• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Official transfers have started

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be really messy for Chelsea's accounts. Firstly, it's likely they're still paying his full salary and they will have an amortisation charge of £20m+ going through the books. So they could still be looking at a £25-30m charge this year for a player who isn't even at the club.
But it gets potentially worse for them. As he will be out of their playing squad at their next year end (30 June 2023) they will need to assess his market value against his accounts value at that time (likely c £60m). If they can't justify him being worth at least £60m at that time, they'll have to take a further hit to write him down to his true value.
Which means their accounts, where they're already running up huge losses, will be even more of a mess.
What's more, the big profit they made on Hazard which has been getting them out of the shit on FFP will drop out of the three-year count-back this year and they may find themselves having to answer to UEFA (and the Premier League) on FFP.
Yeah, I know, big deal, who cares?
American owners, that's who cares.

This could be really messy for Chelsea's accounts. Firstly, it's likely they're still paying his full salary and they will have an amortisation charge of £20m+ going through the books. So they could still be looking at a £25-30m charge this year for a player who isn't even at the club.
But it gets potentially worse for them. As he will be out of their playing squad at their next year end (30 June 2023) they will need to assess his market value against his accounts value at that time (likely c £60m). If they can't justify him being worth at least £60m at that time, they'll have to take a further hit to write him down to his true value.
Which means their accounts, where they're already running up huge losses, will be even more of a mess.
What's more, the big profit they made on Hazard which has been getting them out of the shit on FFP will drop out of the three-year count-back this year and they may find themselves having to answer to UEFA (and the Premier League) on FFP.
Yeah, I know, big deal, who cares?
American owners, that's who cares.

Everton will come to Chelsea's rescue. They love overpaying for a player who did not quite make the mark at big clubs.

[article]Austria Wien have snapped up Liverpool defender Billy Koumetio.

The young Frenchman moves to Austria Wien on a straight loan for the season.

"I'm looking forward to the new season and I'm excited to get started. I have researched the club and I think it all seems very interesting," said Koumetio.

"I felt welcome right away."

The 19 year-old has played two first team games for Liverpool. He made his debut against FC Midtjylland in the Champions League in December 2020.[/article]

[article]Wolves defender Ki-Jana Hoever has made a season-long loan move to Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven ahead of the 2022/23 campaign.

The 20-year-old, who has played 25 times for Wolves over the past two seasons, heads to his home nation in a bid to continue his development and gain more opportunities at a big European club.

Strategic player marketing manager Matt Jackson told the club's website: “You can't have young players not playing regular football for too long and he's too much of a talent not to be playing every week. He's gone to a magnificent football club, who play in Europe, so we're delighted with how that's going to progress him and hopefully he'll help PSV be competitive, chasing Ajax down at the top.

“Playing in the Champions League would be brilliant for him. We had Nigel Lonwijk out there, so I saw a lot of the league last year and really liked the culture. It's a great place to live and is Ki-Jana's home country.

“There's big club pressure which we like to challenge the lads with and he'll experience that. He could have played in England, we had offers, but with the stature of club and competitions they're in, it can provide fantastic experiences.

“As professional footballers, you want to play every week. It's the game you love and it's hard to be a squad player – not playing regular football is frustrating. We want players to have the opportunity to progress and show they're good enough to play every week in the Premier League, and Ki-Jana has that ability."[/article]

Last edited:
Newcastle's recruitment is looking almost as good as ours, and that's before Dan Ashworth arrives as DOF. Can see them challenging for a Europa League spot.

Agreed. I said this earlier but so far they seem to make sensible well thought through signings.
There is a case in regards to Wood though.

Agreed. I said this earlier but so far they seem to make sensible well thought through signings.
There is a case in regards to Wood though.
Following the City model where they signed expensive mid tier players.. climbed the table before swapping for better players a couple of years later.

Let's be honest Wood is a mid table player. He's not a championship player.

A bit like Roque Santa Cruz when he signed for City at the time.

Dont think you can compare them to Citys scattergun approach. Bar Wood for 25 mill £, they've spent sensible.
12 mill for Burn, Targett and Trippier.
10 mill for Pope.
Bruno Guimaraes and Willock are players they can build the team around.
Sad to say they are taking a much more thought through approach then I imagined.

City spent 20 mill on Roque Santa Cruz and 24 mill on Joleon Lescott in 2009.

Perhaps they've seen the error of the city and chelsea initial approach. Slow build to success rather than having it instantly

Good moves by Forest.

Also sees us net 1,75 mill £ from the Awoniyi transfer.

My cousin's a Juve fan and is chuffed to bits about it. He won't be so smug if they get the couldn't-give-a-stuff Pogba back, but Pogba will have an easier time back in Serie A and that'll suit the dozy get. To think we were linked with him at one stage [shudders].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom