• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez on a free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to turn our noses up at him now, but in a few weeks time when we're a goal down and the bench still consists of Origi and Elliot, we might regret this not happening.

I am not suggesting buying no one. If we have the money for Suarez, we should have the money for some other young talent - Sarr or someone with that profile. We definitely need backups up front.

Y'know the fact he's gone all these years at Barca without a single nibble or racist slur after doing it once a season when he was contracted to us pisses me off enough to not want him back. I'd leave him in the past. The Spanish cunts ran him into the ground anyway.

I am not suggesting buying no one. If we have the money for Suarez, we should have the money for some other young talent - Sarr or someone with that profile. We definitely need backups up front.

What we need are younger replacements for our front three, which we definitely don't have the money for. That means the ages of Suarez and Sarr are irrelevant, they're both just back up so picking the younger one is an act of wishful thinking, almost kidding yourself into thinking he will become the replacement for Mane, when the truth is you can't afford his replacement. We can dream of Sarr and hope he improves into a world class winger, but in the meantime you'd have missed out on having a far better player like Suarez available to use and win crucial points in the present.

What we need are younger replacements for our front three, which we definitely don't have the money for. That means the ages of Suarez and Sarr are irrelevant, they're both just back up so picking the younger one is an act of wishful thinking, almost kidding yourself into thinking he will become the replacement for Mane, when the truth is you can't afford his replacement. We can dream of Sarr and hope he improves into a world class winger, but in the meantime you'd have missed out on having a far better player like Suarez available to use and win crucial points in the present.

You are making two assumptions here.

We can afford Suarez but we cannot afford Sarr? Suarez currently is getting paid 400K per week. We will most likely end up having to pay 200-250K per week which will automatically make him the highest paid member in our squad. That ain't happening under FSG and Edwards. If we can afford to pay Suarez 200-250K we should be able to afford someone like Sarr or someone of his profile.

Suarez is a far better player than Sarr. Disagree with that also. He has lost whatever little pace he had. He will disrupt Klopp's high press system because he physically cannot do that.

Where did I ever state that we can buy Sarr and hope that he will grow into a replacement for Mane and a world-class winger etc? You sure are extrapolating a lot from my post about Suarez.

I am not saying we should purchase Sarr. But if we had the Suarez money we should be able to find a better player more suited to Klopp's system. Let us stick with the strategy which has worked well for us.

Nope, bitey closet gunner can go elsewhere.
It was only last season he was behaving like a twat against us, bored of his behavior and his current level doesn’t even compensate for it anymore not that could justify some of his ways anyway.

We can afford Suarez but we cannot afford Sarr? Suarez currently is getting paid 400K per week. We will most likely end up having to pay 200-250K per week which will automatically make him the highest paid member in our squad. That ain't happening under FSG and Edwards. If we can afford to pay Suarez 200-250K we should be able to afford someone like Sarr or someone of his profile.

Suarez is a far better player than Sarr. Disagree with that also. He has lost whatever little pace he had. He will disrupt Klopp's high press system because he physically cannot do that.

Where did I ever state that we can buy Sarr and hope that he will grow into a replacement for Mane and a world-class winger etc? You sure are extrapolating a lot from my post about Suarez.

I am not saying we should purchase Sarr. But if we had the Suarez money we should be able to find a better player more suited to Klopp's system. Let us stick with the strategy which has worked well for us.
He's 34 in January, I doubt any European team would be prepared to pay him more than 150k a week and only on a one year deal.

For newer fans this is almost on a Fowler coming back scale. Our fanbase is on a high atm but imagine the excitement it would generate.
This is arguably the best striker we've ever had!
Ian Rush ...on both counts

Loved all the goals he scored for us. But the arsenal and barcelona move agitating, bitey, racist, strange-eared cunt can fuck off thanks.

Sadly we both know and can agree we ain't getting either.

Ian Rush ...on both counts

When Rush returned he was only about 27 and still had a good few years left in him. When Fowler came back he was pretty much past it if we're being honest. Suarez is somewhere between the two.

But yeah, in terms of our best ever strikers, out of the three of them it'd be Rush obviously.

The only thing Rush has on Suarez is longevity.
I have a lot of respect for Rush, but Suarez probably beats him at every measurable metric related to individual performance. We can start with goals to games ratio.
I have never seen a striker score the type of goals that Suarez did for Liverpool. Not even Salah.

Why do Barcelona want rid of him? I don't watch Spanish football but I assumed he was still good, and I don't recall any stories of his previous cunt/lunatic behaviour in recent years.

If is IS still good and if he DOESN'T go around biting people and being racist then, yeah, I would take him back in theory.

I can't see it happening though to be honest. His wages are gonna be huge. Even if he is not motivated by money, he will know his worth and so will his agent. He'll be expecting to get a lot. He will also be expecting to play more often than not, because he could probably do so elsewhere.
But he's not going to be able to go anywhere else with a chance of titles ... and nowhere else is Liverpool. He likely knows his time has gone and at a top club a bench slot and 20 mins a game, and some starts in less important games, would be the most he could expect. Unless he's willing to settle for a club with little to play for ... and that doesn't sound like Suarez.

I think no one knows how this season would pan out in terms of player's fitness or injuries. This season might be a strange one because of short pre season and too many games in a short period of time, considering the internationals also. Looking at other players than the front 3, Suarez would prove out to be a massive upgrade.

Do you think I have a folder of stats on everyone ?

Mane was definitely more efficient than both this season from what I've read.
Haha it depends if it happened to be a site you got it from in the first place

But yeah Mane always seems super efficient, and Salah often appears wasteful, but they scored the same amount of goals

I'd take him back in a flash.

I really don't where Barca's anamosity comes from to want to terminate his contract like that.....can't be from Koeman surely? He doesn't seem that type.

Im amazed how many people actively want this to happen. Leaving aside the fact hes a complete cunt who couldnt wait to leave, have any of you watched him play recently? Hed be dead after 15 mins playing in Klopps system, hes so shit Barca want rid of him for free. He can fuck right off.

Im amazed how many people actively want this to happen. Leaving aside the fact hes a complete cunt who couldnt wait to leave, have any of you watched him play recently? Hed be dead after 15 mins playing in Klopps system, hes so shit Barca want rid of him for free. He can fuck right off.
I could have sworn his scored in the second half against Bayern not the first 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom