• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - The Ev (H) Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So AB is fit

Fabinho & Milner not ready for this one

Keita - wait and see

Jota - Could be back for next league match?

Liverpool boss has given a quick update on the long list of injuries, and while there is not a lot of good news it appears that midfielder Naby Keita could be available to make his first appearance since December.

"Naby trained with the team so we have to see what we make of it.

"Fabinho, no. He was not in training. Millie [Milner] and Diogo are getting closer but not close enough for the weekend.

"But there is nothing really new."

Jean-Phillipe Gbamin is not yet ready to return, while Yerry Mina is sidelined with a calf problem suffered against Manchester City.

Its a worry about the lack of aerial strength when we are up against Calwert Lewin. That will be tough.

Naby:

NimbleBetterDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

Note that tomorrow will mean Everton have played four games in 10 days. Maybe a few goals for us in the final 30 mins.

Can see the squad getting a big positive boost from having the big man back in the gym and training facility.

I read an article in the Athletic that we really shouldn't expect Virgil back until the start of next season at the earliest and it may take him most if not all of the season to get back up to full speed.
Rushing him back would have little benefit in the short term and potentially be hugely detrimental in the medium and long term.

I read an article in the Athletic that we really shouldn't expect Virgil back until the start of next season at the earliest and it may take him most if not all of the season to get back up to full speed.
Rushing him back would have little benefit in the short term and potentially be hugely detrimental in the medium and long term.
Whilst you have to agree with the sentiment .. why did the club keep him on the CL Roster unless they believe he has a chance at returning for say semis/final? The CL roster isn't the same as the PL one ... there are fewer slots because of the way players are counted (youth/home-grown/etc).

Yeah, I dont see him returnering until the start of next season.
We just have to keep him out of the Holland squad this summer.

Whilst you have to agree with the sentiment .. why did the club keep him on the CL Roster unless they believe he has a chance at returning for say semis/final? The CL roster isn't the same as the PL one ... there are fewer slots because of the way players are counted (youth/home-grown/etc).
Joe Gomez is on it too and he has no chance of being fit for any part of this season apparently.
But that doesn't really answer why he or Virgil is on the list.
Maybe it was just in case the final stages of the competition are deferred like last season.
Unlikely I know.

Naby Keita could make his return from injury in Saturday's Merseyside derby.

Liverpool’s No.8, who has not played since mid-December, is back in full training and may come into contention when Everton visit Anfield.
Fabinho, however, will not be ready to feature as he recovers from a muscle problem, while James Milner and Diogo Jota also remain sidelined along with the Reds’ long-term absentees.

The manager also confirmed there are no fitness concerns regarding Alisson Becker.

I dont think his name on the list knocked anyone (who is available) off it.

He was obviously added so he can sit on the bench for the final and pick up another winners medal

We could play the whipper snappers against Everton and still beat them, I’m confident we’ll dick these.

These guys are nasty cunts. They know our players are made of weetabix and will try to break our players legs. The fucking ref won't do shit about it.
Not looking forward to playing these fuckers at all.

These guys are nasty cunts. They know our players are made of weetabix and will try to break our players legs. The fucking ref won't do shit about it.
Not looking forward to playing these fuckers at all.
Agree 100% ... they are mega cunts. I dont think we cam win this without Fab or Hendo in midfield, they are proper physical cunts. That Richarlison has always got a red card in him. Really hope Kabak plays, bit does not get dragged into shit.

Note that tomorrow will mean Everton have played four games in 10 days. Maybe a few goals for us in the final 30 mins.

they absolutely ran themselves into the ground in the extra time 5-4 win over Spurs in the cup. They've looked dead on their feet in the 2 games since. I think we will be much fresher than them.

Yep. A lot of you are far too confident. No home goals from open play in about 3 months. 76 first team injuries. VAR is a fucking abomination. Refs with a vendetta against us.

This isn't going to end well. I'm just happy none of their fans are allowed in the stadium to see them finally win at Anfield.

Yep. A lot of you are far too confident. No home goals from open play in about 3 months. 76 first team injuries. VAR is a fucking abomination. Refs with a vendetta against us.

This isn't going to end well. I'm just happy none of their fans are allowed in the stadium to see them finally win at Anfield.
All the more reason why we are going to batter them for a change (everything comes to an end). So I'm going with the notion that 4 games in 10 days is going to drain them and see us run wild in the past 30 mins. I'll echo Sky's previewer ... 3-0.

All the more reason why we are going to batter them for a change (everything comes to an end). So I'm going with the notion that 4 games in 10 days is going to drain them and see us run wild in the past 30 mins. I'll echo Sky's previewer ... 3-0.

Everything comes to an end... like our unbeaten home record against them, you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom