• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2018/19 Season

To be honest.. I doubt we'd swap 19th for 23rd until draft day and Jackson was still on the table. I'd expect us to trade up higher if we really wanted him.

Most mock drafts don't have him coming off the table before 23rd anyway. Surprisingly.

Draft starts tomorrow. Thoughts @LeTallecWiz and @The Nomad ?
Wonder what we'll go for at 19th, probably a defensive pick. WR at the 50th.

There's two options here imo IF we stay there - Ridley (WR Alabama) or the Boise State LB

I can see us trading back with the Pats or Panthers and getting an extra pick or two to get Earl Thomas.

Top 5 for me:

1) Josh Allen
2) Sam Darnold
3) The Oklahoma kid
4) Barkley
5) Nelson

Allen sounds like the most likely bust of the top QB's.

He completed 56% of his passes in college. I can't see him becoming more accurate in the NFL where the defences are much better.

He sounds more like the next Brock Osweiler.

There's two options here imo IF we stay there - Ridley (WR Alabama) or the Boise State LB

I can see us trading back with the Pats or Panthers and getting an extra pick or two to get Earl Thomas.

Top 5 for me:

1) Josh Allen
2) Sam Darnold
3) The Oklahoma kid
4) Barkley
5) Nelson

Yeah, I think we’ll at least try to set up a trade for Thomas.

I like Vita Vea. If he’s around at 19 we should go for him.
He was one of the 30 visits as well.

2 QB's + Barkley and Chubb to go in top 4 picks.
Browns to fuck up by not drafting Barkley #1 and regret it.

NE draft a QB and OT in round one if they don't trade up.

6 QBs drafted in round 1.

Thats my predicts.

Yeah, I think we’ll at least try to set up a trade for Thomas.

I like Vita Vea. If he’s around at 19 we should go for him.
He was one of the 30 visits as well.

Vea at the latest will be gone to SD (they need S or DT).
I think he goes to Washington or the Dolphins (to replace Suh)

Allen sounds like the most likely bust of the top QB's.

He completed 56% of his passes in college. I can't see him becoming more accurate in the NFL where the defences are much better.

He sounds more like the next Brock Osweiler.

I think he's got far more arm talent than Brock. That will help him ...

I think he's got far more arm talent than Brock. That will help him ...

Arm strength ? or talent ?

Apparently he's not great under pressure so you'd have to wonder how often arm strength will be a factor. Is he going to be launching many 70 yard passes in the NFL?

2 QB's + Barkley and Chubb to go in top 4 picks.
Browns to fuck up by not drafting Barkley #1 and regret it.

NE draft a QB and OT in round one if they don't trade up.

6 QBs drafted in round 1.

Thats my predicts.
Barkley will go at 1 surely.
They get their QB 2 picks later

Arm strength ? or talent ?

Apparently he's not great under pressure so you'd have to wonder how often arm strength will be a factor. Is he going to be launching many 70 yard passes in the NFL?

Strength and talent - he has it ... I think he'll go 1 or 6/8 (someone will trade with Colts or Bears to get him)

Strength and talent - he has it ... I think he'll go 1 or 6/8 (someone will trade with Colts or Bears to get him)

'In two seasons as a starter, Allen ranked 32nd (2016) and 73rd (2017) in passer rating. '

'Nothing is perfectly predictive, but as you can see, the only others to have below-average final college seasons were Beathard (lost his NFL starting job in 2017), McCown (didn’t become a steady NFL contributor until his 11th season), and Siemian (being replaced as an NFL starter).

completion_percentage_by_zone.png

And Allen never played against a top ten college pass defence.

I get that he is a real athlete and looks like a QB should, but it appears he has a way to go before being NFL ready. And most say the closest NFL comp for him is Jake Locker.

'In two seasons as a starter, Allen ranked 32nd (2016) and 73rd (2017) in passer rating. '

'Nothing is perfectly predictive, but as you can see, the only others to have below-average final college seasons were Beathard (lost his NFL starting job in 2017), McCown (didn’t become a steady NFL contributor until his 11th season), and Siemian (being replaced as an NFL starter).

completion_percentage_by_zone.png

And Allen never played against a top ten college pass defence.

I get that he is a real athlete and looks like a QB should, but it appears he has a way to go before being NFL ready. And most say the closest NFL comp for him is Jake Locker.

I was going through some ESPN 'guess who was the better QB' based on stats ... and they were mind blowing how QBs with similar stats in university played out very differently in the pros. I actually think Josh Rosen has the most upside (though with the right offensive mind, Jackson could be great too) but Allen has the tools to be great. He needs time to work with big time coaching, and probably a patient franchise, but I think he has tremendous potential.

Khan puts a cheeky £800m bid for Wembley stadium.

Aim to keep Jags in Jacksonville but block the NFL creating a London franchise.

Barkley will go at 1 surely.
They get their QB 2 picks later
That is the smart play.. Thats the play every other team would do.

This is Browns.

Giants are playing a smart game saying they want Chubb rather than Barkley.

Everyone knows Jets want Mayfield.

I expect

#1 Darnold
#2 Barkley (Giants to fuck Browns over)
#3 Mayfield
#4 Chubb (Garrett and Chubb not bad, but dumb move passing on Barkley)
#5 QB TBC

I was going through some ESPN 'guess who was the better QB' based on stats ... and they were mind blowing how QBs with similar stats in university played out very differently in the pros. I actually think Josh Rosen has the most upside (though with the right offensive mind, Jackson could be great too) but Allen has the tools to be great. He needs time to work with big time coaching, and probably a patient franchise, but I think he has tremendous potential.

Is there a successful NFL QB who had stats like Allen in college?

That is the smart play.. Thats the play every other team would do.

This is Browns.

Giants are playing a smart game saying they want Chubb rather than Barkley.

Everyone knows Jets want Mayfield.

I expect

#1 Darnold
#2 Barkley (Giants to fuck Browns over)
#3 Mayfield
#4 Chubb (Garrett and Chubb not bad, but dumb move passing on Barkley)
#5 QB TBC

No way they'll pick Chubb if Barkley isn't available - they cannot have two highly priced DLs to pay in 4-5 years ... It will kill them.

They'll trade down if they're stuck there ...

But they are going for a QB pick 1!! Even though Giants aren't going for a QB.

Is that smart?

Sorry - if the Giants were not interested in taking a QB, they'd have taken what the Jets offered the COlts! IT was to move to the 6th pick and 2 2nd rounders ... That is GOLD for a roster that needs players ... Their silence leads me to believe they'll pick Eli's successor.

Ill stick my neck on the fact they trust their luck to get a QB at 4

If they pass the ONE RB talent up when there are 5 arguably similar talents at QB it would be fucking nuts.

Ill stick my neck on the fact they trust their luck to get a QB at 4

If they pass the ONE RB talent up when there are 5 arguably similar talents at QB it would be fucking nuts.
Yep.. However all analysts and reporters saying Mayfield WILL be pick #1

Back
Top Bottom