• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2021/2022 season

Yeah, I was hoping for Slater. Lets hope they know what they are doing.
I like the trade down for an extra pick in the top 100.

Hopes for our 4 picks today - one of these:

Tevin Jenkins
Asante Samuel or Kelvin Joseph
Jevon Holland or Elijah Molden
Marvin Wilson

Maybe but at least the trade down netted something else.

Delighted Fields didn't go to the Pats.

Yah getting a 3rd for the player you wanted (supposedly) is great (3 3rd rounders now) but you had a OL who can play Guard and Tackle, who absolutely destroyed Chase Young in college, for a team who's O-line can't stay healthy.

Surprised Bill didn't trade up for him ... Let's see if Mac is Tom MK II

I was listening to a podcast on OL's specifically and about some of things scouts look to see in tackles - one of them is arm length. Apparently there's a long list of short armed tackles who never succeed in the NFL and always end up moving inside to Guard so they can stay in the league. The exception to the rule is the odd ridiculously explosive tackle whose speed and agility makes up for the lack of length - and Sewell might be that player.

Apparently 34 inches is what teams look for and nobody with 33 inches or less arms succeeds at tackle. All of the tackles in this draft have short arms, so they're all potentially guards in the long run and worth a whole lot less as a result.

So it might actually turn out to be very clever to avoid Slater because you can pick up a guard later in the draft.

I don't know the OL is going to help Harris much

Read a couple of articles where the Steelers GM said that there are a number of OL draft prospects. He expects to pick up OL in the second or third round of the draft.

I like the Joseph and Osa picks, but the two late 3rd picks seems like a waist.

I like the Joseph and Osa picks, but the two late 3rd picks seems like a waist.

Golston is a solid solid player - but they could have had him next round. High floor.
I don't even know who the CB is - he's just big, and can't tackle, and seems like a UFA or 7th rounder ... TERRIBLE PICK. Should have had Marvin Wilson - jackasses.

Jabril Cox is a good 4th round pick

Golston is a solid solid player - but they could have had him next round. High floor.
I don't even know who the CB is - he's just big, and can't tackle, and seems like a UFA or 7th rounder ... TERRIBLE PICK. Should have had Marvin Wilson - jackasses.

Jabril Cox is a good 4th round pick

Yeah, I feel more relieved about Golston after the scouting reports.
Day 3 has been pretty good. Cox, Ball, the WR and DT.
Ball had some off the field issues, which are bad, but if that is moved on from then he is according to Brugler a top 100 prospect.

The CB pick yesterday. Such a weird one. 6’4 frame and ball skills, like shooting for the stars and hoping to strike gold.
Shame that Molden, Melifonwu etc went straight after.

Yah the CB yesterday was shocking ... could have had him much later on.

Still see Marvin Wilson is free - I hope we get him as UFA ... and Ardarius Washington ... a

Yah the CB yesterday was shocking ... could have had him much later on.

Still see Marvin Wilson is free - I hope we get him as UFA ... and Ardarius Washington ... a

Washington signed for the Ravens as UFA, he’ll obviously be a badass player!

well ... i watched Q2-Q4 live ...
Cowboys defense will be much better - Parsons, the person I said they were idiots to pass (well Slater will be an all-pro by next year too), is going to change the defense ... he's unreal.

As for the game against the Bucs - really should have won it ... Played well. Loved what they did with Kearse, offense was good (bar drops by CD) and Special teams cost us a W ...
BUt that's the Cowboys way ... since then? Gallup out for a month and La'el Collins out for 5 games ... So watch the idiot HC put Steele at RT instead of either:
1) Tyron -- McGovern -- Badass - Martin -- Williams
2) Tyron - Williams - Badass - McGovern - Martin

Collins suspended for 5 games, Gallup injured for 4 weeks, Gregory on the Covid list and now Tank Lawrence out for 6-8 weeks.
Hello 2021, same as 2020

@LeTallecWiz

Surprised at the lack of updates on this thread from @LeTallecWiz and @Hansern

The Boys look good. Rumblings of SuperBowl run in the media here. Or are you guys afraid of jinxing the run?

The Boys look good. Rumblings of SuperBowl run in the media here. Or are you guys afraid of jinxing the run?

No one is interested in nfl it seems ... ross bored, Mc no longer posts and you have been quiet too!

Cowboys look very dangerous...
Top qb, top rb, top wrs, good ol and solid team.
The d is still young and is learning ... 11 is ridiculous ... and what Quinn has done with the dollar store safeties has been clAss. Osa was a great pick and Diggs is a to machine (but still has to improve his coverage skills)

I think well make the playoffs ... ;)

I've thought about posting in this thread many times during the last weeks, but just forgot about it.
The Boyz look good. So many studs on offense and Quinn has done a fantastic job so far with the defense. The 2021 draft class looks insanely good.
I had my reservations about Parsons, but he just looks like the best defensive player already and has a fantastic attitude and a yard dog approach which we have sorely missed.

Have to say the rest of the NFC east looks horrendous though. Philly with some good moments and Hurts have been good.

I liked the decision to get rid of Jaylon. Good for the team going forward and the right move given his contract.

After watching Big Ben throw and the offensive line, I have given up on this season.

Big Ben's arm seems wonky.
You guys - regardless of where you finish - will have a chance to trade into the top 10 next year to get a QB as most of the shit teams this year will not draft a QB (Jags, NY teams etc).

Didnt Tomlin say he wants a veteran QB next season as well? Who in that case?

Where will Deshaun Watson end up?

Didnt Tomlin say he wants a veteran QB next season as well? Who in that case?

Where will Deshaun Watson end up?

Watson ... I'm amazed the NFL has been so silent on this ... Not a good look.
I'd say he ends up at ... Denver (if Teddy doesn't take Broncos to the playoffs) or Miami (if Tua tanks when he comes back).

Big Ben's arm seems wonky.
You guys - regardless of where you finish - will have a chance to trade into the top 10 next year to get a QB as most of the shit teams this year will not draft a QB (Jags, NY teams etc).

That definitely is the most likely option. There has been some talk of interest from Aaron Rodgers. Russell Willson is also planning to request a trade next off season apparently and the Steelers are one of the rumored destinations. But I highly doubt either of those will happen. My guess is Rodgers will leave for Denver and Wilson will be at Seattle or another team that can accommodate his salary.

No one is interested in nfl it seems ... ross bored, Mc no longer posts and you have been quiet too!

Cowboys look very dangerous...
Top qb, top rb, top wrs, good ol and solid team.
The d is still young and is learning ... 11 is ridiculous ... and what Quinn has done with the dollar store safeties has been clAss. Osa was a great pick and Diggs is a to machine (but still has to improve his coverage skills)

I think well make the playoffs ... ;)

Nah, I talk NFL all the time in the WhatsApp group I'm in for fantasy football.

Heading to London next weekend too, Jags v. Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom