games.

Fuck sake Dreamie.

You’re now in the position were you’re arguing that Klopp ran players into the ground by playing them less.

I’ll compare us to any team in England.

What metric do you want to use and why?

I’m calling you out on your bullshit.

City are cheating fucking cunts who have squad depth we can’t compete against. Arsenal are doing what we did for years for the first time. Come back and compare them after they’ve done it for 3/4 years.
Rehabilitating from injury is not fucking rest either.

Any yet we have completed against them you whopper.

Every team gets to register the same amount of players and use whatever youths they want.

Do you know how many senior player City registered for tge 2nd half of the season.

That’s right… 18…. Which included Scott Carson and Sergio Gomez who played fuck all games.

We registered 21.

So you’re wrong on that - as well - like you are on anything.

Seriously… sort yourself out - you e been spouting bollix left right and centre all season from Ange to even Mo, and now to this.

I have a good mind to drag the wardrobe out into the back garden and set fire to it… but July is a few months away. :p

Back
Top Bottom