• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Moyes sacked.

Oh what rotten news to wake up to. I would like to say I'm thinking of you @Gary25 for what must be a fairly traumatic time ;)

Now what the hell are they going to do? Give it to Giggs? God I hope so!

Borussia Dortmund have rubbished rumours linking Juergen Klopp with Manchester United, telling ESPN FC their coach will stay “until 2018 -- no ifs or buts.”

United confirmed that Moyes’ reign had been brought to an end on Tuesday morning, and there has been speculation that Klopp -- who guided Dortmund to last season’s Champions League final -- is among the top candidates for the role.

However, on Saturday Klopp had dismissed rumours he could leave Borussia in response to claims Barcelona have shown interest, and BVB director of communication Sascha Fligge has now ruled out any prospect the 46-year-old could take charge at Old Trafford.

“Juergen Klopp already dismissed rumours linking him to Barcelona on our official homepage on Saturday,” Fligge told ESPN FC.

The former FSV Mainz coach extended his contract until 2018 in October and Fligge said there was no possibility he would leave before then.
Before extending his deal, Klopp had been touted as a potential successor to Sir Alex Ferguson, and Fligge added: “We’ve already had this last year, but it’s final, even if some people don’t want to believe it.”

Klopp, who guided Dortmund to a fourth consecutive Champions League appearance at the weekend for the first time in the club’s history, had said he was “still a bit in love” with BVB when rejecting the Barca speculation.

Hmmmmmm.... Giggs might be the best they get to be honest.

Who's gonna want to go there when they're not in the Champions League and require a major rebuild? Why would Klopp, Simeone, Guardiola or anyone like that leave top CL clubs to go and clean up the mess Moyes made?

They lost their shot last year when Ferguson decided he didn't want someone better than him in Mourinho to come in, and they're now competing with the likes of Spurs for the second tier of European managers. The Van Gaal's of the world.

It's rather brilliant really. Suck shit you pack of Manc cunts.

To be honest, I think Klopp and Simione will be tempted.
They keep losing their best players every year and have to develop new players, and when they do well, lose them as well.
Klopp would no longer have another club poaching all his best players every season, with a licence to create a team in his vision with a war chest bigger than any other club in the league.
Simione will be able to leave a club 500m in debt, who will lose the best goal keeper in the league and one of the hottest forwards in europe come the summer.

I just hope Van Gaal or Big Sam or whoever else hurries up and signs a contract with them.

I will miss this

BKze_t7CIAQfe5y.jpg

I'm sure the league cup would have saved him aswell, given their standard aspirations.

In all seriousness, none of the fans were truly happy with Moyes in the first place, and if you look at what happened to an actual legend (as both player and manager) at Liverpool after winning the league cup, I think it's fair to say it would have made no difference to Moyes.

I can see Moyes doing a decent job for another club of Everton's type (mid-ranking club making the best of not very much). Newcastle might well be about his mark.

"It's a great honour to be asked to be the next manager of Manchester United. I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done and for the football club. I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn't something that comes around very often and I'm really looking forward to taking up the post next season." - Moyes speaking after it was announced that he would replace Sir Alex Ferguson.

"It was a strange situation. I had no idea whatsoever until Sir Alex gave me a call and asked me to come to his house. I was expecting him to say, 'I'm going to take one of your players' or something else. I went in and the first thing he said to me was, 'I'm retiring'. I said, 'When?' because he was never retiring, and he said, 'Next week!' His next words were, 'You're the next Manchester United manager'. I didn't get the chance to say yes or no. As you can imagine, the blood drained from my face. I was shocked, more shocked that Sir Alex had chosen to retire. But inside I was incredibly thrilled that I was going to be given the chance to manage Manchester United." - Moyes speaking in July about being told the news by Ferguson.

"I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure. I think it's the hardest start for 20 years that Manchester United have had. I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year (that) the fixtures have been made much more difficult." - Moyes discussing United's tricky start to the season.

"Isn't it great that the club says, 'There's no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it'. We are looking at the best players. I do think it's important that we show people we are carrying on the traditions and trying to take the club forward." - On his summer transfer plans.

"I have worked with Marouane for five years and I'm delighted he has decided to join Manchester United. He is a player with great ability and strength and I think he will make a real difference to our squad." - After signing Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m.

"To win the Champions League you have to have five or six world-class players," Moyes told reporters after his side's surprise 2-1 Premier League loss to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday. If you look at Bayern Munich, they have five or six really world-class players and, to win it, you might have to have that in your squad. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past, and Real Madrid have maybe got it now. That's the level you have to get at to win it. We've not got that yet. What we have got is experience and several players who are in that category or close to it." - Speaking in September about United's Champions League hopes.

