• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Atalanta (H) - CL - Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Back to CL action. I'm torn on this one as if we win it we are definitely through and can 100% coast the final two games. However we need to be smart. I'd like to see a few (but not all) of the fringe players start, but have those who are less likely to need protecting there to ensure we can be in great shape to win.

---------------Alisson---------------
Neco----Matip---Rhys---Tsimikas
----------Millie----Gini-------------
------------Minamino--------------
---Jota------Bobby------Mane--

We have 5 subs so I think seeing Fabinho potentially come in here somewhere (he might even be a better started than Matip, who isn't great at long runs of games..), Origi as an early sub for Mane if we are ahead and Jones also in there.

If we think the above would be too exposed down the wings we could put Millie back to RB or LB and start Jones again.

Would be nice if one or more of the injury returners get some minutes here like Thiago or Hendo too.

I fell like Millie & Wynnie and Robbo & Bobbo could do with a rest.

Rhys at CB and no reason Jones shouldn’t get another game - but only if a senior player is alongside - maybe Fabs back in midfield.

What happened Shaq? Presume Keita is injured.

Massive Divvy could get a start.

Fabs has already been rested for a month so I think he should start. Rotate the front three as well.
Maybe rest Bobby and Mane and play Origi and Shaq or Minamino.
Millie will definitely not start, especially after 90 mins yesterday.

I'd like to see Shaqiri start if fit. I'd add Jones to the line up to. I don't want to risk Milner playing 3 games a week. He's so integral right now that I'd rather we saved him for the PL.

---------------------------Alisson-------------------------
----Williams---Fabinho----Williams----Tsimikas---
-----------------------Thiago/Hendo--------------------
--------------Jones---------------------Shaqiri------
------Salah-------Minamino/Origi-------------Mane----

For me, we need to ensure a few things:
1) keep Matip healthy
2) give gini a break
3) give robbo a break

There's no pressure to win this game - so let's protect accordingly ...

Alisson

Williams
Fabinho
Rhys
Tsimikas

Hendo (45 minutes, then 45 minutes for Thiago hopefully)
Jones
Shaq

Salah (he'll want to play)
Bobby
Jota

I dont think you’ll see 3 changes in the back 4.

Alisson
Miner Rhys Fabinho Kostas
Jones Hendo
Salah Mina Jota
Bobby

Playing Saturday 1230 is a bitch, so Thank God for 5 subs.

Hendo and Fabs only 45 mins.

I'd like to see Shaqiri start if fit. I'd add Jones to the line up to. I don't want to risk Milner playing 3 games a week. He's so integral right now that I'd rather we saved him for the PL.

---------------------------Alisson-------------------------
----Williams---Fabinho----Williams----Tsimikas---
-----------------------Thiago/Hendo--------------------
--------------Jones---------------------Shaqiri------
------Salah-------Minamino/Origi-------------Mane----
I like that but I'd start Jota over Mane. Mane has to get a rest sometime and this game is as good as any. He's put in way more minutes than Jota.

Think he'll push the likes of Robbo for one more game, get 3 points here and we can kick back and relax in the remaining group games.

Id start with as strong a side as possible and try win it early, have 3 or 4 subs ready for half time and make the changes either way.

Allison, Neco, Matip, Fabinho, Robbo, Gini, Jones, Milner, Salah, Mane Jota

At half time
Williams - Matip
Thiago - Gini
Fimino - Salah
Tsimikas - Robbo

Id start with as strong a side as possible and try win it early, have 3 or 4 subs ready for half time and make the changes either way.

Allison, Neco, Matip, Fabinho, Robbo, Gini, Jones, Milner, Salah, Mane Jota

At half time
Williams - Matip
Thiago - Gini
Fimino - Salah
Tsimikas - Robbo
How many times have we said that in the past and ended up with a tough game ? This will be another methinks. We caught them cold and were on fire last time. Atalanta will be much tougher this time around which is why I wouldn't start those in need of resting.

Theyve won 1 out of their last 6 and seem to be in a slump. My point wasnt that we should easily blow them away in the first 45 mins, but we should be planning to rotate at half time regardless of whether or not we actually do build a lead.

2086.jpg

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom