• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match CL final vs Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been awake since half 5. Been the Asda and got my ale and food for the day. Read a ridiculous amount of news stories already. There is still more than 10 hours to go.

The more I think about it the more nervous I get. I then have relaxed spells thinking we smashed city and they are better than this lot. They have a shite defence and if we click on the counter we will hit them to get number 6. These are tailor made for us.

Then I think what if Lovren is typical Lovren and fucks it up for us. Then I think of Virgil next to him. Talking him through the game. Relaxing him.

It’s a rollercoaster. The game is still hours away.

Time needs to get a move on.

I've been awake since 5-0... ;)

I'm driving.. No getting smashed for me. Slightly nervous for the first time now.

Similar feelings to 2005 for sure.

Finished bottling my home brew. About to shower, shave, shit and head out to watch the game.
Still confident.

Rumoured teams:

Navas, Carvajal, Ramos (c), Varane, Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema, Modric, Marcelo, Casemiro, Isco

Subs: Casilla, Nacho, Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Hakimi, Asensio, Kovacic

Karius, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson (c), Mane, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Lallana, Can, Solanke

Rumoured teams:

Navas, Carvajal, Ramos (c), Varane, Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema, Modric, Marcelo, Casemiro, Isco

Subs: Casilla, Nacho, Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Hakimi, Asensio, Kovacic

Karius, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson (c), Mane, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Lallana, Can, Solanke
Those are the obvious teams .. but funny that AS and Marca both claimed Bale was starting. Agents the pair of them.

My dad had a mini stroke and scared the shit out of me. Because I live in a fucked up country, it doesn't seem like he will ever be able to visit me here again and see my little boring life and my little boring garden and everything else I love, because he can't get insured.

So much of my love of Liverpool is my love for my dad. I'd be shitting it anyway, but this game feels really important. I want my dad to have a real lift. Plus the wanting to win anyway.

200 miles & nearly 4 hours later - time to get ready.

Good luck everyone - no matter what....

.... it’s been emotional.

Now let’s twat these arrogant cunts - and make the Mancs cry.

My dad had a mini stroke and scared the shit out of me. Because I live in a fucked up country, it doesn't seem like he will ever be able to visit me here again and see my little boring life and my little boring garden and everything else I love, because he can't get insured.

So much of my love of Liverpool is my love for my dad. I'd be shitting it anyway, but this game feels really important. I want my dad to have a real lift. Plus the wanting to win anyway.
Where do you live?

Julien Laurens
European football expert on BBC Radio 5 live

I think Liverpool have been the best team in the competition this year – they’ve been outstanding from start to finish. The two weeks’ break they will have had since their last Premier League game could be huge – just to get some rest and prepare in the right way.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Real do it again – and I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool find a way to stop them. It’s quite an even final despite the experience Real Madrid have over this Liverpool squad.

Latest (25 mins) : Villa 0-1 Fulham (23 mins)

Ryan Sessegnon supplies the neat through ball and Tom Cairney supplies the calm, low finish. Simple.

Hello Everyone

I am posting now in the hope I can cool some nerves on here. Why are any of you scared ? why ? - I see this Real Madrid team as very fortunate to reach the final -

• they capitalized on two inexplicable errors by Bayern in both legs of their semi final.
  • They were beaten 3-1 at home or something by Juventus - how do yo get beaten that badly in a stadium with so many of your fans
  • They lost to Spurs - because they can't run.
I look at their players and so many of you go on about this Isco and that other one whose name begins with 'Cas'. I have seen them in a few games and to be honest I have no idea why you guys consider them world class or put them on such a high level. In fact I see a team that is just does not fill me with any fear - I also suspect that they will play either Jose Mourinho style or attack and be humiliated by us.

I can't actually see us losing to this lot unless the ref sends one of our players off. I honestly mean that - I want the fear and nerves to kick into me but it just won't because I don't see anything good in this opposition team that stands before us getting number 6.

We have come so far and taken the most hardest of routes to get to this final - I mean really hard - Man City are the strongest team in Europe by a distance in any of the major leagues and we had to withstand sustained attacks for nearly 120 minutes (both legs) them zipping that ball around us - and we beat them 5-1 on aggregate. Mentally we are strong enough for this, we have the players to hurt them and control them.

There is always a chance of losing games but I am going to make the assumption that Allah wants to us to win this game and that it is written. On a personal level if we have one of our days - then I think we can actually win 5-0 or more. THEY HAVE NOT FACED ANYONE LIKE US THIS SEASON.

Been to the beach all day with the kids and missus, 30 degrees and sunny here in Norway.
Just got home and just started to get horrendously nervous.
Cant fucking wait for the game to start, but have no clue about what to expect result wise.
Lets fucking win it!

Up the Reds!

Been to the beach all day with the kids and missus, 30 degrees and sunny here in Norway.
Just got home and just started to get horrendously nervous.
Cant fucking wait for the game to start, but have no clue about what to expect result wise.
Lets fucking win it!

Up the Reds!
Seriously you get 30 degrees in Norway ? - I did not think that was possible for your Viking land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom