• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez on a free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Apparently not wanted and will be allowed to leave for free.

Would you take him back?

Should we consider it or leave him in the past?

Even over the hill Suarez would add depth to our front line and give Bobby a kick up the ass.

A young Suarez would probably be the best type of striker in our system.
An old Suarez can back up Firmino imo.

Like I said, sell Origi. Get Suarez on a one year contract maybe two. Send Brew out on loan, let him take over the backup role next season.

His annual salary is 40m - is he going to take a pay cut or are Barca going to subsidise his next year ?

For newer fans this is almost on a Fowler coming back scale. Our fanbase is on a high atm but imagine the excitement it would generate.
This is arguably the best striker we've ever had!

His annual salary is 23,4 mill €.
Would still need to take a pay cut.. A massive pay cut.

His annual salary is 23,4 mill €.
Would still need to take a pay cut.. A massive pay cut.
Suarez isn't the type that is motivated by money. He wants to compete. He's a winner. I have no doubt in my mind that he'd love coming back.

His annual salary is 40m - is he going to take a pay cut or are Barca going to subsidise his next year ?

Apparently terminating his contract. He’s worth a decent salary. He’d offer perfect rotation and would love to land the title he missed out on last time.

and it would piss you and Ryan off no end :D

Apparently terminating his contract. He’s worth a decent salary. He’d offer perfect rotation and would love to land the title he missed out on last time.

and it would piss you and Ryan off no end :D

How the fuck can they just terminate his contract?

Suarez isn't the type that is motivated by money. He wants to compete. He's a winner. I have no doubt in my mind that he'd love coming back.

True, although with one year remaining on his deal worth 23 mill per year I cant see him agreeing to it without being paid parts of it.
He would probably love to come back, but not sure Michael Edwards and Klopp are interested. There are rumours about him being interested in a move back to Ajax.

True, although with one year remaining on his deal worth 23 mill per year I cant see him agreeing to it without being paid parts of it.
He would probably love to come back, but not sure Michael Edwards and Klopp are interested. There are rumours about him being interested in a move back to Ajax.
I've read somewhere that Klopp really rates Suarez. Called him a LFC legend last year I think.
Suarez also likes Klopp:
On the opportunity to play under Klopp, he added: “Currently we work for two different clubs, so that’s not an issue for me at the moment. But sure, every player would like to train under Jürgen Klopp.”

Why do Barcelona want rid of him? I don't watch Spanish football but I assumed he was still good, and I don't recall any stories of his previous cunt/lunatic behaviour in recent years.

If is IS still good and if he DOESN'T go around biting people and being racist then, yeah, I would take him back in theory.

I can't see it happening though to be honest. His wages are gonna be huge. Even if he is not motivated by money, he will know his worth and so will his agent. He'll be expecting to get a lot. He will also be expecting to play more often than not, because he could probably do so elsewhere.

Well this was 18/19

zhrjoyf3s3h21.png

Do you have the same stats for Salah and Firmino? (I imagine Mane to be more clinical than our other two)

Do you think I have a folder of stats on everyone ?

Mane was definitely more efficient than both this season from what I've read.

Horrible idea.

He can barely run and he rarely scores in Europe nowadays. Whatever little pace he has is gone. He can barely press in a Klopp system.

Even if Barca subsidizes 75% of his wages (which they won't), we will still need to pay 100-150K. We can get a very good young talent for that wage.

He will bring in the baggage - Evra issue, biting - once again to these shores. We don't need that PR.

We have built the best team in England by explicitly staying away from such transfers. How about just retaining that strategy. Don't understand why there is a clamor to get back to doing things the way they were before the Klopp era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom