• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafa confirmed as new Chelsea boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be fun to watch if nothing else.

I wonder what the media reaction will be like.

BBC saying that it is till the end of the season.

Rafael Benitez replaces Roberto Di Matteo's at Chelsea

Comments (875)
Chelsea have appointed former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez as interim manager until the end of the season.
Previous manager Roberto Di Matteo was sacked on Wednesday following the 3-0 Champions League defeat by Juventus.
Benitez's short-term appointment could pave the way for owner Roman Abramovich to make a summer approach for ex-Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.
Benitez, 52, becomes the Blues' ninth manager since Abramovich took over in 2003.

Ha ha - Grab the popcorn. I like Rafa but detest Chelsea. Quite the conundrum. I think he'll do well actually.

Fuck me. This makes me feel uneasy. The Chelsea fans will be fuming. We should get a flag made up of his 'plastic flags' quote for when they visit Anfield.

Wishes he had bought tickets for the Chelsea home game.

Anyone ventured onto Rawk?

Fuck me. This makes me feel uneasy. The Chelsea fans will be fuming. We should get a flag made up of his 'plastic flags' quote for when they visit Anfield.

That flag would be great actually!

If anyone would be brave enough to take some choice rawk opinion & post it then it would be most welcome.

from Rawk...............................

Sick

c*nts don't deserve him the pricks
cry.gif

Good luck Rafa, go and win the league

I feel ill.
sad.gif

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Good luck rafa, FSG hang your heads in shame for not talking to this man.

Disgusted, those c*nts don't deserve the man.
All the best Rafa, now win the fucking title mate.

Gives me a heavy heart to hear this.................
cry.gif

Rafa.............. Rafael.................
scarf.gif
.Rafael Benitez..

Canny appointment.

Chelsea problems this season has been conceding goals, if he tightens up the defence, they have enough quality up front to create a chance or 2 in games.

I can see him doing well let's say he wins the league and he decides to not extend his contract his stock will rise. I don't think it stops him coming back at some point.

RAWK are dickheads. Rafa was too good for Chelsea, he had too much of an affinity with our fans, so to sit looking at those muppets every week will be sobering.

He's gone there now though, so I hope he fails, I hope Chelsea sink and then I hope he redeems himself somewhere else, preferably somewhere with less Neanderthals.

Well it might put to bed the argument that he would have won the league with us or Inter if he'd been given loads of money.

I hope he succeeds until we make it back into the top 4. It'll be fun seeing him at L4 later in the year

I hope he succeeds until we make it back into the top 4. It'll be fun seeing him at L4 later in the year
I am a Liverpool fan mate and unless there was some benefit to my club in seeing Chelsea succeed I could never wish them success

Well it might put to bed the argument that he would have won the league with us or Inter if he'd been given loads of money.
Imagine what Rawk will be like though if Rafa were to go on and win the league with Chelsea?

Will be interesting to watch nontheless.
They have good squad for his favoured 4-2-3-1.

That said, I hope he fails. But thats mostly down to my hatred for Chelsea.

Chair of the Chelsea Supporters Group, Trizia Fiorellino, on 5 live Sport: "I am gobsmacked. Chelsea pulled the rug from under Roberto Di Matteo, which was just ludicrous. Now they have got in someone of Benitez's calibre, who is a poor manager. Nobody has wanted to employ him for two years. What does that tell you? In England he won two things, both on penalties. Di Matteo did that in 20-odd games, it didn't take four years. Benitez has a propensity for zonal marking, which doesn't work in the Premier League. He is the wrong choice for Chelsea and the fans do not want him."

Wonder how long will it take for the Chavs to start singing the "Rafael Benitez" song?

My guess would be about thirty minutes into the game on Sunday if they manger to get their noses on front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom