• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the conversation ..

It was frogfish bringing up the suggestion that overhauling 8 pts In The league with 22 games to go or whatever it is is only possible with suffering an 'unprecedented meltdown' I simply drew a parallel of that exact scenario plus a few points on top literally occured at this point last season! It wouldn't be unprecedented given a 7pt overhaul last season (Vs 8pt lead this season)

My point is still , it's utterly bizarre and borderline retarded to write off a team currently in second place , with a higher gd and ONLY 8 points behind us from winning the title , given events of recent seasons and more specifically last season a similar overhaul occured !
Except that overhaul was completed by the defending champions and arguably the best league team ever. Leicester City are nowhere near that level. The only reason they are been spoken about is because City have dropped more points. If Man City were 5 pts behind us nobody would be talking about Leicester City. It’s like when people claimed Spurs were title challengers last year when they were 6pts back at the turn of the year.

Except that overhaul was completed by the defending champions and arguably the best league team ever. Leicester City are nowhere near that level. The only reason they are been spoken about is because City have dropped more points. If Man City were 5 pts behind us nobody would be talking about Leicester City. It’s like when people claimed Spurs were title challengers last year when they were 6pts back at the turn of the year.

Yeah, that was very funny.

Not sure it's exactly the same (it's Spurs)

Also the reason most fans ‘dumb cunts’ think we will get 95+ again might have something to do with this

Liverpool have:

Not lost any match for 76 days
Not lost in the Premier League for 333 days
Not lost in any competition at Anfield for 431 days
Not lost in the Premier League at Anfield for 953 days

Absolutely incredible!

Also the reason most fans ‘dumb cunts’ think we will get 95+ again might have something to do with this

Liverpool have:

Not lost any match for 76 days
Not lost in the Premier League for 333 days
Not lost in any competition at Anfield for 431 days
Not lost in the Premier League at Anfield for 953 days

Absolutely incredible!

That is nice stats. Hopefully we don't zero all that out tomorrow evening.

Read the conversation ..

It was frogfish bringing up the suggestion that overhauling 8 pts In The league with 22 games to go or whatever it is is only possible with suffering an 'unprecedented meltdown' I simply drew a parallel of that exact scenario plus a few points on top literally occured at this point last season! It wouldn't be unprecedented given a 7pt overhaul last season (Vs 8pt lead this season)

My point is still , it's utterly bizarre and borderline retarded to write off a team currently in second place , with a higher gd and ONLY 8 points behind us from winning the title , given events of recent seasons and more specifically last season a similar overhaul occured !
What is bizarre is you continue to draw parallels between City and Leicester. Which is the point I made. In your scenario Leicester would have to go from here on for an unprecedented run (for them - as I stated but you continue to ignore due to your agenda) for the rest of the season.
Let’s say they drop just 14 points from here to the end of the season (they have dropped 10 in 14 games so far) - that would be unprecedented for them - that means we have to drop 22, say 4 defeats and 5 draws, for this team that would be unprecedented. Got it yet? Fuck me. Brick wall and all that.

Like the 14 pts they dropped between jan 1st and winning the title in the 2015/16 season you mean?

That combined with us losing matches in a stacked fixture pile up? Yeah, truly unbelievable

You and dreamy are right, its impossible.

Like the 14 pts they dropped between jan 1st and winning the title in the 2015/16 season you mean?

That combined with us losing matches in a stacked fixture pile up? Yeah, truly unbelievable

Was that this team? No it wasn't and you know it. And do you know the difference between 'unprecedented' and 'impossible'? Clearly you are struggling. Stop being a dickhead.

Lol. First off they dropped 15 points not 14.

Secondly that was after the nightmare Xmas period so let’s see how many points they drop over the next 4 weeks.

Nobody said it was impossible, just not that it’s so unlikely it’s not even worth discussing at this stage.

Man City are the bench mark and will continue to be so.

You have an interesting definition of a benchmark.

CONCERNED CITIZEN: "Oh hey, how deep is the river today, I'm worried my house is going to flood."

DREAMY: "Oh, it's right up to the bottom of that boat over there."

Excuse me for setting the benchmark against the back to back champions. I’ll happily take a bet that anyone who finishes ahead of Man City win the league.

Excuse me for setting the benchmark against the back to back champions. I’ll happily take a bet that anyone who finishes ahead of Man City win the league.

Yes, and that has nothing to do with a benchmark. You are just making educated guesses about what will happen based on prior results. There's a series of marks this all gets judged against , and they are called points. We don't have to worry about city at all, we need to worry about squad depth and our own performance levels. Our only benchmark should be our superior peformance over the last many months.

Yes, and that has nothing to do with a benchmark. You are just making educated guesses about what will happen based on prior results. There's a series of marks this all gets judged against , and they are called points. We don't have to worry about city at all, we need to worry about squad depth and our own performance levels. Our only benchmark should be our superior peformance over the last many months.

Ya because achieving our highest ever points total last year did wonders for us winning the title.

The bench mark is getting more points than everyone else. And like it or not City are the top of that pile and there is little evidence to suggest that after 38 games they won’t be the team to beat to win the title.

Ya because achieving our highest ever points total last year did wonders for us winning the title.

The bench mark is getting more points than everyone else. And like it or not City are the top of that pile and there is little evidence to suggest that after 38 games they won’t be the team to beat to win the title.

What pile are they on top of? Do you know what a benchmark is?

Are we their benchmark right now?

Or are we two teams competing to gain points and you are using a dumb word pundits think sounds nice. A correct use of benchmark would be relegation strugglers attempting to get 40 points. It's a fixed point you can measure against, i.e. a benchmark.

What pile are they on top of? Do you know what a benchmark is?

The season is 14 games in. The bench mark for me is based off 38 games and there is only one team to beat when it comes to that.

It’s like that shite people post that say ‘oh we are top of you take calendar year’ or any other irrelevant metric. The only one that counts is the number of points you accumulate over a 38 game season.

City have finished top of that pile in the last two seasons and taking us out of the equation are the overwhelming favourites to be there again.

So of course we should be worried about them and them only. Sure maybe Leicester or Chelsea can go and win 24 games in a row and win the league or something similar, but it’s so unlikely it’s silly to even discuss.

There’s a reason the odds look something like the

Us 1.3
Man City 4.5
Leicester City 23
Chelsea 150

City are the team to beat and the clear benchmark when it comes to winning the title.

The season is 14 games in. The bench mark for me is based off 38 games and there is only one team to beat when it comes to that.

It’s like that shite people post that say ‘oh we are top of you take calendar year’ or any other irrelevant metric. The only one that counts is the number of points you accumulate over a 38 game season.

City have finished top of that pile in the last two seasons and taking us out of the equation are the overwhelming favourites to be there again.

So of course we should be worried about them and them only. Sure maybe Leicester or Chelsea can go and win 24 games in a row and win the league or something similar, but it’s so unlikely it’s silly to even discuss.

There’s a reason the odds look something like the

Us 1.3
Man City 4.5
Leicester City 23
Chelsea 150

City are the team to beat and the clear benchmark when it comes to winning the title.

So city are the benchmark, but we're more likely to win based on the odds, and Leicester have non negligible odds. And the only thing that matters is being on top of the table after 38 games, and other self-evident facts, but what we should really muse about is how we compare to one other team, as opposed to just looking at the table? Ok, so we're at 8 points now, and leicester are at zero. City are always at zero points! That's the only thing that can't change.

But their performance can change, but that's ok, because seemingly that's how a benchmark works.

I'm glad you aren't a carpenter.

Was that this team? No it wasn't and you know it. And do you know the difference between 'unprecedented' and 'impossible'? Clearly you are struggling. Stop being a dickhead.
Im struggling?

Your piling in on another stupid dreamy take, not me.

So city are the benchmark, but we're more likely to win based on the odds, and Leicester have non negligible odds. And the only thing that matters is being on top of the table after 38 games, and other self-evident facts, but what we should really muse about is how we compare to one other team, as opposed to just looking at the table? Ok, so we're at 8 points now, and leicester are at zero. City are always at zero points! That's the only thing that can't change.

But their performance can change, but that's ok, because seemingly that's how a benchmark works.

I'm glad you aren't a carpenter.

Ha I went to a trade school and was a straight A student in woodwork, metal work, tech graphics and physics & chemistry.

Go figure.

Danny INGS scores again in a struggling side. Imagine how many he’d get in a top side

I tell you what, the quality of picture on this prime is horrendous. I've found streams 10x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom