• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our number 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s certainly one of the best we’ve ever had. As the season progressed I think he’s gone above Pepe, who for me was the best keeper in my lifetime. Love him.

Agree with this. I originally wanted Oblak, but having Alisson come in and just boss things, I’m glad to admit, I have no idea what the fuck I’m talking about.

Reina was one of the best keepers in my lifetime as well, and for me, Alisson is above him.

Although does anyone remember Reina’s game in midfield one pre season?!

Agree with this. I originally wanted Oblak, but having Alisson come in and just boss things, I’m glad to admit, I have no idea what the fuck I’m talking about.

Reina was one of the best keepers in my lifetime as well, and for me, Alisson is above him.

Although does anyone remember Reina’s game in midfield one pre season?!
Yeah I remember, he almost scored didn't he?

Perhaps, but that's icing on the cake for a keeper, and for my money Brazil's manager has it right with Alisson as his no.1.

I think I've seen a stat showing that Alisson's long passing is more accurate. Ederson is clearly great with his feet, but 'another level' from Alisson? I think that's pushing it. Alisson is one of the best out there, and isn't so far from Ederson as all that.

From Next Season Allison Becker will wear the No1 Jersey..

Source Liverpool FC website... (soon)

I also love how opposition fans bang on about that mistake against Leicester as if anyone gives a fuck.

He’s certainly exceeded expectations.

It’s only been 1 season but what a season.

Hopefully he backs it up next season.

[article]"Yes, when I saw him play, I immediately recommended him to John and tried to get him signed," Doni recalls to Liverpoolfc.com.

"I explained to John that he was a very skilful player and that he would soon play for the national team.

"The first time I saw him playing for Inter, I knew he had what it takes to succeed in the Premier League."[/article]

More on how Alexander Doni first alerted Liverpool to Alisson Becker

[article]– At the time of writing, Alisson has kept a clean sheet in his last eight appearances for club and country combined, going 756 minutes – almost 13 hours – without conceding a goal.

– The goalkeeper played every minute of Liverpool’s Premier League campaign. The last Liverpool stopper to do so was Simon Mignolet in 2013-14, when the Reds came so close to winning the Premier League title under Brendan Rodgers.

– Alisson won the Premier League’s Golden Glove award after keeping 21 clean sheets from 38 games, one more than Manchester City’s Ederson, having conceded exactly one fewer goal than his Brazil team-mate.

– Those 21 clean sheets are the most any Liverpool goalkeeper has collected in a single Premier League campaign – one more than Pepe Reina’s tally of 20 in 2008-09.

– Of all the goalkeepers in the Premier League to make five appearances or more, Alisson’s save percentage of 77.08% was the best in the competition.

– Alisson has played nine times for Brazil to date in 2018-19, conceding just once. He is yet to taste defeat this season with his country.

– Since completing his move to Liverpool, Allison has kept the same number of clean sheets (35) as he has conceded goals (35).[/article]

He is supreme, a leader from the back and truly great at his job. Couldn't love the guy more and hope he stays on for many more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom