• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

Dunno about that.

We weren't great, but won it. They'd better sort their shit out before the final.

Not sure what you could point to and say England should have got that would have won that.
Your last penalty was Koch turning the scrum not George.

But ho hum. England had their chances.

I'm just glad there's a load of fat paco rabanne pink polo shirt wearing cunts from Surrey who are devastated.

What I'm really fucked off about now is that as soon as I turned over it was obvious what was going to happen next, but I didn't put any money on it.

How often do you gamble on games in general?
I've done it once, won 240 usd and never done it again (in 1995!)

I saw it the way the ref did... But I don't have my glasses on and am a few beers over my limit.
England were collapsing a lot of scrums so I can see why he thought it was an England infringement.

But it just wasn't that time.

Thought you were lucky when then player went over the top at the end too. Thought he might have tried to level it up.

Champions making the final.

Very impressive after losing to Ireland.

Hopefully we get the quality of the q/f’s in the Final.

When the rugby world cup was in France in 2007 I walked into the pub at noon on the Saturday of the quarters. My mate asked me what do you think today. France were 8/1 to beat nz and England were 4/1 to beat aus. Actually it wasn't all in France, France were playing NZ in Cardiff. I had it in my head that France had been playing shit because they struggle at home, what with parisians being complete cunts who put terrible pressure on them, but they'd probs open up in Cardiff. I can't remember the exact bet but we both put about twenty quid on it and we both won about a grand and we both spent the money going to the semi final the next weekend.

But I haven't bet for a few years. The last really big bet I did was 2016 on trump. I think I stuck 2000 on him at 9/2 and it paid for my family to go to my mates wedding in shanghai. I knew from day one he'd win and I was just gutted I didnt back it earlier. I waited and waited but he came into to 2/1. He went back out to 9/2 on the grab her by the pussy day and that's when I backed it.
How often do you gamble on games in general?
I've done it once, won 240 usd and never done it again (in 1995!)

England were collapsing a lot of scrums so I can see why he thought it was an England infringement.

But it just wasn't that time.

Thought you were lucky when then player went over the top at the end too. Thought he might have tried to level it up.
Yeah, I did see that. Hopefully it's one of those rub of the green things on the way to winning it.

We all remember our good bets. The four nil derby one was amazing. The one origi got wiped out in. I was in the pub and my mate said check what four nil is please, and it was 20/1. So he said great can you put two quid on it for me, and I thought fuck it I'll round it up to five quid. Anyway I fucked up and put fifty quid on by mistake. I spent about an hour on hold and then I finally got through to someone at paddy power and I was saying fucking hell mate I made an honest mistake please refund me. My wife is gonna kill me. Play nice please. And he said sorry but fuck off.

Three hours later they bought me a very nice weekend away.

The bomb squad defused England, but I still say the standard of officiating has been piss poor from day one of the tournament.

Thank God England are out, they have a gift for making a game of rugby the worst 2 hours of your life. Farrell didn't pass the ball until the 79th minute. And that scrum half's foot will be killing him tomorrow after those constant up and unders.

Thank God England are out, they have a gift for making a game of rugby the worst 2 hours of your life. Farrell didn't pass the ball until the 79th minute. And that scrum half's foot will be killing him tomorrow after those constant up and unders.
Yeah but that drop goal was one of the best you'll ever see.

We gave that game away with two desperately poor choices, one in each half:
  1. In the first half Farrell shoots his mouth off, the referee (rightly) reverses a penalty award and Libbok knocks it over. Without those three points, England win.
  2. Too early in the second half Borthwick takes off Cole and Marler, who have battled the Springboks' front row to a standstill, and brings on two modern-style props in Genge and Sinckler who are great around the field but not in the same class when the scrum packs down. If that change was going to be made at all, it should have been with no more than 10 minutes (absolute max) to go. Rassie throws on a mountain of fresh beef and S.Africa never look back.
Well done South Africa, but there'll be one or two senior guys in the England set-up who won't have got a lot of sleep last night.

Last edited:
  1. In the first half Farrell shoots his mouth off, the referee (rightly) reverses a penalty award and Libbok knocks it over. Without those three points, England win.
  2. Too early in the second half Borthwick takes off Cole and Marler, who have battled the Springboks' front row to a standstill, and brings on two modern-style props in Genge and Sinckler who are great around the field but not in the same class when the scrum packs down. If that change was going to be made at all, it should have been with no more than 10 minutes (absolute max) to go. Rassie throws on a mountain of fresh beef and S.Africa never look back.
Well done South Africa, but there'll be one or two senior guys in the England set-up who won't have got a lot of sleep last night.

Fine margins JJ. There's always a 'if only'...

I'm sure there's a lot of self-reflecting going on in the Boks management too. Being as close as that against an unfancied team doesn't bode well against the All Blacks.

Don't agree with point 2.

That last scrum Marler and Cole were in got destroyed. They were done.

Jeepers England had some easy draw. They didn't really have a tough game till the semis. Should be a cracking final.

And yet we should have beaten the world champions when we got there.
Not surprised, your boys were super fresh compared to the Saffers. Still, to be fair England didn't give South Africa a chance to play their game.

The All Blacks have had a tough route to the final, but I didn't see them looking tired in their semi........

I just think England upped their game and got the perfect weather to play the kick and chase rugby that they opted for.

I thought England were the better team for about 60 mins, but then their set piece fell apart ( not just the scrum, the lineout as well) and great teams will always take advantage.

Thought the ref favoured the South Africans yet again ........

And yet we should have beaten the world champions when we got there.

indeed. It’s a weird one. Ireland beat the world champs and lose to the an apparently weakened Kiwis (agin) - and England and France gone - France early.

I’m guessing the draw will be lob sided again for 2028? Any chance we could get the Saudis into rugger instead? :)

Back
Top Bottom