• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester United v Liverpool - Match Thread - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for Williams, he shouldn’t be anywhere near playing in this game.

Yeah..just isn't good enough. Lacks pace and upper body strength. But Fabio has made a few rash tackles like that.Has to be cool and not make these tackles so obvious. Still..move on..

No big deal. Yeah better after Bobby pumped a bit of life into us. Some poor defending but we can concentrate on the big 2 now.

Bobby was poor bar the great assist.
I'd rather we play 4-3-1-2 with Salah-Mane as the two to do as the please, the one being Shaq or Keita if he's alive.
But formation has to be 4-3-3 which is problematic as due to injuries, and players who don't fit the formation, the starting line up is just going to struggle.
If Salah and Mane can both get really hot somehow, maybe we can salvage something this season.

I remember reading an interview with Wijnaldum the other week where he said he wanted to win the FA cup to go with the other trophies he's won with us but you'd have never known today with another anonymous performance. His ability to only play the ball sideways or mostly backwards is astounding, just doesn't even try to pass it forwards. Maybe it's the lack of Henderson and Fabinho in midfield that's preventing us from seeing the best of him but he should be doing much better than he is at the moment.

Sorry, but I've been saying for some time that it was clear Rhys wasn't ready.

It's not just this game.

Against Spurs, he was at fault for their goal and in every game he's given up at least 1 big chance, if not 2 or 3. We've just not always been punished. He's not even fully physically developed yet. Give him another 3 or 4 years, and he might actually be faster, stronger and have a bigger presence about him. Right now though? It's unfair on the kid. Putting pressure on him to be PL Champions' level (from being in the Conference a year ago).

Yeah..just isn't good enough. Lacks pace and upper body strength. But Fabio has made a few rash tackles like that.Has to be cool and not make these tackles so obvious. Still..move on..

He doesn't 'lack pace,' as anyone who saw him at earlier stages can attest. And as for lacking upper body strength, they said the same about Hansen at about the same age.

some positives in our play
i actually enjoyed the game

Yeah, I thought it was good game too.

Most frustrating moment for me was when Bobby miscontrolled that simple pass. That's because he's been doing that a lot in our slump.

Good to see Mo (someone) scoring again...

Crap result. But definitely an improvement in our play over the previous weeks. Let’s hope we build on it in the league.

I am frustrated by the fact the most important spark plug for our attack was needlessly risked by Klopp in a game that was pointless.

Lastly, I'm so fucking angry still that that shit that passed for referring in the Everton game (red, goal) and how it seems the norm nowadays against us, that it's turning me off football to a point where I was happy to work and do work for a charity on the side, while barely watching.
I understand the Jota thing. But I also understand trying to maintain momentum by not playing a complete second string. Its months ago, though. Time to let it go.
And much of modern football sickens me - the money, the corruption, the circus surrounding it, the playacting on the field. We are different under Klopp - I like our manager and I like our players. I have been ready to take a step back my love of football for years, but Klopp and the pleasure he brings to the game has kept me caring. Then, to win Champions League and the Premier League for me to experience with my 4 boys - I'm so glad to have had these few years. Yes I want more, but we have been hammered by bad fortune this year.

he was involved is setting up both our goals...

Ok, and wasted a good opportunity later on? And lost possession a few times so clumsily ...
I am not in Brendan's school of thought on him - always thought he was a key cog to this team, but for almost 2 years now, we struggle to see a player who can string two good games together, if not two good halves ... Just don't see him being a key part of this team going forward next year ...

he was involved is setting up both our goals...

After miscontrolling that ball, Bobby was the best player on the pitch for 10 to 15 minutes. Winning the ball back, joining up our play and creating chances.

I still wouldn't start him in the next match...

Its really worse knowing that its all just down to money. If we had it we'd be fine.
It's worse knowing it's down to money, we have plenty of it, and won't fucking spend it on the most obvious weakness in the entire Premier league.

Shortsighted and kicking everyone associated with Liverpool in the balls. It's not even a saving grace that they are royally kicking themselves in the balls, risking our greatest asset, Klopp.

I understand the Jota thing. But I also understand trying to maintain momentum by not playing a complete second string. Its months ago, though. Time to let it go.
And much of modern football sickens me - the money, the corruption, the circus surrounding it, the playacting on the field. We are different under Klopp - I like our manager and I like our players. I have been ready to take a step back my love of football for years, but Klopp and the pleasure he brings to the game has kept me caring. Then, to win Champions League and the Premier League for me to experience with my 4 boys - I'm so glad to have had these few years. Yes I want more, but we have been hammered by bad fortune this year.

I like Klopp a lot, I think he's a breath of fresh air as a manager (despite his obvious short comings) & as a human being.
I also cannot be anything but grateful that he finally got rid of that wait for #19.
But that doesn't mean his performances shouldn't be called out when he's erring.
Part of his greatness is why his teams fall hard - as DOrtmund did in their last year, and as I've said again, we will be in serious serious shit if we don't finish 4th ... and I just am struggling to see how we can turn this around.
Maybe I'm just down on footy - I keep on saying it, but I feel like a BlueMoon poster as far too many things just don't pass the 'red face test'.
I can't tell you how much I want to eat humble pie - these players clearly care (see TAA's reaction after the final whistle). They clearly still want to fight. I hope Pat can rub it in my face if somehow win Big Ears or finish top 4 ... I'll happily happily just take the latter if I'm honest, because that's the best way to ensure we keep Klopp (as he's clearly beyond frustrated that we can't even buy a CB when it's so fucking obvious we need one).

Wasn’t a free kick Cavani cheated the ref that’s an even bitter pill to swallow. All in all it wasn’t a bad performance so bring on spurs on Thursday.

really say I agree with this that I have calmed down a bit after watching today's game.

There are probably reasons on why we re doing so bad:
-mistakes at CB,
-change of intensity due to covid or pre-season,
-change of style a bit because we are worried of getting exposed,
-change i midfield dynamics and resulting into shit pressing game when matters

But I am sure Klopp and his staff are able to see that. It is just that we keep trying to find either cheap solutions to our problems or solutions from within and sometimes it leads to mistakes and then we need patience. I remember one or 2 mistakes from Trent initially when he started playing as RB. Also Robbo was not so effective in final third in his initial days. So now it is Rhys or sometimes it was Jones in some EPL games. I just hope that we manage to do enough to hold the ground and build it again from here systematically, instead of believing that back to back PL was there to take and taking decisions in hurry.

The only game we've won since christmas was against Villa's u23 team and that was a struggle too. Although we scored two goals today the midfield and defence were awful again so I'm sorry but i don't see any massive improvement from us at all. When you've lowered your standards to the point where that performance and result is deemed acceptable then that shows how much we've fallen from where we were. I doubt Jurgen or the team will be happy about it and so they shouldn't be.

Good game and a good performance. Much better than our previous games.
Hopefully we'll build on this for Spurs on Thursday.

Williams is getting a lot of undeserved stick. Not his fault that he has to step up and play in this team. He's not ready and not good enough, but our CB crisis makes this so difficult.
Shame that FSG seem to let our season go to shite instead of investing in a CB.
The scenario of us not finishing in the top 4 would cost a lot more to say the least.

Thats because we have not had one like this, from my memory. Have we had such a bad run ?
Not only that. No crowd, atmosphere, magic. It's like watching a pre-season game with a bunch of rich people going through the motions.

Not too bothered we're out as long as we pick ourselves up and the board realises we need reinforcement. Umtiti is available as a loan option. They just have to find the funds from somewhere or I fear Klopp might quit.

Klopp won’t quit.

If we don't invest in a CB - which he clearly thinks the team *needs* - and we don't manage to get top 4, I think there's a chance he'll go.
It's essential we don't give him a reason to think that decision should be considered.

Damn I really wanted the triple.

Good to see some positive signs.

Matip simply has to stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom