• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Official transfers have started

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure. Point I was making was that they may well not do any worse than they have been doing recently after p!$$ing millions up the wall.

I'm not sure they will spend big TBH. I suspect the purse-strings are going to be tightened - not sure they'd have let Richarlison go otherwise. It may not actually set them back - Lampard did OK at Chelsea to begin with when they were under a transfer ban. The big question will be whether their youngsters are good enough.
I think it's more about profit than cash at this stage. They've still got the relegated clubs threatening legal action against them for fudging FFP with the Premier League. Selling Richarlison will probably net them about £30m in profit, which will make this year's results look a bit less shit (hence them pushing it through today as it's the last day of their financial year - Spurs know this and have tried to use it as leverage).
Historically, cash hasn't been an issue with Moshiri (Usmanov?) pumping cash in willy nilly, but if the rumours about negotiations for sale are true then it sounds like that's gone to shit as well.
And Frank Lampard is still their manager.

They survived last season by the skin of their teeth. The results under Lampard were the same as under Benitez. Without Richarlason and Gordon they are fucked

Where's Gordon going?

philippines-diver.gif

Can someone explain how Richarlison goes for 60m, but Phillips only goes for 45m to man city...like, where is the English premium there? Something really stinks about the man city transfers..they always seem to be between 40-50m

City cooking the books again. All transfer fees should be net of agent fees too (ourselves included).
And salaries (saw City's salary bill today - below ours, no way I believe that, though of course theirs is 'playing staff only with others paid by another 'company', whereas all other clubs are for all staff at the club. Still the interest on those offshore AD accounts must be piling up) ... and 'commission' (WTAF) paid to fathers.

£60M for Richarlison really makes the Nunez deal look not so expensive. He's decent, but no chance of him being a world-class striker – apparently that level of player costs £60M now. Darwin is a work in progress, but he has the upside to get to the very top.

And Everton paid £50m a few years ago. That's why I wasn't bothered by the Nunez fee - you don't tend to get much for £50m now.

£60M for Richarlison really makes the Nunez deal look not so expensive. He's decent, but no chance of him being a world-class striker – apparently that level of player costs £60M now. Darwin is a work in progress, but he has the upside to get to the very top.

Agreed. I’ve been fine with the Darwin fee but this really puts it in perspective.

I don't know, I think Richarlison can be very good but often just can't be arsed. We'll see what he does in a good team, it does seem like a very meh signing

Not sure about Jesus either, Raphinha is probably the pick of the 3 Brazil forwards moving for similar cash this summer

And Everton paid £50m a few years ago. That's why I wasn't bothered by the Nunez fee - you don't tend to get much for £50m now.
Very much here with you, fees have been blown out of all proportion recently, it's really quite difficult to know whats actually expensive or cheap now.

I don't know, I think Richarlison can be very good but often just can't be arsed......
Actually that's the opposite of what Blues fans think (I was just reading about their views on the coming season) ... they had him down as one of the few who ran and ran and bothered to get himself back to help out the defence.

He can be flaky though. Sometimes he will indeed keep running all day (and yes, their fans were impressed with the ground he covered to help them escape the drop) but sometimes not. He'll need to improve his consistency at Tottenham 'coz Conte isn't going to stand for him picking and choosing when to bother.

He’s not all that great with his feet, is he? By Brazilian standards no more than decent - he is more about strength and athleticism, getting on the end of a cross a split second earlier than the defender, that kind of thing. His style translates well to the EPL, but I don’t see him leading the line for a genuine top side.

Tarkowski is a good move for Everton but a bad move for Tarkowski if the Villa option was real

Everton probs offered him more cash.

If he has any sense, he will have a relegation release clause in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom