1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Pre Match - Wolves (a) - Sat 15:00

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Brizzle, Dec 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Administrator Administrator

2. LeTallecWiz

3. King Binny

King Binny Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

From Crouch's Daily Mail column:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...e-lineout-corner-ridiculous-idea-isnt-it.html

Article:
    It's hard to leave Anfield... trust me
    Another late, late show to go with the rest of them for cult hero Divock Origi, who will be loved at Liverpool for ever. Do not underestimate what a tough gig he has there, with only 34 league starts in six and a half seasons.

There is always this assumption about these players that they’ve no desire to play. People put you down. That goal at Wolves could potentially win Liverpool the title. Add it to scoring in a Merseyside derby. Scoring against Barcelona. The Champions League final.

It takes a special character to accept that role. It’s hard, there are a lot of dark days.

You’re going in to train the day after a game when everyone else is warming down. You’re in when they’re off. You’re playing training ground games in front of nobody to maintain fitness.

I know what it’s like to make an impact as a substitute. Origi could leave and play every game elsewhere. But he’s coming on and scoring massive goals for a huge club.

I sometimes regret leaving Liverpool when I was second fiddle to Fernando Torres. Thankfully I got those big games back at Portsmouth and Tottenham in Europe but leaving Anfield is a hard thing to do.

Ultimately, the game time is why I left. I was playing for England and wondering about my place with them. Thankfully it worked out, but the grass isn’t always greener.

darkstarexodus and doctor_mac like this.
  4. LeTallecWiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.