"It is not frustrating because I will sort it. I will fix it. I will turn it around. I have got no doubt about that. We know we have to improve. I am still getting to know them. They are really good team, they won the Premier League last year, but we need to make sure we improve." - After losing to Liverpool and Manchester City in United's worst start to a season for nine years.

"I think the table will sort itself out. I think the big games are all to come in the second half of the season. Undoubtedly Arsenal have been very consistent and they have got off to a great start but there will be a lot of teams now looking to chase them down and hopefully we will be one of them." - Following the 2-2 draw with Tottenham in December.

"I think if I'd brought him off (against Newcastle) some people would say 'What are you doing? You are 1-0 down and you're taking off your top goalscorer." - Moyes on playing a half-fit Robin van Persie for 90 minutes in the 1-0 defeat to Newcastle.

"I think there's a bigger job to be done, but you have to start somewhere. If you asked me what I needed most, I would have said a central midfielder, I could do with a left-back, but sometimes you don't always get the pieces of the jigsaw at the time. This is what I've been trying to allude to. I wasn't sure those pieces of the jigsaw would fall for us in this window. I hoped something would come up in this window that we wanted, and thankfully we got it." - On his ongoing plans following the £37m capture of Juan Mata.

"I don't know what we have to do to win. We played well today." - Speaking after United's 2-1 defeat to Stoke in February - their eighth loss of the campaign.

"I am thrilled that we have got Wayne Rooney to stay. He has been fantastic. Everyone would want him in their team. There were clubs who did want him. There were clubs who would have wanted him (had he not signed a new deal) but there was never going to be a chance he was going to leave Manchester United, certainly not on my watch." - On Wayne Rooney signing a new five-year £300,000-a-week contract in February.

"I remember when Wayne came to see me. He came up to my house. I said to him 'if you ask me what's missing, I think you've gone a bit soft'. I said 'I've watched you, I've not been your manager, but I just think you'd better get back to the old aggressive Wayne Rooney'. I think he thought 'yes, maybe that'. But what he had to was get to a level of fitness where he was able to produce that again, which is what he's done. I think he's done that. He's back, he's showing leadership qualities and he's shown exactly what it is to play for Manchester United." - Moyes revealing talks he held with Rooney following his appointment in the summer.

"That's the worst we have played in Europe. It was a really poor performance. We never really got going from the start and we didn't deserve anything because of the way we played. We never really got to grips with things and to a man you could hardly pick anybody out. We just didn't perform." - Following the 2-0 defeat to Olympiakos in the Champions League.

"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us and they possibly do come here as favorites. Liverpool are having a very good season and we will have to do everything we possibly can to beat them." - Ahead of Liverpool's visit to Old Trafford in March.

"The job was always going to be hard. Is it harder than I thought it would be? Yeah, I would say so." - Following the 3-0 defeat to Liverpool.

"I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time. I think we need to play better. We're needing to come up a couple of levels at the moment and we're not quite there." - Moyes on the 3-0 home defeat to Manchester City.

"We won't have Champions League football (next season) but I don't think it is far away. We need to rebuild, and our focus now is to get a team that can get back in this competition. My job is just to get on with it. It's is disappointing but the focus now is that we get a team ready to get back in there. It's a great competition, we've really enjoyed it and we need to get back in it." - Moyes on the defeat to Bayern Munich that saw United eliminated from the Champions League.

"We need to end the season on a high. We want to finish by winning all of our games. We'll do everything we possibly can to make that happen." - Moyes speaking to MUTV following United's 11th defeat of the season against Everton.

I can see Moyes doing a decent job for another club of Everton's type (mid-ranking club making the best of not very much). Newcastle might well be about his mark.

He didn't make the best out of what he had at United, they underperformed if anything.

I'd love if he went to Spurs or Arsenal or someone like that.

As I said, if people really thought the mancs would just let Moyes turn the club into a mid-table non-entity they were deluding themselves. The best you can hope for is that the job remains incredibly high pressured, and at least, by sacking Moyes now, they've ensured just that. It would have been worse if they'd really tried to be patient - because that would have reassured his more able successor that they'd too get time. As it is, anyone who gets the job will now feel they've got no more than a season to turn things around. What this has done is crank up the pressure even more. Quite encouraging for the rest of us.

As I said, if people really thought the mancs would just let Moyes turn the club into a mid-table non-entity they were deluding themselves. The best you can hope for is that the job remains incredibly high pressured, and at least, by sacking Moyes now, they've ensured just that. It would have been worse if they'd really tried to be patient - because that would have reassured his more able successor that they'd too get time. As it is, anyone who gets the job will now feel they've got no more than a season to turn things around. What this has done is crank up the pressure even more. Quite encouraging for the rest of us.

I was feeling down until I read this - cheered me up. Ta.

On Talksh!te this morning Mark Bosnich practically accused Ferguson of nominating Moyes in the first place for the purpose of ensuring that his (Ferguson's) own memory remained uppermost in people's minds. If that's a sample of infighting to come, that club has more damage to look forward to yet.

Love it. :vamp:

One year pay out seems to be in most of the press. Decision supposed to have been made in February.

Apparently there was a clause in his contract saying this was all they'd have to pay him to get rid of him if he failed to qualify for the CL.

Jürgen Klopp says he doesn't want Manchester United job

• Borussia coach says his contract is 'not breakable'
• Describes Reds as 'a great club with wonderful fans'
Daniel Taylor: Moyes has missed ever possible target
Poll: who could replace Moyes at Manchester United?
Moyes: a timeline of his ill-fated time at Old Trafford

jurgen-klopp-003.jpg

Jürgen Klopp wants to continue his love affair with the Yellow Submarine. Photograph: Bernd Thissen/ Bernd Thissen/dpa/Corbis
Jürgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United job. The 46-year-old told the Guardian: "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."
Klopp, who was widely reported to be one of the United board's preferred candidates to succeed David Moyes, extended his contract at the Bundesliga side until 2018 in October and explained that he was "still in love" with the club last week. United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honoring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.
Contrary to the perception in England, neither Dortmund nor their coach believe that the team have hit their glass ceiling after losing two key players, Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, to the league winners Bayern Munich.
The club have only begun to establish themselves as the German league's second force after nearly going out of business in 2005. Strong financial growth over the course of the last three years has seen their turnover rise to £256m in 2012-13, a figure that puts them ahead of Premier League teams like Liverpool £240m and Tottenham Hotspur £172m.
Since taking on the job the 2008, Klopp has led his young squad to two championships, one German FA Cup and an appearance at the Champions League final in Wembley last may. Dortmund have qualified for the next Champions League group stage and will also contest this year's cup final in Berlin, where Bayern will once again provide the opposition.
Dortmund, meanwhile, are interested in resigning Shinji Kagawa from United. The Japanese midfielder has struggled to be a regular at Old Trafford since his £17.6m move from Dortmund in 2012. Kagawa was believed to be weighing up the option of a return to Germany but is now expected to wait for the arrival of United's new manager, in the hope that his chances will improve.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ter-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

On Talksh!te this morning Mark Bosnich practically accused Ferguson of nominating Moyes in the first place for the purpose of ensuring that his (Ferguson's) own memory remained uppermost in people's minds. If that's a sample of infighting to come, that club has more damage to look forward to yet.

Love it. :vamp:

Heh, my girlfriend came up with the same theory yesterday. It's a bit illogical because Ferguson is copping heat off the Moyes appointment too. Silly Bosnich.

It seems like they probably made the decision some time ago and were just waiting for for 4th to be gone. The party is over :(

Yep - I'm sure he'd do well at the Toon. What do you think @Rouge Penguin? He's got to be better than Pardew right?

Hell no. Given we don't have any decent funds, plays exactly the opposite style the fat bellied ones want to play and proven he's shit at motivation.

I'd rather stick with the mentalist Pardew. At least we had a half decent effort this season, moyes would be instant favourite for relegation.

Klopp is said to pride himself on the fact that he's never broken a contract.

IMO it's looking more and more like the Dutch Flasher is going to be their next boss (appaz the bookies now make him favourite) which could go either way. The clash of egos between him and Ginsoak will be entertaining even before you get to footballing matters - unless the fact that Moyes was Ferguson's choice has reduced the old git's clout too much for things to get to that stage.

United have said they want one of ; Klopp, Simeone, Ancelotti, Van Gaal or I heard Blanc too. Van Gaal says he wants it and is probably going to be the only one available !!

Seems Giggs & Butt will manage them until the end of the season.

So who's coming in till the end of the season?

Butt could certainly plug the gap in the short term.*

*shamelessly stolen

They're on course to become the Real Madrid of England, but only in the sense of misusing millions of quid every year and sacking managers so frequently that most top bosses will regard it as no more than a lucrative one-year jolly.

Klopp is said to pride himself on the fact that he's never broken a contract.

IMO it's looking more and more like the Dutch Flasher is going to be their next boss (appaz the bookies now make him favourite) which could go either way. The clash of egos between him and Ginsoak will be entertaining even before you get to footballing matters - unless the fact that Moyes was Ferguson's choice has reduced the old git's clout too much for things to get to that stage.
Actually that's a good shout regarding Ginsoak. He really does come out of all this looking like a right twat. I'm not surprised a fair few scum fans blame him directly for what happened to them this season.

Looking at it without too much bias no young manager would fancy that job. Massive amounts of rebuilding needs to be done. Huge expectation. My money is also in Van Gaal which would be pretty hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom