• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Moyes sacked.

I hope the cunts enjoy the wilderness.

Please keep track of all your United supporting colleagues and advise them that Liverpool is good for supporters at the moment.

the Dutch Flasher
Potloodventer. My favourite Dutch word. It means pencil seller.

858f5e78cb5aa980ff205ca49954abc2.jpg

Hell no. Given we don't have any decent funds, plays exactly the opposite style the fat bellied ones want to play and proven he's shit at motivation.

I'd rather stick with the mentalist Pardew. At least we had a half decent effort this season, moyes would be instant favourite for relegation.
I suppose but he did well enough at Everton with zero budget. He even got them playing some decent footy. And don't forget he is a winner.....;)

Having had their fingers burned, they'll want a manager who has won a significant title somewhere this time. Even if he's not the best candidate available (e.g. they go el cheapo and opt to not pay off the contracts of the top ones), it'll at least save the board some grief from fans.

Love this .... it's taking the pressure right off our match vs Chelsea. I think the media have even forgotten we exist :D

Mourinho will never let that happen, unfortunately. The fucker loves the limelight. I won't be surprised if he empties a bucket of fish over Abramovic's head so that he can get the sack and slip over to Manchester. Half of me wants him to do that so we can laugh at his fucking sourpuss face when he fails to win the league title even when he doesn't have the distracting thousand games and hundreds of crippling injuries from European competition.

It seems that they had to wait it was mathematically impossible to reach CL to avoid a big payout... Then you can think what actually sacking him at xmas and making the CL would be worth?

The pay off would have been about 50m all in, & they wouldn't have got near that figure without guaranteed group stage & last 16 success as they'd have been doing it from 4th place so their share would be lower.

Klopp is said to pride himself on the fact that he's never broken a contract.

IMO it's looking more and more like the Dutch Flasher is going to be their next boss (appaz the bookies now make him favourite) which could go either way. The clash of egos between him and Ginsoak will be entertaining even before you get to footballing matters - unless the fact that Moyes was Ferguson's choice has reduced the old git's clout too much for things to get to that stage.

What would be funny if he goes there is that it will totally shaft spurs who've sacked sherwood thinking they had van gaal lined to take over.

But, but, but what about Moyes and his future battles with Guardiola? he was looking forward to them, oh well, theres always the playstation.

I don't think we could have really asked for much more tbh, 10 months of pure comedy, a most acceptable season, as much as it would have been good to see him carry on we can't really complain, its been a brilliant sideshow for us.

Hopefully (one of Moyes favourite words) Van Gaal is a disaster for them.

There are several templates I hope they now consider. I'd love them to go for a Cloughie at Leeds style option - bring in a big presence with a big ego who'll try to cut everyone down to size and generally piss them all off. That would be fun. And seeing as Moyes was deemed too weak that isn't completely implausible.

It would ace if they took that cunt on. An easy to hate technocrat, they may as well hire Mandelson or Crozier.

Next year will be interesting with regards to that lot. Summer spending too. Look at spurs and avb. Came highly regarded and was given a bomb to spend and nothing to show for it.
Doesn't matter who the new guy at the helm is and how much he is given, it's still going to take time to achieve success, which is far from guaranteed regardless of what they spend. That squad needs a huge overhaul. No guarantee the new signings would cut it or gel.

The only two I would look at would be Maureen or Carlo. Both know the league and have managed to gain success here and can handle big teams, big players and big expectations domestically and in Europe.

I have a feeling/hope that the inexperience of Woodward will shine through and they have a Fabregas summer and end up with nobody. Giggs could well be in place for next year.

That would be nice, gerry, but I can't see it.
It's a huge business more than a club and that business model is based on repeated success and the money out brings in on a regular and consistent basis. A couple of seasons outside the top four and things take a big turn for the worse for them. I think they'll throw serious money at a new manager who is unlikely to be Ryan.

There are several templates I hope they now consider. I'd love them to go for a Cloughie at Leeds style option - bring in a big presence with a big ego who'll try to cut everyone down to size and generally piss them all off. That would be fun. And seeing as Moyes was deemed too weak that isn't completely implausible.

I wonder if they'll go with experience (e.g. Van Gaal) + understudy (e.g. Giggs) now with the aim of the club darling taking over at the end of the term, or go young right away (e.g. Pochettino, Martinez). I'm thinking it'll more likely be the former, as the disaster with Moyes will probably prompt them to get someone who has won something notable.

Or they could go with someone in between such as Blanc, who isn't too young or old, and who will win a league title which is neither that significant nor insignificant. Middle of the road and bland. Hope they choose this one.

I'm struggling to see what the big deal about Pochettino is.
He's spent as much as us,Arsenal and Everton and yet has been lauded for guiding them to a mid table finish whilst having the benefits of having no European distraction.
He's all a bit meh to me anyways.

They've surely now ruled out the option of trying anyone who might need time. So that limits them to going from one tried and tested figure to the next. That's actually very easy to sympathise with, given the size of the club, but it's incredibly ironic that they should commit to that just when Rodgers has defied convention in such spectacular fashion.

They've surely now ruled out the option of trying anyone who might need time. So that limits them to going from one tried and tested figure to the next. That's actually very easy to sympathise with, given the size of the club, but it's incredibly ironic that they should commit to that just when Rodgers has defied convention in such spectacular fashion.

I think there's a very slim chance they could still try going that route, but they'll know they've got to absolutely nail it this time in terms of getting the right person who will show them signs of moving in the right direction, even if they say, finish 5th. The board's credibility is at stake though, so it'll take some balls to go with that option as it could very well blow up right in their face again if they pick a young gun who finishes 8th and leaves the camp divided on whether the team is moving forward or not.

Though given how they trembled and deferred to Ferguson in appointing Moyes, they probably don't have much courage to try that route.

Back
Top Bottom